ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Entering UK- Startup Queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vishal_t
Newly Registered

HSMP Entering UK- Startup Queries

Post by vishal_t » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Hi Folks,

I got my HSMP stamped in Feb 2007, though i am entering UK after 6months now. Could there be issues with my entry at the airport or any other place in UK ? Do let me know the reasons that are considered valid and acceptable for delay by the immigration officers,if any.

I understand that i shall have to apply for an additional extension for ILR,but nevertheless it is too early for me to think about it.

Secondly, Can anyone answer my basic queries for getting started up with work via HSMP:

1. Registration - How and where do i need to go to get registered to be able to start officially start work once i arrive ? I am working as an IT Contractor in EU already for the last 4 years and i expect to find some contracts around London.

2. HOUSING - Any recommendations of areas for searching apartment around London/suburbs - Somewhere I could access central business areas within 30 minutes via tube / trains. I should have some interviews in the first month of arrival, so i am looking for a temporary accomodation that is not very far off to access the central business areas.
My monthly budget for accomodation is around 1200 bucks, guess it should be possible to find a decent accomodation in this range

I shall be moving with my family, so would be great if you recommend some areas that dont have a notorious track record for housing.

Thanks a lot in advance !
Vishal