ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sahar.ali22

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Sahar.ali22 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Safikazmi12 cong and when your passport stamp i mean which date ?.

AMRKHN

Post by AMRKHN » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 pm

CONGRATZ to all who have received their visa, I hope you have a beautiful life with your partners.

And may Allah give sabar to those who got rejected and grant them their visas asap.

Juarah
Newly Registered

Post by Juarah » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:11 am

Just been reading through this thread- depressing stuff :(

I got married in April this year and had hoped to have my wife join me in UK by the end of the year but recent developments lead me to believe that this is unlikely, even though we have submitted what I think is a watertight case. Having said that, I've just read a recent post where someone has been rejected despite meeting the salary requirement- how can this be allowed to happen?!

I only feel for those waiting patiently- my application hasn't passed 2 months yet and the uncertainty is bad enough as it is. Some of you have been waiting much longer and my heart goes out to you, and I pray that you all hear the news you have been waiting for as soon as possible.

The only thing to remember is that ultimately all decisions are made by the almighty so just keep praying for a positive outcome. It will happen when it is meant to be. Sabr is an important part of our faith.

Allah gives some of the hardest tests to his strongest soldiers.

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:01 am

Shaggy000 wrote:Congratulation ...:) can u tell me plz the enail adress of bhc from where u got the mail ..did u email them or they givr u and themselve
In the email it was clearly mention that please dnt reply on this email. It was system generated email
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:05 am

moizraja wrote:Salam all jst wanna tell my visa got refused i applied on 17 jan 2014.the reason of refusal is eco says i thnk how ever u earnin 20600 tht is mre thn incme threshld bt m nt stisfied i m mch cnfused n upset by ths reason thy gve me right to appeal need ur sujjestions wht is bttr fr me appeal or fresh app thnkss!!!!n thnks fr ur support guys hpe all of u hear good news n congrats to all who had been grntd.
Ohh really sad moiz Raja amy way best of luck ...dnt be sad bro..inshahallah a day will come they have to give visa. I think u should re apply but make a brief and detailed work on financial threshold.
MY TIMELINE:

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:06 am

Sahar.ali22 wrote:Safikazmi12 cong and when your passport stamp i mean which date ?.
Date on visa sticker is 23-09-2014
MY TIMELINE:

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:38 am

Juarah wrote:Just been reading through this thread- depressing stuff :(

I got married in April this year and had hoped to have my wife join me in UK by the end of the year but recent developments lead me to believe that this is unlikely, even though we have submitted what I think is a watertight case. Having said that, I've just read a recent post where someone has been rejected despite meeting the salary requirement- how can this be allowed to happen?!

I only feel for those waiting patiently- my application hasn't passed 2 months yet and the uncertainty is bad enough as it is. Some of you have been waiting much longer and my heart goes out to you, and I pray that you all hear the news you have been waiting for as soon as possible.

The only thing to remember is that ultimately all decisions are made by the almighty so just keep praying for a positive outcome. It will happen when it is meant to be. Sabr is an important part of our faith.

Allah gives some of the hardest tests to his strongest soldiers.
If we submit all the required documents, chances of refusal are very little. Majority of refusals are because we make mistakes with our application not ECO.

May Allah swt give sabr to those who are waiting for an answer along with those whom have been refused
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:40 am

Safikazmi.....Congrats and best wishes for a happy married life.

Moizraja..sorry for your refusal, keep your faith with you.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:46 am

Everyone need your advice.

My cousin is getting married in December, he would like to know what would be best for him to do in terms of brining his would be wife to UK.

1) Apply straight after wedding. OR Apply few months after wedding.

If he applies straight after wedding then his wife's NIC, passport, marriage certificate and English test certificate would have a different surname (her fathers name) rather than husbands surname. Is that going to cause an issue with the application? Can she take the English test with a passport which does not have her husbands surname?

Please give your thoughts.

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:48 am

Can I just ask a piece of advice.. Now that we got refused last month .. Would it be sensible to apply for. Visit visa for my hubby just until we prepare for our next application ?? For like 4-5 months ?

Haze77

Post by Haze77 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:56 am

Hi,

We relied on wages and rental income. They queried the rental income and we provided additional documents as proof.

Its been 2 months since providing the additional documents but no reply.

I emailed them last month but got a standard reply which wasn't very useful.

We applied in January.

The additional documents were submitted through Gerrys.

What can we do now?

Should we write to our MP?

Its well over the 6 months timescale that they gie to decide cases.

We basically want a decision, even if its a refusal.

Many Thanks

blumango

Post by blumango » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:30 am

tallojani wrote:Safikazmi.....Congrats and best wishes for a happy married life.

salam. where does it say that your spouse must have same surname? my spouse has her fathers surname and I don't expect her to change itin the future visa granted or not

the only issue here is, your cousin will have great difficulty providing evidence of relationship i.e communications/maintanence payments etc
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:44 am

Hello everyone, I submitted my application in Karachi on 16th September 2014, last tuesday. Emailed the uk visa people for a status update and they said that my application is waiting to be assessed by an ECO.

Does anyone know how long it is taking these days for an ECO to start working on an application?

Thanks all

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:53 am

tallojani wrote:Everyone need your advice.

My cousin is getting married in December, he would like to know what would be best for him to do in terms of brining his would be wife to UK.

If he applies straight after wedding then his wife's NIC, passport, marriage certificate and English test certificate would have a different surname (her fathers name) rather than husbands surname. Is that going to cause an issue with the application? Can she take the English test with a passport which does not have her husbands surname?

My wife has kept her surname, however both her passport and CNIC card had her fathers name. After marriage we applied for a new CNIC and passport which contained my name instead of her fathers. However if you are applying straight after marriage there will be no issue as it would be impossible to change straight away. ECO are aware that it is common in countries like Pakistan for wives not to change there surname.

As for communication if its an arranged marriage and you are applying straight after the ECO would expect there to be no communication or maintenance evidence. Just emphasise that point in the application. Most of my cousins who got married in Pakistan took there paperwork with them and applied straight after marriage and none were refused or delayed, so I see no issue.

Main points ECO will look at in this case would be marriage photos and photos of husband and wife together after marriage plus the usual stuff, you can confirm this with any immigration lawyer.

Ali

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:54 am

The most valid way for your cousin to show his relationship to his wife is through her passport showing her husband's name, instead of her father's name. It will be good to attach her last previous passport that has been cancelled that showed her father's name so they know that she recently got married to your cousin and her new latest valid passport has his name. Getting her passport renewed as urgent will take 15 days at max and getting her cnic renewed will take 4 days through an executive nadra service.

This holds true even if she doesn't change her surname after marriage.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:03 am

Moa7 wrote:

The most valid way for your cousin to show his relationship to his wife is through her passport showing her husband's name, instead of her father's name. It will be good to attach her last previous passport that has been cancelled that showed her father's name so they know that she recently got married to your cousin and her new latest valid passport has his name. Getting her passport renewed as urgent will take 15 days at max and getting her cnic renewed will take 4 days through an executive nadra service.

This holds true even if she doesn't change her surname after marriage.
if you pay the urgent fee for new passport it only takes 5 days (unless if lost or stolen).

sami3

Post by sami3 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:20 am

Yes to all of your questions. I got married on 29/12/2013 and applied for visa on 09/01/2014. My wife never changed her surname as it doesn't affect anything, there is no legal obligation to change your name at this stage.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:36 am

saf786 wrote:Can I just ask a piece of advice.. Now that we got refused last month .. Would it be sensible to apply for. Visit visa for my hubby just until we prepare for our next application ?? For like 4-5 months ?
You would have a tough job to convince an ECO that your husband would return back, especially after a refusal I wouldn't try.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:44 am

blumango wrote:
tallojani wrote:Safikazmi.....Congrats and best wishes for a happy married life.

salam. where does it say that your spouse must have same surname? my spouse has her fathers surname and I don't expect her to change itin the future visa granted or not

the only issue here is, your cousin will have great difficulty providing evidence of relationship i.e communications/maintanence payments etc
If he applies straight after wedding then surely he Is not expected to provide any evidence to prove his relationship. I would like to know which way is better, applying straight after wedding or waiting for few months.

Could you please answer is it must for the passport to show spouse's surname to be able to sit the English test? (someone told her that she can only take the English test if the passport shows her spouse's name because the test is called spouse test)

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:53 am

alil2014 wrote:

My wife has kept her surname, however both her passport and CNIC card had her fathers name. After marriage we applied for a new CNIC and passport which contained my name instead of her fathers. However if you are applying straight after marriage there will be no issue as it would be impossible to change straight away. ECO are aware that it is common in countries like Pakistan for wives not to change there surname.

As for communication if its an arranged marriage and you are applying straight after the ECO would expect there to be no communication or maintenance evidence. Just emphasise that point in the application. Most of my cousins who got married in Pakistan took there paperwork with them and applied straight after marriage and none were refused or delayed, so I see no issue.

Main points ECO will look at in this case would be marriage photos and photos of husband and wife together after marriage plus the usual stuff, you can confirm this with any immigration lawyer.

Ali
Thank you bro for your reply..what about the English test. Can the wife take the English test with a passport which has her father's surname?

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:18 pm

tallojani wrote:
Thank you bro for your reply..what about the English test. Can the wife take the English test with a passport which has her father's surname?

Hi I can't say about other test, but for IELTS there isn't any such requirement.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:35 pm

tallojani wrote:
alil2014 wrote:
tallojani wrote:
It shouldn't be an issue as long you have a valid passport. I.e. My wife took the Cambridge KET and results are verified using applicant name dob and passport number. Colleges where applicants go to study may ask for it not sure why but as far as I'm aware so long as the applicant does not update there passport after english test everything will be fine.

fawad iftikhar

Post by fawad iftikhar » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Moa7 wrote:Hello everyone, I submitted my application in Karachi on 16th September 2014, last tuesday. Emailed the uk visa people for a status update and they said that my application is waiting to be assessed by an ECO.

Does anyone know how long it is taking these days for an ECO to start working on an application?

Thanks all

Aoa I submitted my application in Karachi on 2nd September 2014. Since then i did not hear back and neither i checked for status update with them. They have mentioned on their website , you should expect to receive a decision within 12 weeks plus considering the fact that they are nowadays taking server more months in Pakistan besides this 12 weeks due to apps backlog ref to financial req case.

I will check with them after a month and we can always post status updates here. I wish u good luck with your application and InshaAllah we both hear back soon :(
Last edited by fawad iftikhar on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bio-metrics(Khi)- 02 Sept 14
RFC 24 dec 14 : rejected on financial grounds
Jan 8 15 : appealed (oral) inside the UK
Feb 23 15 : notice of pending appeal with ECM deadline till 6 June 2015

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:42 pm

@tallojani I don't think there any issue in applying straight after but do the couple in question talk now at all? I mean if they talk the call communication would be there even if it isn't everyday as long as there's some communication that would be beneficial for them, and the English test shouldn't be an issue.

bigumar
Newly Registered

Post by bigumar » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Slaamz everyone. 
Iv been following this group for a few months now. Mashallah its been very helpfull to lots of people.

Just like to share with you all some bad news i recieved on monday. After waiting for more than 10 months wifes visa got refused. She was put on hold coz apparently we didnt meet income requirement. Cant believe this has happened to us. Soo upset. They did not accept my income. Applied as selfemployed with 2 jobs and also showed rental income. Statements did not show cash in hand money being depositted into my account for the 12 month tax return period & also few months rental income was missing from statements coz tenants left. I did explain that when i sent further evidence but looks like they didnt accept it. Thinking of appealing or might apply again. Just soo confused at the moment. Dnt knw wot to do?
I emailed them last week & they replied on sunday saying decision has been made so my wife rang gerrys on.monday and they told her passport is here. Thats how we found out it had been refused since 12th & no one bothered to even let us know. 
Does anyone know whether its a good idea to appeal and how long does it normally take? With points they have refused it on should i just apply again? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks 

My timeline : 
1-11-2013 - applied at Mirpur 
21-3-2014 - further evidence requested and sent 
22-7-2014 - wife called in for interview at islamabad 
22-9-2014 - RFC Refused!!!