ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's Spouse 2 year Visa expired abroad!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koch92

Wife's Spouse 2 year Visa expired abroad!

Post by koch92 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Hello,

One of my friends (British Citizen ( I think he was asylum visa before)) brought his wife here 4-5 years ago on typical 2 year spouse visa and she gave birth to a child here as well. However, soon the wife got depressed here and decided to go back home during the 2 year period, thus, the whole family went back and didn't come back since then to renew the visa or apply for ILR. Also they have gave birth to two other children there. Now, they're deciding to comeback here, but need advise on what to do; such as what to do about the kids who were born abroad and the wife's expired visa?

Any help and advise will be appreciate it much!
Thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Wife's Spouse 2 year Visa expired abroad!

Post by MPH80 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:37 pm

They'll need to apply for a new spouse visa for her. The requirements are now a lot tougher than they were for the 2 year visa. She'll need to meet financial requirements, accommodation requirements and english language requirements.

The situation with the children will depend on their nationalities.

Your friend should start here: https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family and come back with any specific questions.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Makes a bit of a mockery of the asylum rules if he was an asylum seeker doesn't it?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Wanderer wrote:Makes a bit of a mockery of the asylum rules if he was an asylum seeker doesn't it?
Be nice! (and it's not often I say that to you Wanderer!)

There could be a large number of explanations - including that the wife and he are from different countries in the first place. It's also entirely possible the situation changed in his home country - e.g. Iraq for example.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Wanderer wrote:Makes a bit of a mockery of the asylum rules if he was an asylum seeker doesn't it?
Just wondering if there's a law that an asylum seeker must never go back to his country? Or should his status be revoked for going back even if things have changed in his home country?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:37 pm

MPH80 wrote:
Be nice! (and it's not often I say that to you Wanderer!)

There could be a large number of explanations - including that the wife and he are from different countries in the first place. It's also entirely possible the situation changed in his home country - e.g. Iraq for example.
Apologies, had had a crappy week, lots of travel, early starts, late finishes and was in 'a mood'!!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Do you know Wanderer, you're one of the few on the forum who takes the time to apologise. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.