ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Supporting documents count?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

googoodolls
Newly Registered

SET(M) Supporting documents count?

Post by googoodolls » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:40 am

Hi, I''m doing a final check for my application for SET(M), and have a possibly very basic question.
To fill in the last page of the form, how should I count my bank statements? It covers for 2 years and consists of Joint account, mine and my husband bank statements. They are, A LOT.
Should I count them per page or per each issue or bank names..?
This applies to other documents as well. For example do I count each bill per pages or the category?
e.g electricity bills named under my husband for 1y 6m and mine under 6 months. In this case, are electricity bills counted as '1' (one category) or '2' (per person) or '10' (per issue) or every single pages?

Please advise!

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: SET(M) Supporting documents count?

Post by Macro_Run » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:55 am

If you apply in person at PEO location, it does not matter. But if it is postal application count each paper & mention it.

googoodolls
Newly Registered

Post by googoodolls » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 am

Thanks Macro_Run! It will be at PEO and I still feel the last page has to be filled in properly. I will count each page as advised.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:22 am

You only need to provide the last 6 months bank statements.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:13 am

Casa

For SET(M), isn't the last 3 months bank statements generally sufficient?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

googoodolls
Newly Registered

Post by googoodolls » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Casa,

Thanks for your comment, but aren't documents supposed to cover last 2 years? My bank statements are financial supporting documents but also to cover 2 years residency.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:21 pm

The documents which need to cover last 2 years are to prove your cohabitation that is proof that you are living together in the form of utility bills and letters. Bank statements are only needed for the last 6 months to prove your financial strength

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:27 pm

Bank Statement can also be used as proof of address. It is an acceptable proof, as well as Utility Bill or Council Tax or Tenancy agreement.

There are circumstances, where tenants don't bills and other Utility is included in their rent.

In those circumstances, the only proof of address they will have will be a bank statement.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Even as proof of address, you won't need to submit a bank a statement for each month during the 2 years. The general rule is one piece of evidence of joint address (from 3 different sources) every 4 month period. 2 pieces of evidence every 4 months (i.e 12 in total) if in single names.
Proof of joint address doesn't necessarily have to be utility bills or tenancy agreement. You can also include doctor/hospital letters, mobile phone and credit card statements and if you're really short of evidence, anything with your name, address + postcode.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

googoodolls
Newly Registered

Post by googoodolls » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:16 am

solospy, Casa, Obie, Thanks for all of your help. I have one more question though. Should I sort the documents based on the home address (We've moved once in 2 years) or sort them periodically by categories?
Please advise!

neerajverma18
Newly Registered

Post by neerajverma18 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:10 pm

hI EVERYONE.

I'm going to apply ILR on 29th Sep and Enclosed bank statement from May to 15 Sep 2014. I don't have any bank statement after that. Is it ok or should I enclose Internet banking statement for rest of 15 days to complete 6 months.

Please guide.

Thank you in advance.

Neer

neerajverma18
Newly Registered

Post by neerajverma18 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Another thing is I have mobile bills in my and my partner's name and TV Licence online statement as we are not getting originals in post we are paying through direct debits and paperless statements.

Is it okay to enclose those online statements. because its mentioned in section 11 (documents) that They must be originals.

Please help ..

Regards,
NEERAJ