ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from HMRC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hello7777
Newly Registered

Letter from HMRC

Post by hello7777 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:22 pm

Hello Dear

I just want to know, I am Employed for nearly 5 months and my 6 month will be on October so i can apply for my Spouse in November, I have been told from a Solicitor that i should get a letter from HMRC about my Tax Information,
If i Contact with the HMRC for the letter on 1st of November how long it may Take? and is it a good Proof to apply?

Many Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Letter from HMRC

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Unless you're self-employed you should be able to submit your payslips as proof of earnings + a letter from your employer confirming your annual earnings and terms of employment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hello7777
Newly Registered

Post by hello7777 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Thank you for your kind reply
But some are saying A letter from Hmrc confirming tax issue will make application stronger and quicker, is that true? i know some people recently got their visa in 14 days

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:48 pm

The processing time for a spouse visa depends on where the application is submitted. I'm not clear on what you mean by 'tax issue'. Your payslips will show that tax is being deducted and you haven't been employed long enough to have a P60. What are you thinking of asking HMRC to provide you with?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hello7777
Newly Registered

Post by hello7777 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks again for your reply

I am going to apply from Bangladesh and i have contacted my Company said they can bring me a letter from hmrc that how much tax i have paid the 6 month statement from hmrc, my 6 month will be on next month. also one of the solicitor i should bring a letter from hmrc anyone can bring it from hmrc

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Except you feel your tax and NI aren't up to date, you don't need letter from HMRC, of course adding it wouldn't hurt your application.

hello7777
Newly Registered

Post by hello7777 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Thank you for your reply

How do i contact to HMRC to Check my Tax and Ni paying correctly, Is there any number to call them,