ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application for Family

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vimal1206
Newly Registered

ILR Application for Family

Post by vimal1206 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:20 am

Hello All,

I would like to get your valuable suggestion on a situation confronting me for ILR application for my family.

Me and my wife have separate Tier-1 visas. My ILR is due November first week. Wife's is due later in 2015. My kid has end date as mine. My wife was out of country for maternity leave for about an year.

Now the situation I'm confused about is, how do I apply for all three of us for ILR or is it the right way. My ILR application is straightforward. But for my wife , is it possible to now make my wife as dependent and apply along with my ILR?

Would this be the right way to apply for my wife as she is converting from Tier1 to dependent.
What would be the best way forward in this situation?

Many thanks.

Obie
Ireland

Re: ILR Application for Family

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:55 pm

If your wife was not issued a visa as a dependent, she cannot apply for ILR with you as a Dependent.

She can switch to FLR(M), just in case things don't work out with her ILR application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vimal1206
Newly Registered

Post by vimal1206 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks Obie for your suggestion.

So the best way would be for me to first apply for ILR along with my kid. Once I get the ILR, the following month my wife can apply on FLR(M).

Thanks.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Where were the Kids born?

I wonder why they were put on your dependent visa and the mother has a different date.

I am not sure they will be granted settlement, if their mother is not at the same time being granted ILR.

vimal1206
Newly Registered

Post by vimal1206 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi Obie,

Kid was born in India. During the visa application for my kid, the visa details of both of us were considered but the visa end date for my kid is given same as mine (Dec. 6 2014). My wife's visa end date is Jan 17 2015.

The other safe way that I can think would be to first apply for my ILR. And following that, apply for my wife and kid as dependents on FLR(M).

Would you think that would be a correct sequence of application?

Thanks.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:29 pm

It makes absolute sense to me.

vimal1206
Newly Registered

Post by vimal1206 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Many Thanks Obie for your help in finding the correct way forward for my application.