ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice and reassurance needed for spouse application, please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

redge89
Newly Registered

Advice and reassurance needed for spouse application, please

Post by redge89 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi everyone

My wife (from Philippines) and I (UK citizen) have recently been battling the courts to allow her to stay in the UK but have had two appeals rejected now. She was applying from outside of the rules and her initial application was made before we were married so they have not considered this within their decision.

It now looks like she will have to return to the Philippines in order to allow for entry clearance/spouse visa. I earn over £18,600 - are there any other requirements we need to meet?

If we do meet all of the requirements are we guaranteed that she will be allowed to return to me? Our solicitor said he is certain it would be fine but I'm a very anxious person and am scared that I may never see her again

Any advice or thoughts would really be appreciated and you will have my full gratitude

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Advice and reassurance needed for spouse application, pl

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:51 pm

As long as you can show evidence of meeting the financial minimum and of a genuine relationship and have adequate accommodation your application should be approved. She won't be refused for her overstay as long as you confident that she hasn't frustrated immigration rules...i.e working illegally on false papers or having an outstanding NHS bill. Your solicitor should be able to advise you on this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

redge89
Newly Registered

Re: Advice and reassurance needed for spouse application, pl

Post by redge89 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:57 am

Thanks for your reply Casa, really appreciate it. Luckily the courts have already acknowledged the relationship as genuine and we have a huge volume of evidence. All the best