ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Permanent visa for spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiru4u

Regarding Permanent visa for spouse

Post by kiru4u » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:40 am

Hi,
Me and my wife got married in May 2010, she came to UK in Oct 2010. As her visa expired in March 2012 and she had not completed 2 years in UK, we had to apply for FLR visa, it took nine months to be processed and we got in November 2012 and it is valid till Nov 2014. So now what visa should I apply for her, is it ILR or can I apply for citizenship. Please can somebody help me with this.

I got my citizenship in June 2013.

Thanks.

WR1

Re: Regarding Permanent visa for spouse

Post by WR1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:00 am

Your wife can apply for ILR. In fact, she could have applied for it in October 2012 after completing the 2 year period (possible even if the FLR was still under consideration).

Your wife will need English Level B1 and Life in the UK test for ILR.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

kiru4u

Post by kiru4u » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:44 am

Thanks for the reply,
Yeah but she was in India for more than 6 months from April 2011 - Jan 2012, so we could not consider for ILR at that time.

Cant she apply for naturalisation as I am a BC and she has stayed for more than 2 years in FLR visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:32 am

No. She needs ILR first.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.