ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shez1330

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shez1330 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
shez1330 wrote:Dear All Members,

I hope anyone can give suggestion or their thoughts. We have applied for ILR in april all timeline on Gdrive as well.
The Case is straightforward 5 year Student Visa + 1 Year IGS + 1 Post study Visa during that time applied for Tier-1, it was rejected but we have appealed and won. All applications made before time and never overstayed. we had Tier 1 extension after 3 years which is valid until Feb-2015. We have filed ILR through reputed solicitor but she was so rude on the ph and not sending confirmation on time so we have decided to pay them in full and remove their name from our file, Which we informed HO by letter and they have confirm its been done.

The Life in UK test, IELTS results and 2 passport ( old passport was lost but then found it both authorities were informed ) and English test done through Local college but certificate provided by EMD Qualification.

Looking at timeline for April and May and June almost all applicants got their files back. We are very stressed and trying to find reason what would be reason that our file is taking very long.

We have decided to speak to MP in worst scenario but still cant gather reason for delay.Any other action we can take to speed up the matter.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Shaz ,
An extract from your post

"The Life in UK test, IELTS results and 2 passport ( old passport was lost but then found it both authorities were informed ) and English test done through Local college but certificate provided by EMD Qualification."

May I asked you if you had submitted IELts then why did you submit emd qualification ? Any reason .. Was your IELts expired ?

You don't need to submit two different English test any how keep your hope high ... I think you should wait for your decision ... May be they will consider only IELts and disregarded your other test ...

I know one case who was the dependant of the settled person and applied on same day premium service ..all of their documents were perfectly fine case worker hold her decision only because of some English test which was under investigation and they told her that they will write her back however she mangaed to give another approved English test ( from trinity ) and post the ho with covering letter and she got visa with in two weeks after submitting that English test ...previous English test was also genuine but I think the awarding body was suspended or something so she gave new test ..

In your case .. Atleast you must know the outcome of application ... You or your pm can not give any justification or explanation of English test before they write you any thing

Hope it's help
Regards ,
S.Akaram
Thanks for your reply . The IELTS was expired. Our lawyer suggested to do English test although i have searched FOI and its says that they will still accept IELTS regardless expired as its still prove your English ability. But as guided by solicitor we have decided to give english test to tick the box. I now just found out that EMD was under investigation.We have done exam at local college who deal with this tests and classes.

Its looks like we just have to wait and watch now.

Thanks again.

Shez
Shez

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:32 pm

K4 wrote:
shez1330 wrote:Dear All Members,

I hope anyone can give suggestion or their thoughts. We have applied for ILR in april all timeline on Gdrive as well.
The Case is straightforward 5 year Student Visa + 1 Year IGS + 1 Post study Visa during that time applied for Tier-1, it was rejected but we have appealed and won. All applications made before time and never overstayed. we had Tier 1 extension after 3 years which is valid until Feb-2015. We have filed ILR through reputed solicitor but she was so rude on the ph and not sending confirmation on time so we have decided to pay them in full and remove their name from our file, Which we informed HO by letter and they have confirm its been done.

The Life in UK test, IELTS results and 2 passport ( old passport was lost but then found it both authorities were informed ) and English test done through Local college but certificate provided by EMD Qualification.

Looking at timeline for April and May and June almost all applicants got their files back. We are very stressed and trying to find reason what would be reason that our file is taking very long.

Hi SHEZ

Firstly i noticed you said you submitted IELTS results so why did you do another English cert. from EMD?
Secondly EMD was under investigation i think its over now so you should be getting a reply soon.
Thirdly I think your MP can help by writing HO and asking them the reason for delay and they will reply to MP.

senior members can also shed some light on the matter and correct me if I am wrong

We have decided to speak to MP in worst scenario but still cant gather reason for delay.Any other action we can take to speed up the matter.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Thanks for reply IELTS was 3 years old certificate so we have been advised by lawyer to put IELTS as well as English test certificate.

We will wait until next week and we are thinking to approach MP.

Thanks
Shez

tumbin
Newly Registered

Post by tumbin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:48 pm

[

Thanks for reply IELTS was 3 years old certificate so we have been advised by lawyer to put IELTS as well as English test certificate.

We will wait until next week and we are thinking to approach MP.

Thanks[/quote]

Hi Shez,

Your Ielts was acceptable as well but never mind they will approve all holding application, now it is just a matter of clearing the backlog hopefully you will hear good news next week the latest.

Regards

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:49 pm

dream40 wrote:Hi shajee utgent reply please an English immigration solicitor told me my wife is covered by translation arrangements so she is eligible for set m straight away once she got flrm is this possible so I choose windows service same day appointment both flrm and set m dream 40
Hi dream40,
I hope that it's all true, but hay don't we all dream about good things and wake up to want them to be true, but that doesn't change the reality. End of the day it's not about a Desi or an English Solicitor, a Solicitor is a Solicitor and what they know best is to take your money from you by always finding the best excuse, to apply all different visas for you that you don't need. I only hope that you have enough money to finance all this. I can only pray for you, and hope that you achieve what you want. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Ahmad83 wrote:Hi Everyone
I have good news to share, I got my ILR approval latter and BRP today.
I would like to say tanks to every one on this forum, special thanks to SHAH JEE & S.AKRAM :) .

My timeline is as follow
Application Sent: 10/06/2014
Application Received: 11/06/2014
Payment Taken: 13/06/2014
Bio Letter Dated: 19/06/2014
Bio Enrolment: 25/06/2014
Approval Date:22/09/2014
Docs Received:25/09/2014
BRP Received:25/09/2014

Regards
Ahmad
Hi Ahmad83,
Wow thats a very good news. Congratulations for quick response from HO, it appears things are beginning to speed up with HO am so glad for you. Hope you will enjoy your unlimited freedom.
Good luck.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Lahore374 wrote:Hi all,
I am silent reader of this forum, by the grace of Allah today I received my ILR. My timeline is following.....
Applied on 06/06/14
Acknowledgement letter 17/06/14
Biometric 23/06/14
Done on 24/06/14
Approved on 22/09/14
Received paper n card 25/09/14
6 years student, 2years PSW & 2 years EEA Family member(case was straightforward never got problem in any visa extension)
This forum is a very big support and help in such a tough time (while waiting for decision). My all best wishes and prayers are with those ppl who are expecting their ILR. Allah bless all of us.

Hello Lahore374,
A big congratulations to you on your approval. :D Happy freedom.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Guys after a long day I am happy to report I got my biometrics invite today dated 22nd Sep and went straight to the nearest PO to have my biometrics registered as well.

By the way, I did call the HO yesterday to speak with someone about this but gave up after waiting for around 5 min.

the guy
Newly Registered

Post by the guy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:44 pm

My dearest forum members,

I am pleased to inform you that my ILR application sent to HO on 17/6/2014 has been approved on 23/9/2014 and my biometric card received today 25/9/2014. I have updated my profile on the Google spreadsheet.

This forum has been of tremendous support to me, and I believe to many people, both registered members and secret or silent observers. I would therefore like to use this opportunity to thank the host organisation 'immigrationboards.com' for providing this important platform, and specially to thank the user 'boonbin' who created the forum on Sun Feb 28, 2010 at 7:23 pm. Their efforts and contributions are greatly appreciated. I will also like to thank each and every member that supported one another during this difficult journey of ILR application and processing.

Throughout the time of my membership, many people were very active and supportive in this forum. Among them all, one person stands out, that is our special brother Shahjee. On behalf of myself and I believe all the good members of this forum, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the outstanding support and sacrifice.

My many congratulations goes to all of us that have received our ILR, and my SPECIAL PRAYERS to those brothers and sisters that are still waiting or even yet to apply. It is my sincere hope that every member becomes successful both in the ILR process and beyond.

Many thanks and best regards to all.

Yours,
the guy

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:49 pm

congrats for your ILR!

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:18 am

fielddrive wrote:Guys after a long day I am happy to report I got my biometrics invite today dated 22nd Sep and went straight to the nearest PO to have my biometrics registered as well.

By the way, I did call the HO yesterday to speak with someone about this but gave up after waiting for around 5 min.

Hello Fielddrive,
Congratulations on enrolling your biometric at last. Well done!! 8)

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:23 am

the guy wrote:My dearest forum members,

I am pleased to inform you that my ILR application sent to HO on 17/6/2014 has been approved on 23/9/2014 and my biometric card received today 25/9/2014. I have updated my profile on the Google spreadsheet.

This forum has been of tremendous support to me, and I believe to many people, both registered members and secret or silent observers. I would therefore like to use this opportunity to thank the host organisation 'immigrationboards.com' for providing this important platform, and specially to thank the user 'boonbin' who created the forum on Sun Feb 28, 2010 at 7:23 pm. Their efforts and contributions are greatly appreciated. I will also like to thank each and every member that supported one another during this difficult journey of ILR application and processing.

Throughout the time of my membership, many people were very active and supportive in this forum. Among them all, one person stands out, that is our special brother Shahjee. On behalf of myself and I believe all the good members of this forum, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the outstanding support and sacrifice.

My many congratulations goes to all of us that have received our ILR, and my SPECIAL PRAYERS to those brothers and sisters that are still waiting or even yet to apply. It is my sincere hope that every member becomes successful both in the ILR process and beyond.

Yours,
the guy
Hello the guy,
Very well said. Your statement of appreciation and gratitude cannot be overemphasized. Am so happy for you. Congratulations and i wish you many success in life as you plough through your freedom in the UK.
God's speed and best of luck.

dream40

Post by dream40 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:19 am

Shajee and other senior members can you send me link or paragraph of home office where it says that previous time passed by dependent become zero and wife have to stay again five years dream 40

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Give you update on my application, just got an email from Home office for acknowledgement though still hasn't got the letter so I think they have stopped doing paper ones from this month.

Can someone please add/update me on google drive.

Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:08 pm

the guy wrote:My dearest forum members,

Yours,
the guy
Hi the guy,
Many congratulations my brother, finally freedom. Well done, and very well deserved.
I am humbled by your kind words for me. Please remember me in your prayers, and I will do the same for you. Once again many congratulations and all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:20 pm

dream40 wrote:Shajee and other senior members can you send me link or paragraph of home office where it says that previous time passed by dependent become zero and wife have to stay again five years dream 40
Hi dream40,
Looks like you are still doubtful, please refer to Appendix FM, just google that or Google Change in immigration rules to spouse of a settled person, and you will get the results. Otherwise look into this forum and you will see a lot of cases similar to that of your dependents. One thing is crystal clear from 6th April 2014 on wards any dependent applying for leave to remain through FLR(M) have to fulfil income trash hold and the clock turns to zero for them and they start qualifying time again. They will get an initial leave of 2.5 years which is extendable by another 2.5 years, and the total qualifying period is 5 years, there is no two ways about it, any body saying they can beat the rule is frankly fooling them selves. I hope some other member can also add their valuable comments on this issue to help our brother dream40 to clarify the situation, and go for a clear path rather than waste his money. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

K4

Post by K4 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:28 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
dream40 wrote:Shajee and other senior members can you send me link or paragraph of home office where it says that previous time passed by dependent become zero and wife have to stay again five years dream 40
Hi dream40,
Looks like you are still doubtful, please refer to Appendix FM, just google that or Google Change in immigration rules to spouse of a settled person, and you will get the results. Otherwise look into this forum and you will see a lot of cases similar to that of your dependents. One thing is crystal clear from 6th April 2014 on wards any dependent applying for leave to remain through FLR(M) have to fulfil income trash hold and the clock turns to zero for them and they start qualifying time again. They will get an initial leave of 2.5 years which is extendable by another 2.5 years, and the total qualifying period is 5 years, there is no two ways about it, any body saying they can beat the rule is frankly fooling them selves. I hope some other member can also add their valuable comments on this issue to help our brother dream40 to clarify the situation, and go for a clear path rather than waste his money. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

I second with Shahjee its just the solicitors discovered a new way of making money. Its always a win win situation for solicitors they will happily take your money if it goes through they will say 'I did it for you' and if it doesn't they will simply say 'sorry'.

So please do your research take it with you when you go see a solicitor

freeman0410
Newly Registered

Post by freeman0410 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Dear Brother Akaram ,
Assalamualaikum , before applied business visa I was in student visa with 20 hours work right .
Before student visa I was in PSW for 2 years and before that
I was always student since 2004

Thank you ,
Kind regards
Freeman

mustansir
Newly Registered

Post by mustansir » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:35 pm

HI dream40
follow this link if you like

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7169962 ... j_approved

This will give you a clear picture of what is going on with dependents application

Thank you

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Dear forum members, I've applied for SET(LR) this month and currently preparing for my wife's FLR(M) application which we will send out some time in mid November. Shahjee has kindly already helped me with this quite a bit. I have a situation I'm not sure what to do with it! My wife and I are both in non-salaried employments (hourly wage) and we will be able to combine our incomes and meet the financial requirement Insha'Allah. We got bank statements, payslips for 6 months and the job contracts but the question is about Employer's letter especially two of the requirements regarding the letter!

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and

(i)We will determine the gross annual salary according to home office calculation methods and that's not a problem but our employers are not gonna bother calculating gross annual salary according to HO and put it in the letter! Best we can ask our employers to do is to mention the exact gross amount we have been paid over the last 6 months period that we are sending evidence of. So how do we solve this gross annual salary problem in the employers' letters?

(ii)Similarly for the second point, the best we can ask the employer to mention as previously stated that we have been paid this amount over past 6 months, since out jobs are hourly paid I don't think they are gonna do this all sorts of HO calculations and say exactly what HO want in point (iii)! any suggestions on these two issues guys?

Lastly if anyone has successfully used employer's letter like this for FLR(M) application regarding non-salaried jobs (or salaried if nobody has any non-salaried) then can I please seek your help to use that as template so that we can get the letters we need from our employers? Sorry about very long post...thanks for all your help in advance:)

truman
Newly Registered

Post by truman » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:22 pm

Hello
I came in UK 30-09-04
My current leave is due to expire on 01-11-14
Throughout my stay I was on student visa
In 2009 I applied one of my extension late which was 87 days
I have provided UKBA medical letter from a homoeopathic doctor, on the basis of this they gave me extension
After that time to date I got medical history of same problem with my GP
I obtained SAR which says "out of time"
Please advise me what are the chances for ILR, Also do they allow appeals?
Please let me know if need more information
Thanks

AKU
Newly Registered

Post by AKU » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Dear All
By the grace of God my husband received his biometric today. We are so excited, can't explain the feeling. It has been a long road & most thankful to God.
Thanks to everyone for the contributions, advice, encouragement and for a place to come to.
I want to especially thank Shahgee, S.Akaram, Sheraz7, and Bigboy 86 for their support during the shaky SAR report.
Can somebody kindly update the Google drive for me please?
Timeline
Application sent: 29th May 2014
Acknowledgement : 2nd June 2014
Biometric Enrolled: 20th June 2014
Biometric Received: 26th September 2014

All the best to everyone who is waiting.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:44 pm

AKU wrote:Dear All
By the grace of God my husband received his biometric today. We are so excited, can't explain the feeling. It has been a long road & most thankful to God.
Thanks to everyone for the contributions, advice, encouragement and for a place to come to.
I want to especially thank Shahgee, S.Akaram, Sheraz7, and Bigboy 86 for their support during the shaky SAR report.
Can somebody kindly update the Google drive for me please?
Timeline
Application sent: 29th May 2014
Acknowledgement : 2nd June 2014
Biometric Enrolled: 20th June 2014
Biometric Received: 26th September 2014

All the best to everyone who is waiting.
HI AKU ,

My Heartiest congratulation :P :P
What a fabulous victory :) ...i don't exactly remember your husband case ..i think it was about not excercised a right to appeal and applied fresh application with in 28 working days ....( sorry very lazy to flick back the pages but i think your case we recently discussed over here ) btw what ever :lol: its party time ..Enjoy every bit of celebration ....
Thanks for remembring us ....
Thanks for sharing this good news with the member of forum , :P
your case will help lot of our registerd , silent member :)

Regards,
S.Akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:13 pm

truman wrote:Hello
I came in UK 30-09-04
My current leave is due to expire on 01-11-14
Throughout my stay I was on student visa
In 2009 I applied one of my extension late which was 87 days
I have provided UKBA medical letter from a homoeopathic doctor, on the basis of this they gave me extension
After that time to date I got medical history of same problem with my GP
I obtained SAR which says "out of time"
Please advise me what are the chances for ILR, Also do they allow appeals?
Please let me know if need more information
Thanks
HI Trueman
Welcome to this forum ,

Celebration :D means your 10th Anniversary on 30th Sep 2014
Well according to your post you said you were 87 days late means you submitted an application after expiring of your visa in 2009 along with the doctor note and they accepted it that time and granted you a visa then why not on SET(LR) then ? there is no reason they will not accept it at the time of settlement ... Don't worry according to the guidance they shared in the link below your this 87 days will be disregarded ..you will cover under EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES which were out of your control ...However i am telling you this now ...the outcome of your SET(LR) may take bit longer because they will look into the medical reason ..Don't worry about SAR reoprt but you can justify your this 87 days overstay with the medical reason but what was your medical condition at that time i don't know so my advice to you write a detailed covering letter to explain them every bit of your illness during that time

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5.0EXT.pdf

This is an extract from the information on page 7 of 13

If you are refusing an application because of overstaying
You must consider any exceptional circumstances that stopped the applicant applying within
the 28 days. The ‘exceptional circumstances’ threshold is high, but can include:
 The migrant or their representative could not submit an application on time because of:
o serious illness (supported by the appropriate medical documentation)
o travel or postal delays. Or
 They are not able to provide the necessary documents because of exceptional or
unavoidable circumstances beyond the applicant’s control. For example:
o The Home Office has lost or delayed returning travel documents.
o The applicant is having problems replacing lost documents as a result of theft, fire or
flood. They must provide evidence to show the date of loss and the date they
requested replacement documents.
If you decide to use discretion it must be authorised by a senior caseworker, at senior
executive officer (SEO) grade or above. In these circumstances you must grant leave under
the rules, with the same duration and conditions as a normal grant of leave under the rules
attached to it. The decision letter must be clear that leave is being granted because the
migrant met all other requirements of the route and you have accepted there were
exceptional circumstances which prevented the applicant from applying within the 28 day

I don't know the rest of your 10 years immigration history :D so can not say what will be the likely out come of your application but yes :P the point which you raised and you are worrying about i can tell you that this should be disregarded provided other conditions are met ...

Key point for your SET(LR) if you haven't submitted yet :-
Write a covering letter and explain them in detail why were you over stay 87 days with all the medical reports and time line .
Hopefully there are no chance that your case will refuse for that reason and let suppose if there is 0.0001% chances that your app will refused surely they will give Right to appeal you have spend a decade its not a joke :x

If you are confident to apply your self that would be nice but here i will suggest you to seek a professional lawyer/solicitor advice just to have a look on your medical reason probably the medical conditions which you had are not under consideration or some thing but here i am sure they should accept your medical reason because they granted you visa on that reason in 2009 so why not this time ....

Any other member not agree with please kindly correct me and put turman in right direction :)

All the best
cheer up mate :D
Feel free to ask any thing
hope its help

Regards
S.Akaram

saeedafridi123
Newly Registered

Post by saeedafridi123 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi can anyone update my record on google drive
10 years long residence.
Application sent on 4-09-2014
Application received on 5-09-2014
Payment taken on 9-09-2014
acknowledgement letter 10-09-2014

4 years students + 2 years psw +4 years tier1

junaid1621
Newly Registered

Post by junaid1621 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:26 am

Hello applied for ILR 10 year
Posted application on 18 September 2014
Checked on royal mail web site they received it
but today 26 September 2014 no payment has been taken , just bit worried is something wrong with payment or it is just normal
:( :( :( :(