ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family member visa questions!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Minhr

EEA family member visa questions!

Post by Minhr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Hello everyone,

I've read lot of information and emailed with British visa authorities but still not sure that get all information. So asking for your help.

I'm Belarusian national married to Lithuanian and having Lithuanian residency permit. We are living in Lithuania, but I spend a lot of time in Belarus as well, because I have business in my native country. Also my wife has a child from first marriage (Lithuanian citizen).

At present moment my wife doesn't have a job. And we are thinking about 2 options moving to England:
1. She will go first, find a job and I'll come to her and will look for a job;
2. We will go together, as job-seekers.

Here are the questions:

1. If we go together we don't have any status (employed, job-seeker etc) in England at present time, is it ok? As I read people provided their CV's and references to visa centers to show that they have qualification and can find job. Or better if my spouse will come before me? If she has to go first, how much time she should spend in England before I can apply or it doesn't matter (there was information about some 3 month period in forums, but there is nothing about this 3 months in any other place)?
2. Should we provide proof of address? We are planning to stay at friends for first time, before we find anything. There is no such info in document's list, but there is a question in Application Form, even the number of rooms!
3. Are the any financial requirements for us: salary, amount on bank account, etc?
3. When we go to UK, can my wife leave it for, e.g. 2 days to go to Lithuania and take child (we would like to take her few month later, after all school questions will be closed), and I'll stay for this days in England, or should I leave UK together with my wife for that period?

Thanks in advance

nosaagho
Newly Registered

Re: EEA family member visa questions!

Post by nosaagho » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello are you in lithuania now? Because i am in lithuania, maybe you can give me your contact phone number,thats if you are in lithuania, .

nosaagho
Newly Registered

Post by nosaagho » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:38 pm

When i applied for my eea family permit, me and my wife had no job in lithuania..

Minhr

Post by Minhr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:59 pm

nosaagho wrote:When i applied for my eea family permit, me and my wife had no job in lithuania..
Hello. Unfortunately no, left today. But I'll be back on Friday. Will you still be there? Will be very pleased to ask you some questions :)

nosaagho
Newly Registered

Post by nosaagho » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Yes. I will be.. you can give me your phone contact by mail.. matro24life@gmail.com