ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse seeking advice.

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nonstop
Newly Registered

UK spouse seeking advice.

Post by nonstop » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:58 pm

Hi there,

I am the husband of a US citizen. I am 23 years old, she is 26 years old. We met online in 2005, and our relationship progressed to the stage of wanting to live together permanantly.

Our original plan was for her to move to the United Kingdom with me, and we were advised for me to go to the USA on the standard visa waiver scheme and marry in the USA. We did this and were officially married on the 31st July 2007.

Due to recent policy changes in the UK immigration system it has become clear to us that co-sponsors or third party support from a family member is no longer accepted in spousal visa applications, and as a recent University Graduate of only a few months, I have so far only managed to secure temporary work, and have no savings, and a relatively low income.

So we are now left with two choices, either I find a better job in the UK and build up my finances, or we change our plans and I move to the USA.

So my question is which visa do I need to apply for, it seems that the K3 visa is the correct one. Do I need to be concerned about the circumstances in which we got married in the United States? Also I would like to know, is my wife able to use a co-sponsor for my application? She has been working as a waitress for the past year earning around $900 a month, and living at home with her Mother, I am assuming that will not be sufficient for a sponsor, however a family friend has expressed her wishes to help us and become a co-sponsor if such a rule exists in US immigration policy.

Any advice or assistance is appreciated