ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raholptl

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by raholptl » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Can anyone please tell me what category to selected when filling online form on visa4uk website. it is for my wife's spouse visa. there are 3 options. Im married now filling form for my wife.

on the form it says select visa type

reason for visit: settlement
visa type: settlement
visa sub type: wife

is it correct?

Thanks

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:36 pm

bigumar wrote:#9421

Slaamz everyone. 
Iv been following this group for a few months now. Mashallah its been very helpfull to lots of people.

Just like to share with you all some bad news i recieved on monday. After waiting for more than 10 months wifes visa got refused. She was put on hold coz apparently we didnt meet income requirement. Cant believe this has happened to us. Soo upset. They did not accept my income. Applied as selfemployed with 2 jobs and also showed rental income. Statements did not show cash in hand money being depositted into my account for the 12 month tax return period & also few months rental income was missing from statements coz tenants left. I did explain that when i sent further evidence but looks like they didnt accept it. Thinking of appealing or might apply again. Just soo confused at the moment. Dnt knw wot to do?
I emailed them last week & they replied on sunday saying decision has been made so my wife rang gerrys on.monday and they told her passport is here. Thats how we found out it had been refused since 12th & no one bothered to even let us know. 
Does anyone know whether its a good idea to appeal and how long does it normally take? With points they have refused it on should i just apply again? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks 

My timeline : 
1-11-2013 - applied at Mirpur 
21-3-2014 - further evidence requested and sent 
22-7-2014 - wife called in for interview at islamabad 
22-9-2014 - RFC Refused!!!
my advice is reapply visa case is not strong as you didnt deposit money into bank, and appeal same time.you can Appeal and also reapply.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:37 pm

raholptl wrote:Can anyone please tell me what category to selected when filling online form on visa4uk website. it is for my wife's spouse visa. there are 3 options. Im married now filling form for my wife.

is it correct?

Thanks
yes you are right
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

Tazmaniaa

Post by Tazmaniaa » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:48 pm

zeeh wrote:

Slaamz everyone. 
Iv been following this group for a few months now. Mashallah its been very helpfull to lots of people.

Just like to share with you all some bad news i recieved on monday. After waiting for more than 10 months wifes visa got refused. She was put on hold coz apparently we didnt meet income requirement. Cant believe this has happened to us. Soo upset. They did not accept my income. Applied as selfemployed with 2 jobs and also showed rental income. Statements did not show cash in hand money being depositted into my account for the 12 month tax return period & also few months rental income was missing from statements coz tenants left. I did explain that when i sent further evidence but looks like they didnt accept it. Thinking of appealing or might apply again. Just soo confused at the moment. Dnt knw wot to do?
I emailed them last week & they replied on sunday saying decision has been made so my wife rang gerrys on.monday and they told her passport is here. Thats how we found out it had been refused since 12th & no one bothered to even let us know. 
Does anyone know whether its a good idea to appeal and how long does it normally take? With points they have refused it on should i just apply again? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks 

My timeline : 
my advice is reapply visa case is not strong as you didnt deposit money into bank, and appeal same time.you can Appeal and also reapply.
Yh if you have all ur paperwork ready for ur next app thn re apply if not then lodge an appeal n then wen ur ready thn reapply.
Thats what im doing i got refused on the 9/9/14 but my paper work is not ready kuz i was receiving cash in hand and ive spoken to my emoloye n thy r guna start dd so ive got a long wait.. So ive lodged an appeal for tym being.. Allah does everything for a reason.
1st application:applied nov 2012
Refused: Feb 2013

2nd application:applied oct 2013
Refused:sept 2014

Appeal submitted 26th sept......

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:26 pm

The Holy Qur'an again and again commands us to do so: 'Worship Him, and put your trust in Him.' (11:123); 'Say He is the All-Merciful. We believe in Him, and we put all our trust in Him.' (67:29); 'He is the Lord of the East and the West; there is no god but He; so take Him for a guardian.' (73:9). All these verses come to mean simply this -- a true Muslim should, in anything that he undertakes, rely neither on his own faculties nor on the help of a fellow creature, but should entrust himself completely to Allah, for He alone is All-Powerful, and He alone is the absolute helper.

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:59 am

fawad iftikhar wrote:
Moa7 wrote:Hello everyone, I submitted my application in Karachi on 16th September 2014, last tuesday. Emailed the uk visa people for a status update and they said that my application is waiting to be assessed by an ECO.

Does anyone know how long it is taking these days for an ECO to start working on an application?

Thanks all

Aoa I submitted my application in Karachi on 2nd September 2014. Since then i did not hear back and neither i checked for status update with them. They have mentioned on their website , you should expect to receive a decision within 12 weeks plus considering the fact that they are nowadays taking server more months in Pakistan besides this 12 weeks due to apps backlog ref to financial req case.

I will check with them after a month and we can always post status updates here. I wish u good luck with your application and InshaAllah we both hear back soon :(
Good luck to you too! :)

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:00 am

How many of you here, whether an applicant or sponsor, have received a call from ukvi at your work place?

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:28 am

Can anyone please tell when we submit form at gerry fedex office can my wife's pic be with head scarf? Or they will not accept pics with scarf?

Thanks

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:42 am

raholptl wrote:Can anyone please tell when we submit form at gerry fedex office can my wife's pic be with head scarf? Or they will not accept pics with scarf?

Thanks
Pictures in a headscarf are permitted as long as it shows her entire face, forehead included, and doesn't cast any shadows on her face whatsoever. They will have sample instruction photos there on a wall so she can fix her scarf accordingly before her picture is taken at gerry's.

For the pictures of her you will submit with the application, see the instructions here > https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

" Your photos may be rejected unless they show you:

facing forward and looking straight at the camera
with a neutral expression and your mouth closed
without anything covering the face
in clear contrast to the background
without a head covering (unless it’s worn for religious or medical reasons)
with eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses
with your eyes not covered by sunglasses, tinted glasses, glasses frames or hair
without any ‘red eye’
without any shadows in the picture"

Shaggy000

Post by Shaggy000 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:11 am

Salam ...mu hysband is appied from one job he os employee ...his salary is 1400£ and its a net income i want to know that bhc is calculating income on gross?????all tax deduction done than his salary comes up 1400£ ...

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:30 am

Slaamz everyone. 

My timeline : 
As you didn't fulfil the evidential requirements, I would reapply but still submit your appeal.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:31 am

Shaggy000 wrote:Salam ...mu hysband is appied from one job he os employee ...his salary is 1400£ and its a net income i want to know that bhc is calculating income on gross?????all tax deduction done than his salary comes up 1400£ ...
Yes bhc uses the gross salary for income calculations.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

blumango

Post by blumango » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:03 am

While waiting for ECO to decide my wife's spouse visa. I have done some quick research as the next stage when spouse visa is granted. This is what I understand:

1- spouse visa would be granted for 2.5years
2- after 2.5years visa will need to be extended for another 2.5years
3-to extend visa fill form flr (m)
4-you will need to provide all evidence again e.g meeting min income £18,600, accommodation, English test

is this correct? any links to relevant forum on guide on extending spouse visa?

I must admit I wasn't expecting this. I thought because it's merely a extension no need to provide all evidence again as in original application
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

Blitheringking

Post by Blitheringking » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi guys
my wife finally submitted her application today, now time for the painfully long wait.

Can I just ask for some opinions?

I feel we may have made a slight mistake on the Visa4Uk application online. Under the 'family details' section we gave the details of my father and mother (I'm guessing we should have given the details for her parents). We had completed the online form so we could not alter it. Stupid form could have made it a bit clearer! :(

I thought that she could ask the people at the visa application centre if she made a mistake and the best way to alter it (e.g. cross out my parents details and write her parents details next to them) .

They told her that it seems ok (but I get the feeling they don't know what they are talking about).

She has put her parents details in the personal details VAF4A form.

Basically I am asking do you think we will run into trouble because of this?

Blitheringking

Post by Blitheringking » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:01 pm

raholptl wrote:Can anyone please tell me what category to selected when filling online form on visa4uk website. it is for my wife's spouse visa. there are 3 options. Im married now filling form for my wife.

is it correct?

Thanks
That is correct mate

fizzy888
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by fizzy888 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:04 pm

hello there

i am applying for my wife spouse visa around mid/end of October2014. my question is regarding the financial requirement. i am currently self employed as a director of limited company and was employed at tesco untill 24 april 2014 for nearly 2 years, now i am on career break from tesco untill 24 april 2015 for one year and still self employed as director of company. as per guidance notes i can claim my self employment income (dividends) from last full financial year of company i.e 1 june 2013- 31 may 2014 and employment income from the same period. but the guidance notes states that

"9.3.8. Where a person in self-employment, or who is the director of a specified limited company in the UK, also relies on income from other employment (salaried or non-salaried) during the relevant financial year(s), they must also provide evidence of ongoing employment (salaried or non-salaried) at the date of application"

so my question is can i still rely on income from employment at Tesco during last full financial year even though i am currently on career break and as such Tesco is not currently source of income. if i can attach a letter from Tesco confirming that i will be back to work form 24 April 2015, will it be sufficient

i would be grateful if someone could clarify...

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:27 pm

fizzy888 wrote: so my question is can i still rely on income from employment at Tesco during last full financial year even though i am currently on career break and as such Tesco is not currently source of income. if i can attach a letter from Tesco confirming that i will be back to work form 24 April 2015, will it be sufficient

Hi Fizzy,

You can't apply based on income Tesco income as you are not getting it at the moment. For self employment you'll have to wait for end of year documents before you can apply based on self employment as you do not have any tax returns as director of this company from last year.

That's what my understanding is.

Regards,

Networkers!

fizzy888
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by fizzy888 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:19 pm

networkers wrote:
fizzy888 wrote: so my question is can i still rely on income from employment at Tesco during last full financial year even though i am currently on career break and as such Tesco is not currently source of income. if i can attach a letter from Tesco confirming that i will be back to work form 24 April 2015, will it be sufficient

Hi Fizzy,

You can't apply based on income Tesco income as you are not getting it at the moment. For self employment you'll have to wait for end of year documents before you can apply based on self employment as you do not have any tax returns as director of this company from last year.

That's what my understanding is.

Regards,

Networkers!
Many thanks networkers for your reply,

just to add i have been registered self employed since 10.05.2010 and do have mine and company tax returns, caporation tax returns, vat registration,vat returns, PAYE , NI contribution letters etc etc. for all these years. latest being the period 1 june 2013 to 31 may 2014.

i can only claim income form last full financial year (1 june 2013 to 31 may 2014) from self employment and employment which is fine. now the only question is i'm currently on career break from tesco since 24 march 2014 for one year. and self employment is still source of income.

one hypothetical question, if i was still employed at tesco, even though i will be claiming income from tesco for the period of last full financial year due to self employment, will i be required to submit payslips for last 6 months( or any other period apart from last financial year)?

wasimkhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wasimkhan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:21 pm

I applied for my wife's settlement visa last week and have received an e-mail from BHC Islamabad with the below line:-

"Although our published service standards say that we will process settlement applications within 12 weeks, we are currently not meeting our service standards in this area and your application will therefore take longer to process. We are currently processing settlement applications within approximately 36 weeks"

Does anyone know if this processing time of 36 is accurate? Will it really take that long?

Anything I can do to speed it up?

Has anyone else received this e-mail?

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:35 pm

blumango wrote:While waiting for ECO to decide my wife's spouse visa. I have done some quick research as the next stage when spouse visa is granted. This is what I understand:

4-you will need to provide all evidence again e.g meeting min income £18,600, accommodation, English test

I must admit I wasn't expecting this. I thought because it's merely a extension no need to provide all evidence again as in original application
Is this true?!? Even after 2.5 years our income should still be 18,600?!? Can anyone explain plz :?

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Everyone that got refused, have u guys received all your papers back?!?

fawad iftikhar

Post by fawad iftikhar » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:44 pm

wasimkhan wrote:I applied for my wife's settlement visa last week and have received an e-mail from BHC Islamabad with the below line:-

"Although our published service standards say that we will process settlement applications within 12 weeks, we are currently not meeting our service standards in this area and your application will therefore take longer to process. We are currently processing settlement applications within approximately 36 weeks"

Does anyone know if this processing time of 36 is accurate? Will it really take that long?

Anything I can do to speed it up?

Has anyone else received this e-mail?
I applied in the first week of sept but i did not receive this email. the only text i received the same day is that ur app has been forwarded to ukvi since then i didnt hear back.

what i think from ur email is 'recently they published on their website that pakistan settlement apps made in sept taking several more months plus their standard time of 12 weeks :( i submitted my app online on 31st Aug so i am noy sure if i am also trapped in this case :(. I guess they must be sending out this email to all applicants until the bloody visa backlog issue is resolved.
bio-metrics(Khi)- 02 Sept 14
RFC 24 dec 14 : rejected on financial grounds
Jan 8 15 : appealed (oral) inside the UK
Feb 23 15 : notice of pending appeal with ECM deadline till 6 June 2015

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:03 pm

sophia20 wrote:Everyone that got refused, have u guys received all your papers back?!?
Not all, they gave an envelope back with passport and most documents but I noticed some are missing.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

th3

Post by th3 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:07 pm

tallojani wrote:
Shaggy000 wrote:Salam ...mu hysband is appied from one job he os employee ...his salary is 1400£ and its a net income i want to know that bhc is calculating income on gross?????all tax deduction done than his salary comes up 1400£ ...
Yes bhc uses the gross salary for income calculations.
Net or Gross, whichever is more.

If they can't establish the Gross accurately, they use the Net.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

th3

Post by th3 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:10 pm

sophia20 wrote:
blumango wrote:While waiting for ECO to decide my wife's spouse visa. I have done some quick research as the next stage when spouse visa is granted. This is what I understand:

Is this true?!? Even after 2.5 years our income should still be 18,600?!? Can anyone explain plz :?
Don't tell me you didn't know this... :?

Of course, the income should be +£18.6k at the 0, 2.5 and 5 year marks and the same evidential requirement exists for each time you'll be extending the visa.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused