ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application through NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mbusman
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application through NCS

Post by mbusman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi All

I have question regarding British Citizenship application. In 2009 I went out of UK to visit my family. When I came back on 6th dec 2009 the immigration officer at the UK airport put a wrong stamp on my passport. he put 31 May 2017 date on my passport. I did not realise this until the time of my ILR. because you need to provide details of your last 5 years absences from UK. At the time of ILR, i applied it through my solicitor and i told him about this issue and he informed me that leave it like this at the moment. If they come back to us to clarify this then we will contact the air lines and get the information. But I got my ILR without any issue. Now I am preparing my application for British citizenship and i am applying through the NCS. I am told by my friends that they verify all the dates the we mention on the application. So there is a possibility that it could be an issue there. I have contacted the air line and they have provided me the copy ticket of the ticket that I used for travel. Can some please inform me will that be Ok to show at the time of NCS or should I get any other evidence to prove this.

ban.s

Re: Naturalisation Application through NCS

Post by ban.s » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:22 pm

should be fine. just use the extact travel dates. Presume you have departure stamp on your passport that corroborates that travel. 31 May 2017 is obviously a wrong entry and you can mention that in the additional information section.