ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa/carers allowance advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nicolear
Newly Registered

visa/carers allowance advice

Post by Nicolear » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:38 am

I am wanting my husband from Jamaica to join me in England. Just looking for a bit of advice as keep reading different thing

I currently claim carers allowance for our some and he also receives DLA. My main question is will my other benefits be allowed to be included for adequate maintaice. I currently receive around (can't give exact amounts unless I log ontop bank)

Worked out weekly

£61 carers allowance
£35 income support
£202 child tax credit
£33 child benefit
£470 housing benefit

£325 monthly DLA for our son

So adequate maintaice would be for me, my husband and our two sons age 3 and 2

Just really confused as to which benefits can be included

Thanks xx

Nicolear
Newly Registered

Re: visa/carers allowance advice

Post by Nicolear » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Anyone ?

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:25 am

Hey i'm not that experienced so hopefully an expert can help you. But i'll try and tell you what i know, as my wifeapplied as a carer and should be picking up her passport with visa today (we got rejected but then got sent a call in letter.

So adequate maintenance basically means the level of income support you'd normally ALL get. So you, partner and 2 kids. For you and your partner thats ~ £113 (im not sure what you add for kids, im sure someone else can help). Basically you need to earn more than this amount after deducting your accomodation costs.

You can definitely use Carers Allowance, Child Tax credit and Child Bnefit towards your weekly income. Not sure about the rest.

Please read this https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... enance.pdf Theres some examples in there with benefits.

Also please double check everything before relying on my info!

Good luck

Nicolear
Newly Registered

Post by Nicolear » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:28 am

Waqas17 wrote:Hey i'm not that experienced so hopefully an expert can help you. But i'll try and tell you what i know, as my wifeapplied as a carer and should be picking up her passport with visa today (we got rejected but then got sent a call in letter.

So adequate maintenance basically means the level of income support you'd normally ALL get. So you, partner and 2 kids. For you and your partner thats ~ £113 (im not sure what you add for kids, im sure someone else can help). Basically you need to earn more than this amount after deducting your accomodation costs.

You can definitely use Carers Allowance, Child Tax credit and Child Bnefit towards your weekly income. Not sure about the rest.

Please read this https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... enance.pdf Theres some examples in there with benefits.

Also please double check everything before relying on my info!

Good luck
Thank you so much for your reply. What was the reason for them rejecting?

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:58 am

Well they completely missed out my cash savings. Completely. Not even a reference to it! Ridiculous isnt it.

Got the passport back today with the visa stamped. Really happy hope your visa gets sorted soon.

Nicolear
Newly Registered

Post by Nicolear » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:27 am

[quote="Waqas17"]Well they completely missed out my cash savings. Completely. Not even a reference to it! Ridiculous isnt it.

Got the passport back today with the visa stamped. Really happy hope your visa gets sorted soon.[/quote

Oh no! How ridiculous. Am I allowed to use just benefits ?

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:18 am

Yeah you can use just benefits that you receive as long as it is higher than the income support level (i.e adequate maintenance = income support you, partner and kids would get) minus accommodation costs.

But you first need to calculate adequate maintenance for you. Im afraid i don't know the income support rates and premiums you would get as a family. If you read the link i sent there are some examples.

I used carers benefit and cash savings (which don't have to be over £16k)

shaz_wahab
Newly Registered

Post by shaz_wahab » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Waqas17 wrote:Well they completely missed out my cash savings. Completely. Not even a reference to it! Ridiculous isnt it.

Got the passport back today with the visa stamped. Really happy hope your visa gets sorted soon.

Hi congrats on your visa

I was just wondering when you applied for your visa and how long did it take you for your reply??

I applied at the end of August and I know solicitors say I need to wait upto 6months..