ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No update @ HO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nousky

No update @ HO

Post by Nousky » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:17 pm

Hello friends,

There is no update at the web site of HO today. :o
Any idea about the current processing date :?: :idea:
Last week they were processing application received on the 12 may.

Thanks for sharing some dates.

nousky

yhdyhd

Re: No update @ HO

Post by yhdyhd » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:20 pm

Nousky wrote:Hello friends,

There is no update at the web site of HO today. :o
Any idea about the current processing date :?: :idea:
Last week they were processing application received on the 12 may.

Thanks for sharing some dates.

nousky
They have updated. Only 2 days they go ahead, too dispointed.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:29 pm

Guys,

What was the date given for leave to remain applications on the 29th Oct (Last Update). Was it 18th August?

Today's date shows 19th August :(

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:32 pm

Too Slow.This means they are going keep my passports for 3 months :roll:

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:46 pm

I think the HO updates are a bit incorrect unless there is something really funny going on there.....

FLR (IED) shouyd be straight forward INMHO.

With regards to WP's they are handling cases recieved on 5th November (i.e last Friday). the same team dealing with WP's (i.e OPs team 2???) is dealing with HSMP extensions

surely they could not have done only one day in 10 days :P

I have always seen this statement on the website since the site went live

We are allocating additional resources to improve our service standards.

Is that true - or just a way of shuting us up :roll:

Either way we are in for a long ride (minus £121.00).

If these delays were experienced by Brits say applying for passports thenm there would have been loads of mayhem - but who gives a damn about immigrants :cry:
Where there is a will there is a way.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:52 pm

Yes Just a day processed is quite insane. Maybe they had too many urgent applications that jumped the queue? I would suspect that its going to get a lot worse before it gets any better, hence the new approach to change of employment cases.

I have emailed the HO to specifically ask them if it applied to people switching from wp to hsmp but havent recieved any feedback.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:20 pm

Perhaps we need to give them a little more time. Remember that they have already advised callers that they are training new people. And, as we all very well should know by now, it is very difficult to do one's job if one is spending most of one's day training someone else. :wink:

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:35 am

No update - or are they going to spend another 10 days to make a 'days' progress on sorting out applications...

..come on HO, the season of goodwill is around the corner :wink:

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:07 am

Well just receive the mail from HO that they r working on applications received around 12th May....I guess the next update will be of merely 2 working days...as 15 and 16 were holidays, we can expect the next update of 18th or 19th, the most....

Anis

Nousky

Post by Nousky » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:11 pm

anishpadela wrote:Well just receive the mail from HO that they r working on applications received around 12th May....I guess the next update will be of merely 2 working days...as 15 and 16 were holidays, we can expect the next update of 18th or 19th, the most....

Anis
Really, which hollidays? it means more delays on the way!!!. :roll:

Nousky :shock:

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:28 pm

Really, which hollidays? it means more delays on the way!!!.
The weekend i.e saturday and sunday.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:36 pm

The website has been updated

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rvice.html

Leave to Remain Applications - Customers should allow up to 10 weeks from the date of application

23 August 2004

Work Permit Applications - If all information is provided for your application, you can expect a decision within 5 working days

12 November 2004

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme - Customers should allow up to 24 weeks from the date of application

18 May 2004

Worker Registration Scheme - Customers should allow up to 3 weeks from the date of application. Complex or incomplete applications may take longer.

8 November 2004

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:41 pm

The delay might be due to shift the office for HSMP. As I called last week, the fellow gave me new no. 0114 259 1894 and informed about change of place...so last week they may not be able to keep up their sluggish speed even..

Anis

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:42 pm

Are they getting bigger premises? Training people?... is this the light at then end of the tunnel? :)
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:52 pm

well fingers are crossed and lets hope for the best... 8)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:25 pm

These guyz are taking a pi*s....

...with regards FLR, they have made a days progress since the 21st and 22nd August were weekends.....

So in theory thet are taking a week (7 days) to sort out 1 days FLR appplications :roll:

I dont think we will get back our ppts this side of x-mas :?

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:46 pm

As I wrote earlier soon we will get our ILR before the FLR.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:15 pm

u r definately right there tvt. one day for FLR, 3 days for HSMP, they need to do something urgently

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:23 pm

tvt wrote:As I wrote earlier soon we will get our ILR before the FLR.

Actually if you apply 'linear regression analysis' on the perfoomance/prediction of completion of cases assuming that K = same speed of hadling cases i.e 7 days per single days applications) then in theory anyone applying say in June 2006 will get ILR before FLR :lol:

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:28 pm

As someone has reported earlier, I wonder if the abysmal processing speed as anything to do with moving offices. We shall know in a couple of weeks I guess.

Its hard to understand why it was only a day a week for FLR because just 3 weeks back they were doing 7-8 days processing in a week.

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:46 pm

Guys,

one thing am not quite clear about is that as more applications are spam_do_not_click_here into HO on hsmp, the time it takes to get an approval is lengthened.. the question is for older applicants on the queue, does the waiting time continue to increase from day to day?
if for example i submitted in august and hsmp team advises me via mail it would take 20 weeks for a decision, then current info is that it would take at least 24 weeks for a decision, does that void the 20 weeks i was advised earlier by hsmp team :?: :?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:02 pm

Aparently the more applications they get, the longer all applications take. Doctors, and Urgent cases will slow up older applications, the buffer they had available is full.... but I'm sure the guys that are monitoring the times will be able to give us more info and details about the efect time is having on the applications.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:38 pm

lightpace wrote:Guys,

one thing am not quite clear about is that as more applications are spam_do_not_click_here into HO on hsmp, the time it takes to get an approval is lengthened.. the question is for older applicants on the queue, does the waiting time continue to increase from day to day?
if for example i submitted in august and hsmp team advises me via mail it would take 20 weeks for a decision, then current info is that it would take at least 24 weeks for a decision, does that void the 20 weeks i was advised earlier by hsmp team :?: :?
My understanding is that when the HO advises a waiting time, it applies for the month they are currently processing. As they are doing May end applicants, it takes 24 weeks (calculate between May and now). As they are not clearing 1 days backlog in a day, this is constantly increasing. Therefore as things stand, its highly unlikely that their applications will be dealth in 24 weeks.. probably as high as 40 weeks :(

Nousky

Post by Nousky » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:48 pm

anishpadela wrote:The delay might be due to shift the office for HSMP. As I called last week, the fellow gave me new no. 0114 259 1894 and informed about change of place...so last week they may not be able to keep up their sluggish speed even..

Anis
Dear Anisphadela,

I read somewhere in the Forum that HO before posting the processing time are already processing applications two weeks up front.
exemple if the poste 18 May on their web site they might be processing at that time application of 1st June :!: :idea:

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:30 am

Nousky wrote:Dear Anisphadela,

I read somewhere in the Forum that HO before posting the processing time are already processing applications two weeks up front.
exemple if the poste 18 May on their web site they might be processing at that time application of 1st June :!: :idea:
Dear Nousky

I dont think thats the case...if thats true then I should have my docs back with me as my case was recd on 19th May and they r processing 18th...and someone applied on 17th May got docs back with approval dated 9th Nov so things are exactly the way they r projecting....so we need to keep faith on their posted date.

Anis