ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing Time after successful 10-Yrs ILR appeal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shogun75

Processing Time after successful 10-Yrs ILR appeal

Post by Shogun75 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:38 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it takes for the Home Office (HO) to reconsider their decision following a successful appeal? My appeal was heard on 24 June 2014 and my Court fees refunded by the HO on the 16 July 2014, as per the Judge Determination dated 1 July 2014 and received by the HO, my Reps and myself on the 3 July 2014.

Unfortunately, I called the HO this week (22 Sept 2014) and they said, according to their records, they still have not received the Judge's determination yet and as a result cannot proceed with reviewing my 10 yrs (ILR) application. This was a bit surprising because they refunded the fees more than 2 months ago so, surely they received the Judge's Determination.

No timescale was given and I don't really know what's going on, because the situation could last years before they find the paperwork somewhere... I've submitted the appeal in Apr 2013, originally listed for Oct 2013 but adjourned 4 times on the HO initiative, until finally heard in June 2014.

Has someone encounter such situation before? How long did it take for the fresh decision to come?

My History is as follows:

1.Legally living in the UK since Sept 2002
2.Student from Sept 2002 to Aug 2008
3.Tier 1 (PSW) from Aug 2008 to Apr 2011. Applied for Tier 1(G) in Aug 2010, initially refused because Accountant letter shows Gross Salary instead of Gross + Net salary. Corrected Accountant's letter rejected as "post-decision evidence". HO decision overturned on appeal.
4.Tier 1 (G) from Apr 2011 to Apr 2013. Applied for Tier 1(G) extension in Mar 2013, initially refused because Payslips source were considered as originating from Accountants instead of from my own Limited Company. 10-yr ILR grounds of appeal submitted. Appeal allowed in June 2014 and file remitted to HO to make fresh decision after considering CRB, stamps on passports and gaps.

Thanks in advance,

Malik44

Re: Processing Time after successful 10-Yrs ILR appeal

Post by Malik44 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:14 pm

UKBA appeal implementation unit in Leeds dealt with all successful appeal cases. write a letter to them with a copy of court decision.
If you did not heard anything from them within 14 days then contact to your Local MP and explain your situation and try to give any reason like you need to travel due to some reason 8)
Hopefully you will get positive and quick outcome after that.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:33 am

They will be in no hurry to implement your appeal.Wait for 3 months from the date you received the judges determination. then contact your mp and find out why its taking the border agency months to implement your appeal.

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Shogun75 wrote:Hello,

Does anyone know how long it takes for the Home Office (HO) to reconsider their decision following a successful appeal?
Have you tried calling AIT to check if your file has been sent to AIU?

I chased up my appeal few years ago with AIT and then with AIU, it took approximately 5 weeks to get the visa stamped from the date of appeal determination.

I called AIT to check if file was already sent to AIU or not and then sent a written request to AIU to expedite my case, it worked for me and might work for you as well.
PS. I was advised by my solicitor that whole process after the determination would take Min 4 months but it didn't had the patience to wait for that long :)

Shogun75

Post by Shogun75 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I did call the Tribunal and they confirmed that they sent determinations to all parties at the same time, i.e. 1 July 2014 in this case. However, they told me, the HO need to request a new copy if they've lost theirs which I don't believe they'll be in hurry to do.

I've also contacted my local MP he told me he'll check again in a couple of months time (i.e. probably 2 weeks from now). However, I've felt that the HO just give "generic" answer to the MP, e.g. the kind of answer the HO publish on their website.

I think I'll probably contact them with a copy of the Deermination and a letter pleading for the decision to be expedited. Does anyone know the Appeal Processing team address in Leeds? Or should I send the letter to Liverpool since it was a ILR application?

Thanks

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Shogun75 wrote:Hi

I think I'll probably contact them with a copy of the Deermination and a letter pleading for the decision to be expedited. Does anyone know the Appeal Processing team address in Leeds? Or should I send the letter to Liverpool since it was a ILR application?

Thanks
Fax your request to 01142072536, that's where I faxed my request.

I did not include any copy of determination when contacted AIU.

HSO
Newly Registered

Post by HSO » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum.Did you have any luck getting your passorts back?I had my ilr appeal allowed on 17/9/14 but still waiting for passports.Could some one please
advise the best route of action to speed up
The process?
Many thanks