ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Passport + return of documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xeel

Applying for Passport + return of documents

Post by xeel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi all,

My wife has her ceremony on 8th of October and I am thinking of applying her passport the same day. However, we have an essential travel planned for end of November. I am just confused if I should take the risk of sending her passport or not? the current timelines seem to be pretty good however, my question is, is there a way I can cancel my passport application and get my documents returned during the process? This is in case if the application gets delayed as I cannot miss this travel (the travel is for my wife's brother's wedding and you know the risk involved - it could be the end of me if she isn't able to attend :)

Any advice will be much appreciated..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Passport + return of documents

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:59 pm

If you don't want to take the risk, she can apply for her passport when she gets back from the wedding.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xeel

Post by xeel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:41 pm

CR001 wrote:If you don't want to take the risk, she can apply for her passport when she gets back from the wedding.
Thanks CR001, its just you know lack of patience - having waited for so long and then waiting for another couple of months. On a serious note, from what I know her ILR becomes invalid once she gets the citizenship. Can she gain entry at the airport showing her Citizenship certificate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:37 am

No, she cannot use her naturalisation certificate as it is not a travel document. She can enter the UK using her foreign passport and ILR BRP even if she is still waiting for her British passport.

Many people have done this, my daughter included and not had a problem.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.