ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form - Brent NCS declining to accept Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kans75

MN1 form - Brent NCS declining to accept Referees

Post by kans75 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi
I called brent NCS to register my 5 year old daughter as a british citizen.The refeeres given were
a.friend who has british passport
b.my non-british friend who is also a company director and knows my daughter from birth

They told that 2nd referee-company director is not a valid professional. As we changed her school, the new teacher and doctor refused to sign.

Is their advice correct?can any1 share their experiences with brent ncs and is HO strict for child with respect to referees?

Regds
kans

avtarjain1980

Re: MN1 form - Brent NCS declining to accept Referees

Post by avtarjain1980 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:37 pm

We also moved quite far from where my Son was born
Luckily My wife had phone number of Home Visitor Nurse and Texted here about situation

Home visitor was very nice and accepted our request

We couriered our documents (with PrePaid envelop) to our previous NHS. Home visitor signed the Form (For her peace of mind, form was duly filled including 2nd reference).

and all went well afterwards
cheers
AVTAR

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:26 am

kans75 wrote:Hi
I called brent NCS to register my 5 year old daughter as a british citizen.The refeeres given were
a.friend who has british passport
b.my non-british friend who is also a company director and knows my daughter from birth

They told that 2nd referee-company director is not a valid professional. As we changed her school, the new teacher and doctor refused to sign.

Is their advice correct?can any1 share their experiences with brent ncs and is HO strict for child with respect to referees?

Regds
kans
I applied this month via NCS and used ltd company director as referee because it is on the list. Had no problem. It is still on the list so I would speak to NCS again and show them the list.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... xa__1_.pdf

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:39 am

I think your references will be fine. Worst case scenario (which is quite unlikely for a 5 year old child) they will ask you to provide another reference. Your application in unlikely to be rejected due these references.
Also NCS don't really refuse to accept the application, they can advise you about the problem but if you just ask them to send it anyway at your own risk then they normally just do that.
You can always send it by post.

kans75

Post by kans75 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi All

Thanks for all your response.

I am planning to call them tomorrow and see when I can get my appointment. As the person on the phone insisted
that only professionals listed on MN1 form can
sign and they need to know the child personally,I
was surprised by the limited professionals listed.

Not sure if NCS is convinced by the accepted
professionals
link,but have something to show them.

Regds
Kans