ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question - How to apply for a visa to work in Brazil.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Phil_C

Question - How to apply for a visa to work in Brazil.

Post by Phil_C » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:42 am

I'm British and looking to gain employment in Brazil (Sao Paulo) for a year in February 2008.

I've done some research on the internet but I'm struggling to find an agency which deals with these types of visas or information on how to apply directly.

Can anyone advise?

Many Thanks.
Phil

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 pm

Just give a call to the Brazil embassy in the Uk and I am sure they will provide you with all the info you need.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:55 pm

Phil,

The process is relatively similar to the one that Brazilians have to go through to get a job in the UK.

I highly doubt you will be able to apply directly, as we (in Brazil) do not have a points system similar to the UK or Australia, etc. You need to find an employer willing to sponsor you, or get an intercompany transfer to the Brazilian subsidiary.

The Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is government body responsible for the granting of the visa. Have a look at their website - http://www.mre.gov.br

Also the visa section of the Brazilian consulate in London may prove to be useful as well. Their email is visa@consbraslondres.com.

Check the following web address which states the types of visas available for non-Brazilians.

http://pubweb.fdbl.com/ihp8/global/medi ... endocument

What is your line of work? Do you speak Portuguese? Unless you're willing to teach English, you will need some Portuguese to work at a Brazilian environment, as very few of us are able to speak any other language.

Hope this helps.

Rogerio