ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Blaxe
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Blaxe » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:27 pm

seanp wrote:Great news!!!! My BRP arrived today. Applied July 7 Arrived sep 16. Issued sep 12. I pray for those waiting, they will received their good news too. Am over the moon....it's GOD
Congrats!!! Enjoy

laseye
Newly Registered

Post by laseye » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:18 pm

hello people,
After 3 months i submitted my application and also requested for more documents which i sent what i could get(less than 2 years of cohabit) as i do not have up to 2 years now THE HOME OFFICE ARE ASKING ME FOR A DNA TEST FOR MYSELF AND MY BRITISH CHILD.

what does this mean? i am really scared now honestly

does anyone know any ukba approved lab that does it cheaper than 500 pounds as thats alot for someone not working and i have to submit it in less than 2 weeks.

is this sure that they will approve even after i gave them birth certificate ?

i need advice pls on this asap am agitated.

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:00 am

It will be 8 weeks tomorrow since the HO letter of confirmation. How much longer do you think we will be waiting? :?: :cry:
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:28 pm

flozo64 wrote:It will be 8 weeks tomorrow since the HO letter of confirmation. How much longer do you think we will be waiting? :?: :cry:

Some of us waited for 2 years so 8 weeks is nothing am afraid. You just have to sit tight till at least after 6 months as apparently they seem to be dealing with new applications quicker.

bushraahmed
Newly Registered

Post by bushraahmed » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:01 pm

I originally applied flrm form when i got married in june 2012 to my british wife. Came back as a refusal on march 2013. I have now applied with form flr-fp with all relvant docs and we both now have a son. Immigation officers also came to our home oneday and wanted to see whether our family life was genuine. I report to the police station once a month and have been doig so the last 2 years.What category do we fall under and what are the chances of me getting leave to remain.my wife is currently claiming benefits.we are all settled in the uk.

I entered the uk legally 10 years ago. Work permit expired and i overstayed.

Applied and sent:16th sept 2014
Payment taken by cheque: 24th sept 2014

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:35 am

laseye wrote:hello people,
After 3 months i submitted my application and also requested for more documents which i sent what i could get(less than 2 years of cohabit) as i do not have up to 2 years now THE HOME OFFICE ARE ASKING ME FOR A DNA TEST FOR MYSELF AND MY BRITISH CHILD.

does anyone know any ukba approved lab that does it cheaper than 500 pounds as thats alot for someone not working and i have to submit it in less than 2 weeks.

This is a good sign that once the DNA is done, then you are on the edge for a "very hopeful" positive decision. Last year a member of this forum was once asked to prove his mother was his and he had to carry out the test and I believe afterwards he was granted. Not sure on how much it is cost as it seem that the cheapest way is on Jeremy Kyle these days. Bloody home office with ridiculous request.

As expensive as it might seem you can Google to shop around for cheaper options as there are quite a few. Time is of the essence for you I believe and the quickest is perhaps 3-4 days turn around. The one recommended by the last person on here to do it was DDC (DNA Diagnostic Centre). so check them out.

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:10 am

rina wrote:
flozo64 wrote:It will be 8 weeks tomorrow since the HO letter of confirmation. How much longer do you think we will be waiting? :?: :cry:

Some of us waited for 2 years so 8 weeks is nothing am afraid. You just have to sit tight till at least after 6 months as apparently they seem to be dealing with new applications quicker.
We have already been on our immigration ride for over two years, in which time we have struggled immensely and my husband has had no legal stay. I am looking for the timeline of those who applied recently with a spouse and British child, like me. I know of a least 3 people on Facebook who were granted this visa recently.
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

StraightAero
Newly Registered

Post by StraightAero » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:45 am

dapsonlee wrote:

This is a good sign that once the DNA is done, then you are on the edge for a "very hopeful" positive decision. Last year a member of this forum was once asked to prove his mother was his and he had to carry out the test and I believe afterwards he was granted. Not sure on how much it is cost as it seem that the cheapest way is on Jeremy Kyle these days. Bloody home office with ridiculous request.

As expensive as it might seem you can Google to shop around for cheaper options as there are quite a few. Time is of the essence for you I believe and the quickest is perhaps 3-4 days turn around. The one recommended by the last person on here to do it was DDC (DNA Diagnostic Centre). so check them out.
Hi, All.. First time poster.. I too just received this letter 2 days ago. I replied yesterday with a letter of my own stating I could not supply DNA or GB passports originals of child and mother, as we are in ongoing court battles for family issues. I explained that the mother has refused to give me these and the judge is unwilling to help, as they already granter Parental Responsibility by determining DNA wasn't needed, as Mother and I both attested that I am parent.

I wish I could get her to be reasonable and just send the passports and I would pay for the DNA test, because I too agree with the above poster that it seemed like a good sign. But, but I have had to complicate things by writing back to the HO and telling them I cannot comply because the mother is unwilling.

Has anyone seem any similar cases where the estranged ex-partner/mother of child refuses to supply documents? My letter quoted, "Without a good reason, failing to provide this is ground for failure... blah blah... But, if these can't be decided, then my application would be considered on the documents already provided. Blah". This worried me, because it seems that if he could approve my application without these passports and DNA, then why ask. Will my reason explaining refusal of mother and reluctance of family court be enough or is there the chance that it will then be refused for non-compliance, even though I am more than happy to comply? Hmm...

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:14 pm

Good day forum family!! Hope i find you in good health.Just a quick note to post something i came across the other day.
I think it will be helpful to those representing themselves and finding it difficult to find caselaw relating to their circumstance. Hope this helps.

http://www.refworld.org/type,CASELAW,GB ... R,,,0.html

If you navigate through the link , i'm sure you'll find caselaw that might be helpful.

Stay blessed.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:38 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

I am afraid, Immigration/ Legal DNA don't come cheap. Below are some URL from government approved test centres as the HO can challenge the result if its not from government/ judicial approved centres. All the best!

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pater ... rnity-test

http://www.easydna.co.uk/immigration-dna-testing/

http://www.dna-worldwide.com/paternity- ... ion-tests/

http://www.angliadna.co.uk/Immigration-DNA-Testing
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:54 pm

nilemarques wrote:Good day forum family!! Hope i find you in good health.Just a quick note to post something i came across the other day.
I think it will be helpful to those representing themselves and finding it difficult to find caselaw relating to their circumstance. Hope this helps.

If you navigate through the link , i'm sure you'll find caselaw that might be helpful.

Stay blessed.
Mucho gracias nilemarques. This could not have come any sooner. God bless you extensively. Amen.

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi,

I applied in July for a fee waiver.

Normally, they should decide within a month. I had not heard anything so sent a pre action protocol letter. I received a response within a week.

I am now emailing them regularly and the process is going sooo much more quickly.
Dear ,

We have received notification that you wish to correspond via email...Thank you for your application to waive the fee of your FLR (FP) application. We require further evidence to consider your case.

-Breakdown of monthly expenditure
-6 months annotated bank statements for all bank accounts
-Evidence of all public funds claimed
-Support from your child’s father
-Income from Employment

Please also provide any further information or evidence you have that you feel may assist the assessment including any financial, accommodation or other issues that may be occurring due to your current circumstances.

If not, please let me know as the envelope contained a green address label that is essential to ensure this post is directed to us swiftly. I will then send you another green label in order to provide all the information requested.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:42 pm

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="nilemarques"]Good day forum family!! Hope i find you in good health.Just a quick note to post something i came across the other day.

Stay blessed.[/quote]

Mucho gracias nilemarques. This could not have come any sooner. God bless you extensively. Amen.[/quote]

No probs bro!! Sincerely hope you can find something there! Stay blessed.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:46 pm

[quote="appealalready"]Hi,

I applied in July for a fee waiver.

Normally, they should decide within a month. I had not heard anything so sent a pre action protocol letter. I received a response within a week.

I am now emailing them regularly and the process is going sooo much more quickly.

[quote]Dear ,

We have received notification that you wish to correspond via email...Thank you for your application to waive the fee of your FLR (FP) application. We require further evidence to consider your case.

-Breakdown of monthly expenditure
-6 months annotated bank statements for all bank accounts
-Evidence of all public funds claimed
-Support from your child’s father
-Income from Employment

Please also provide any further information or evidence you have that you feel may assist the assessment including any financial, accommodation or other issues that may be occurring due to your current circumstances.

If not, please let me know as the envelope contained a green address label that is essential to ensure this post is directed to us swiftly. I will then send you another green label in order to provide all the information requested.[/quote][/quote]

@Appealalready. Good to hear things seem to be going swimmingly if i may say so!! Lol! I think Melisly will benefit from your post. Good luck.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Has anyone received FLR (FP) leave successfully after the partner had received ILR on SET (LR)?
N/A

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello everyone, its been a while, its nice to see some new and old faces(literally). I am so happy for all the goodnews i read everyday on this site,God is indeed faithful.. I wanted to ask a quick question if anyone can help, a friend of mine wants to renew and she has a simple caution, is this an automatic refusal for her? I just want to tell her the truth but am not sure, any imput would help guys, thanks...

izhar
Newly Registered

Post by izhar » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:00 am

i m so disoppointed that anybody didnt reply about my post . any way can any body tell me what r my chances? i put my flr fp 10 year route as partner.. i attached my documents . wedding pics about 30 or 40 ., form . letters from friend, , letter of wife. marriage certificate,proof of address of us. my passport, wifs passport . passport size pics .thats it . what chancesdo u see?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:09 am

[quote="evie233"]Hello everyone, its been a while, its nice to see some new and old faces(literally). I am so happy for all the goodnews i read everyday on this site,God is indeed faithful.. I wanted to ask a quick question if anyone can help, a friend of mine wants to renew and she has a simple caution, is this an automatic refusal for her? I just want to tell her the truth but am not sure, any imput would help guys, thanks...[/quote]

Hi Evie233. Don't know if this will be of assistance.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... echr-cases

Stay blessed

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:15 am

nilemarques wrote:
evie233 wrote:Hello everyone, its been a while, its nice to see some new and old faces(literally). I am so happy for all the goodnews i read everyday on this site,God is indeed faithful.. I wanted to ask a quick question if anyone can help, a friend of mine wants to renew and she has a simple caution, is this an automatic refusal for her? I just want to tell her the truth but am not sure, any imput would help guys, thanks...
Hi Evie233. Don't know if this will be of assistance.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... echr-cases

Stay blessed
Thanks dear, thank God she wasn't charged to court, she just got a simple caution so i think she will be fine...thanks for your help dear..

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:20 am

izhar wrote:i m so disoppointed that anybody didnt reply about my post . any way can any body tell me what r my chances? i put my flr fp 10 year route as partner.. i attached my documents . wedding pics about 30 or 40 ., form . letters from friend, , letter of wife. marriage certificate,proof of address of us. my passport, wifs passport . passport size pics .thats it . what chancesdo u see?
Your case seems fine, did you supply up to two years proof of cohabitation with your wife? Because that could be an issue if it wasn't included. So dont worry...you will get good news very soon dear..

cindrila
Newly Registered

Post by cindrila » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi good people, please help, does the FLR(FP) has financial requirement? My partner is British, we have a daughter who is 2 years old and in nursery now. We were living in Spain before i applied EEA2 and got refused coz i didnt submit my partner work contract in Spain before he returned to uk, but he is in uk now, and there is no point to submit the contract now, HO suggest that if i still want to remain in uk i need submit another FLR application.So i am going to submit FLR(FP). But my partner is not working yet, and he is claim benefits. Is there any chance for me if i apply FLR(FP) ?

StraightAero
Newly Registered

Post by StraightAero » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:52 pm

StraightAero wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Hi, All.. First time poster.. I too just received this letter 2 days ago. I replied yesterday with a letter of my own stating I could not supply DNA or GB passports originals of child and mother, as we are in ongoing court battles for family issues. I explained that the mother has refused to give me these and the judge is unwilling to help, as they already granter Parental Responsibility by determining DNA wasn't needed, as Mother and I both attested that I am parent.

I wish I could get her to be reasonable and just send the passports and I would pay for the DNA test, because I too agree with the above poster that it seemed like a good sign. But, but I have had to complicate things by writing back to the HO and telling them I cannot comply because the mother is unwilling.

Has anyone seem any similar cases where the estranged ex-partner/mother of child refuses to supply documents? My letter quoted, "Without a good reason, failing to provide this is ground for failure... blah blah... But, if these can't be decided, then my application would be considered on the documents already provided. Blah". This worried me, because it seems that if he could approve my application without these passports and DNA, then why ask. Will my reason explaining refusal of mother and reluctance of family court be enough or is there the chance that it will then be refused for non-compliance, even though I am more than happy to comply? Hmm...

Excellent news, my friends! I just got the letter and my passport back with 30mo ltr confirmed! I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to provide the requested DNA paternity test and I could not send original copies of my child or her mothers Birtish passports due to breakdown of amicable relations with my ex-partner (child's mother). They wrote me that on 23Sep, I wrote back the same day and explained that I couldn't give it to them, but offered to help any way I could - interviews, court orders, etc. I sent that next day by 9am delivery on 23Sep. The guy case office in Sheffield must have got it the next day, and approved it. Because it was delivered to us on Saturday!

Feeling very happy about this!! Best wishes to all of those still waiting!

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:30 pm

excellent news my friends! I just got the letter and my passport back with 30mo ltr confirmed! I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to provide the requested DNA paternity test and I could not send original copies of my child or her mothers Birtish passports due to breakdown of amicable relations with my ex-partner (child's mother). They wrote me that on 23Sep, I wrote back the same day and explained that I couldn't give it to them, but offered to help any way I could - interviews, court orders, etc. I sent that next day by 9am delivery on 23Sep. The guy case office in Sheffield must have got it the next day, and approved it. Because it was delivered to us on Saturday!

Feeling very happy about this!! Best wishes to all of those still waiting!

Congratulations!! Keep the rest of us in your prayers :wink:
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

StraightAero
Newly Registered

Post by StraightAero » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks, man. It was a relief. My wife & I were away for the weekend on personal business. They sent it special delivery RM and left it with my neighbour. We were getting ready to go to Sainsbury's after we return home, and trhe neighbour put it through our door while I was standing there. I took it we opened it together.

Never had I thought they would handle my letter contesting their request so quickly and so agreeably. Just approving LTR and no other correspondence.

cindrila
Newly Registered

Post by cindrila » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:39 pm

cindrila wrote:Hi good people, please help, does the FLR(FP) has financial requirement? My partner is British, we have a daughter who is 2 years old and in nursery now. We were living in Spain before i applied EEA2 and got refused coz i didnt submit my partner work contract in Spain before he returned to uk, but he is in uk now, and there is no point to submit the contract now, HO suggest that if i still want to remain in uk i need submit another FLR application.So i am going to submit FLR(FP). But my partner is not working yet, and he is claim benefits. Is there any chance for me if i apply FLR(FP) ?
Could any one give me some advice pls? Thank you :(