ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options for Dependents when I apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ravi.Gupta
Newly Registered

Options for Dependents when I apply for ILR

Post by Ravi.Gupta » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Hello,

I am on a Tier 2 ICT Visa. I plan to apply ILR by 15 December 2014.

My wife came over to UK on 26 Nov 2010 as a Tier 2 Partner. Apart from the shorts “out of UK” periods, she has been out of UK for 322 days , from 13 Jun 2012 to 30 Apr 2013, in one single stretch for maternity reason since then.

Also, mine and hence her visa, as my dependent, expired (on 02 Feb 2013) while she was out of UK (From 13 Jun 2012 to 30 Apr 2013). I applied visa extension for myself within UK, and she applied dependent visa from India afterwards. Here are all the dates and details

Dependent (Wife)’s Visa details
First Visa Type - Tier 2 Partner, Applied from India
First Visa Start Date - 16 Sep 2010
Date of first Landing in UK - 26 Nov 2010
First Visa Expiry Date - 02 Feb 2013

Second Visa Type - Tier 2 ICT long Term Staff Partner (Applied from India)
Second Visa Start Date - 20 Mar 2013
Second Visa Expiry Date - 24 Jan 2015

Dependent’s Out of UK dates
From 05 Jun 2011 to 23 Jul 2011 for 49 Days (inclusive of end date)
From 13 Jun 2012 to 30 Apr 2013 for 322 Days (inclusive of end date) for maternity reason
From 16 Apr 2014 - 17 May 2014 for 32 Days (inclusive of end date)

My Queries
Does she get eligible for ILR by 15 December 2014? If not, assuming no more “out of UK” periods when does she get eligible for ILR?

If my wife is not eligible for ILR by 15 December 2014
i) Presumably ILR dependent (SET ??) visa be applied for her ?
ii) Can I apply ILR along with me by 15 December for my baby? My baby born in India in Oct 2012, and first landed in UK on 30 Apr 2013.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Options for Dependents when I apply for ILR

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:21 am

Your wife will not qualify for ILR until sometime in 2018.

When she re entered, she came in under the news rules as her continuous leave as PBS dependent break whiles she was in India. She had to start again.

You child will be able to qualify for Further leave as a PBS dependent until she has acquired 5 years residence. Then both can apply for ILR.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ravi.Gupta
Newly Registered

Post by Ravi.Gupta » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Thanks Obie.

I believed, in general, as soon as main application gets eligible , the child also can apply for ILR along with the main applicant. Is this wrong ? or there is another rule that is causing ILR ineligibility for my child by December 15 (along with me) . Here are the child's details.

Baby born in India in Oct 2012
Child Visa Start Date 20 Mar 2013
First landed in UK on 30 Apr 2013

Would appreciate the clarifications please .

Thanks.

Ravi.Gupta
Newly Registered

Post by Ravi.Gupta » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Obie wrote:Your wife will not qualify for ILR until sometime in 2018.

When she re entered, she came in under the news rules as her continuous leave as PBS dependent break whiles she was in India. She had to start again.

You child will be able to qualify for Further leave as a PBS dependent until she has acquired 5 years residence. Then both can apply for ILR.

Thanks Obie.

I believed, in general, as soon as main application gets eligible , the child also can apply for ILR along with the main applicant. Is that nor right ? or there is another rule that is causing ILR ineligibility for my child along with me. Here are the child's details.

Baby born in India in Oct 2012
Child Visa Start Date 20 Mar 2013
First landed in UK on 30 Apr 2013

Would appreciate the clarifications please .

Thanks.

Ravi.Gupta
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility for child along with main applicant

Post by Ravi.Gupta » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:11 pm

dear experts

I'm getting eligible for ILR in December 2014 where as wife because of continuity break will get eligible later (next year sometime i think ). I'm though querying here about my child who first entered UK first on 30 Apr 2013 (Baby born in India in Oct 2012). Can i apply ILR for my child along with me in December 2014 ? whereas I believe I will be applying ILR dependent for my wife.

thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: ILR eligibility for child along with main applicant

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Child will not qualify for ILR.

Will have to do it with mother.

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 pm

Wouldnt it be more sensible to not apply for any visa for the child and then apply for citizenship for the child as soon as you've got your ILR? It'll work out cheaper as well.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Wonder how that will work smoothly, when child was not born in the UK and subject to immigration control, and can only be registered at the discretion of the Secretary of State.

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:51 pm

It seems the child will have valid leave, since s/he entered with their mother who apparently has valid leave till next year. So as soon as the father receives his settlement the child qualifies for citizenship.

I see your point of child not being born here though, so it might indeed be complicated if the child's leave is due to expire in December along with Dad, considering all my above assumptions are wrong.

Would there be any reason for "Secretary of State"/Nationality/Citizenship office to NOT grant a child, of a parent with ILR, and born outside UK with Citizenship?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:06 pm

No I don't think the child will qualify for registration after the father.

There will be no entitlement to citizenship in the case of this OP's child.

The Secretary of State will not want to exercise her discretion under section 3(1) of the act in circumstances where the child does not have settlement.

The child will not be entitled, as a matter of Entitlement within the meaning of Section 1(3), but rather as a matter of discrtion under 3(1).

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:14 pm

You heard the MAN, Ravi! :-)

Nares Korvipati
Newly Registered

Post by Nares Korvipati » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:55 pm

ravi , can i please have your contact email. i am in the same situation as you.your help will be highly appreciated.

Ravi.Gupta
Newly Registered

Form for ILR dependant, dependent not yet eligible for ILR

Post by Ravi.Gupta » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:05 am

Hello,

I have just been approved ILR after completing 5 year on Tier 2 Visa. But my dependants are not yet eligible for ILR because they joined me in April 2013.

I need to get their stay extended here Which form i should fill to apply extension for them.

Thanks for your help in advance.

vinny

Re: Form for ILR dependant, dependent not yet eligible for I

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:16 am

They may extend as PBS dependants, until they qualify for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ravi.Gupta
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility for Dependant.

Post by Ravi.Gupta » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Dear Board Member,

this is about ILR eligibility for my wife who is on PBS Dependant Leave To Remain. Below are the details.

She had initial VISA granted on 20 March 2013 (entry clearance date) as Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner ( as my dependant)
She entered UK on 30 April 2013 (41 days after entry clearance)
Her current VISA is valid till 13 March 2018.

Please can you advise when she is eligible to apply for ILR ?

Additional info.
Absences
2013 - no absences from UK after coming over,
2014 - 31 days,
2015 - 56 days,
2016 - 0, 2017 - 0, 2018 - 0

VISA dates
initially visa was granted for 20 March 2013 to 24 Jan 2015. This was extended from within UK. Leave was extended from 13 March 2015 to 13 March 2018. thus her current leave expires on 13 March 2018.

thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR eligibility for Dependant.

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:38 pm

She can apply in April 2018. She need to apply to PBS extension and then vary to ILR later when eligible
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:47 am

Zimba88, what about the recent rules changes for dependents and the date of visa issue that can be used?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am

Hi,

She can apply for ILR from today, 20/02/2018 but before her visa expires on 13/03/2018.
The date between her entry and issue date are allowed as absences and she does not have to prove the reason why.

Best of luck

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:47 am
Zimba88, what about the recent rules changes for dependents and the date of visa issue that can be used?
As far as I know the guide only was updated. The Immigration Rules part 8 paragraph 319E(d) still maintains (as before) that The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in the UK in a marriage or civil partnership

This still contradicts with the claim that time spent not living together in the UK can be included
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:44 am

zimba88 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:24 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:47 am
As far as I know the guide only was updated. The Immigration Rules part 8 paragraph 319E(d) still maintains (as before) that The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in the UK in a marriage or civil partnership

This still contradicts with the claim that time spent not living together in the UK can be included
The guidance was update on January 11,2018. Initially, PBS Dependant was not included and now they have included PBS Dependant. Page 8 will clarify it from the link.https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 6.0EXT.PDF
In the past, A Tier 2 applicant that enters the country with his dependant some weeks/months after the issue date gets to use the Issue date for ILR while the depepndant uses the entry date resulting in Dependant having to extend their visa for a few weeks or months before eligibility for ILR.
Now, Both Tier 2 and Dependant can use the issue date.
Living together in the UK does not change the fact that the gaps in the Issue date and Entry date is being considered as allowable absence.

Ravi.Gupta
Newly Registered

how to vary application to ILR ?

Post by Ravi.Gupta » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 pm

Dear Members,

My wife applied for visa extension under ICT 2 PBS dependant category on 3 Mar 2018. In April, Home Office advised us to apply as Family Route form instead. We applied new application under Family Route on 29 Apr 2018. These application(s) is/are now pending for decision with Home Office.

In the mean time , my wife has completed 5 years after first entry in UK. we, therefore, are looking to vary our existing application to ILR. Please can we have your guidance on how do we vary application to ILR.

thanks for assistance in advance

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: how to vary application to ILR ?

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:49 pm

Ravi.Gupta wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 pm
Dear Members,

My wife applied for visa extension under ICT 2 PBS dependant category on 3 Mar 2018. In April, Home Office advised us to apply as Family Route form instead. We applied new application under Family Route on 29 Apr 2018. These application(s) is/are now pending for decision with Home Office.

In the mean time , my wife has completed 5 years after first entry in UK. we, therefore, are looking to vary our existing application to ILR. Please can we have your guidance on how do we vary application to ILR.

Have you settled in the UK? If so, how and when?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue May 01, 2018 1:12 am

Ravi.Gupta wrote:
Dear Members,

She can ONLY get ILR under PBS route if you were granted ILR under PBS Tier 2 route before.
However if you settled via long residence, she cannot settle in the UK under PBS rules. She needs to switch to FLR(M) which resets her ILR clock to zero

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 01, 2018 1:53 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 01, 2018 1:59 am

Ravi.Gupta wrote:
Dear Members,

FLR(M) was bad advice.
Vary by applying for SET(O).