ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried spouse visa granted!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blinkyboy
Newly Registered

Unmarried spouse visa granted!

Post by blinkyboy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:36 am

I just thought I'd post here to announce that I got my visa. I was refused the first time because I did not submit enough evidence. The second, we got a lawyer and submitted lots of docs. Opening that package from Home Office was nerve wracking!

My advice to anyone looking to apply for a visa is to submit all the information you can. Please don't make the mistake I did.

Cheers!

claraluh
United Kingdom

Re: Unmarried spouse visa granted!

Post by claraluh » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi, Can you tell me more about your application, how did you apply and what documents you provided? Thanks.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:03 am

blinkyboy wrote:I just thought I'd post here to announce that I got my visa. I was refused the first time because I did not submit enough evidence. The second, we got a lawyer and submitted lots of docs. Opening that package from Home Office was nerve wracking!

My advice to anyone looking to apply for a visa is to submit all the information you can. Please don't make the mistake I did.

Cheers!
Congrats!

blinkyboy
Newly Registered

Post by blinkyboy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:51 am

Thank you!

I would advise anyone applying for this visa to get a lawyer or agent if you possibly can because if you are refused (like I was) it will end up costing you a heap more money because your application fee will be lost. Not only that, but you also lose valuable time. It's stressful when you are refused. The documents you need will no doubt depend on your peculiar circumstances as well and what information you have available.

We included a detailed letter from the solicitor, a written account of our relationship history, proof of residency for me, proof of residency where we lived together, letters from employers confirming dates worked and address for both of us, bank statements for both of us every few months, letters from friends confirming relationship, passport and visa of partner, copy of lease of place we lived and place moving to, photographs of us together and with family members, Facebook relationship history, emails, utility bill, birth certificate, plane tickets for holidays together. I think that's it.