ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maybe some good news?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Waqas17

Maybe some good news?

Post by Waqas17 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:17 am

Hi,

My wife's visa got refused in Jan 2014 due to financial reasons, well actually due to the visa office not assessing my application properly as they missed out my cash savings! We appealed in Feb 2014 and have been waiting for a hearing date.

Well my wife got a call from the BHC in ISB saying that they will email her a letter, and then to print that letter out and bring her passport, TB test and a photocopy of the sponsors passport to the nearest Gerry's.

My wife asked if that means her visa will be issued, but the person said she doesn't know but needs these documents for "travel".

Its been a day since that phonecall and no email yet!!??

Has anyone had this experience before? When will they send the email? Does it definitely mean her visa will be issued?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Maybe some good news?

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:28 am

Sounds like good news, likely the appeal has lapsed following an ECM reconsideration.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:28 am

Amber wrote:Sounds like good news, likely the appeal has lapsed following an ECM reconsideration.
Hopefully :)

But what i'm upset with, along many other people i suspect, is they had 6 months to reconsider their rejection from when i appealed (Feb) up until June. We had no response. Its only now when we are waiting for a hearing date they have made any communication.

Because it was their ERROR in assessing my application, a rather simple error which a school student could have assessed better, they have caused a delay of nearly a year. Has anyone ever considered and took legal action against the Home Office for negligence?

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:10 am

BHC called my wife on Friday morning and said they will send the letter via email. Its now Monday and haven't got anything.

Whats the best way to chase the letter up? I sent an email to the visaenquiries email but i don't think they check that much. I have found a phone number on this website: https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com

Will they be able to help? Its £1.37/min which is ridiculous.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:53 am

Have you checked your spam mail?try and check your spam mail first because it can go there at times.

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:40 pm

I received the call in letter today :)

But does this mean they will definitely give the visa, they still dont make it clear. Here's an extract:

Dear Mrs. ***********,
With reference to your application(s) for entry clearance please go to your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre on any working day with the exception of public holidays for the submission of your passport(s).

We are able to post date visit visas for up to three months so it is important, therefore, that you contact us as soon as possible even if you do not intend to travel straight away.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

 This letter. Your passport will not be accepted at the UK Visa Application Centre if you fail to present this letter.
 Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family detailed above. Depending on the category of visa you are applying for, there are other requirements:

For family migrants
 For Settlement applicants please provide a copy of your sponsors passport showing their current valid UK immigration status.

TB certificate – please note
 If you are planning to go to the UK for 6 months or more you are required to hold valid TB certificate. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by the International Organization for Migration (IOM). More details about TB testing and how to book an appointment with the IOM can be found on our website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... plying/tb- testing/?langname=null

Once your visa application is concluded, we will return your passport(s) and documents to Gerry’s who will notify you when they are ready for collection.

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission Islamabad, Pakistan

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Just get ALL they ask for,it's 99.9% assurance you're getting the visa,all things being equal.

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Thanks!

Just two things. Firstly my wifes TB test expired as its been a year since application. The lady from BHC said its fine to submit an expired TB test, but obviously get a valid one for travel. Does this seem right?

Secondly, do we need to make an appointment to submit passport to Gerrys? If so whats the number for mirpur, i cant find it.

Many thanks

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:23 pm

"Dear Mrs. ***********,
With reference to your application(s) for entry clearance please go to your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre on any working day with the exception of public holidays for the submission of your passport(s)"

The letter has stated what you should do, go to...........on any working day.........,you don't need any appointment, just follow the instructions.
If I were you I will go there with a valid tb certificate, so they don't use that to delay again.

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Rayking: thanks for your advice

I followed the advice and got a new tb certificate for my wife and went to Gerrys without an appointment. All docs submitted today :)

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:15 pm

No worries, congrats in advance!

khawaja9
Newly Registered

Post by khawaja9 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Any update waqar17

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:46 am

khawaja9 wrote:Any update waqar17
Yes, got a call to say to collect documents on Monday.

If theres no visa on there i'll kill myself lol. But im sure there will be inshallah.

khawaja9
Newly Registered

Post by khawaja9 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Waqas17 wrote:
khawaja9 wrote:Any update waqar17
Yes, got a call to say to collect documents on Monday.

If theres no visa on there i'll kill myself lol. But im sure there will be inshallah.
InshaAllah there will be visa. appeal and hearing is nightmare for sure.

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:19 am

Got the visa! So happy now. Thanks for the advice and good luck to everyone.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 am

Waqas17 wrote:Got the visa! So happy now. Thanks for the advice and good luck to everyone.
Masha'ALLAH congrats.

khawaja9
Newly Registered

Post by khawaja9 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Congrats