ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree in English - KoL requirment for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pawant
Newly Registered

Degree in English - KoL requirment for Naturalisation

Post by pawant » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi, I am very confused regarding the KOL requirement for naturalisation.

I have a Bachelors Degree in English Literature from Delhi University and I do get extra 10 point in PBS for Language Skills. I called NARIC and they informed me I would need a certificate from university to confirm that my degree in English was taught in English (ridiculous!)

Q1. If I submit PBS sheet, degree certificate and mark sheet would this satisfy my English Language requirement?
Q2. Regarding PBS sheet do you simply complete the form assuming you are applying for Tier 1 visa or can you submit previous PBS sheet?
Q3. Is it advisable to go through the NCS service? Do I have to pay for the service and Naturalisation Fee before they start checking the documents?

Below is the details on home office website, it seems to be straight forward but more you read other threads on this forum more complicated it gets.

Degrees taught or researched in English

You’ll need to prove your degree was both:
taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)