ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life In The UK Test Fully booked 2 months in advance?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IM314
Newly Registered

Life In The UK Test Fully booked 2 months in advance?

Post by IM314 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:59 pm

I'm trying to book my Life In The UK Test online now, but none of the 6 centres listed have any available slots for the next two months! Is this normal (has anyone else tried booking recently), or is there something wrong with their website? The little grid showing dates and times just remains greyed out and unclick-able, with no number (not even 0) appearing to show the number of available slots.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: Life In The UK Test Fully booked 2 months in advance?

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Sometimes while trying to book test then trying immediately trying to change test time/venue which is not yet confirmed/done cause the account little freezed/unclickable. Give 30 minutes, restart computer/phone and try again.

IM314
Newly Registered

Post by IM314 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:59 pm

I just phoned the help line and they confirmed that they are indeed booked up for all of Scotland for the next two months! 4 Slots became available late in November in Aberdeen (nearly 100 miles from where I live in Edinburgh) after the call, so I could book one of those. There isn't even a test centre in Edinburgh (half a million people and probably the highest concentration of Tier 2 working immigrants in Scotland), and the entire discussion with them gave the impression of a very, very, very disorganised and poorly run setup. She could also not give me a good reason why I couldn't rather drive 40 or 50 miles south to write the test in England - it was just plain and simple bureaucracy that the test centre is decided by my postcode. Not happy at all by the fact that holiday plans are now delayed because ILR application will be delayed because this silly and frankly useless test can't be written within 7 days of applying as the V&I website leads people to believe :x Oh well, at least I'll get to see lovely Aberdeen in wintertime.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:51 pm

That situation does not happen in London because of wide range of centers which even open on weekends and late evenings to meet the needs of working people. If you want to give test in November then try to keep on revision the official book because if you just sit &wait that you have preparation then it will be wrong practice because life in UK knowledge is very quickly perishable from brain.