ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character Requiremets

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fahimmirza
Newly Registered

Good Character Requiremets

Post by fahimmirza » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:21 am

One of my friend was given a fixed Penalty by the police for shoplifting of £22 which she paid straight away. For the obtaining the Nationality purposes, the guidance notes say that the fixed penalty notices do not count unless they are repeated. However on the application form they describe fixed penalty notices in brackets as (Speeding, parking offences). Can my friend be refused nationality for the reason mentioned above? If the above counts as criminal act, how long it takes to be treated as spent by the Home Office? I have reads the thread on this topic but there are conflicting views. Some say to declare and some say “Not Necessary”. WE are confused. Could someone please once again calcify such matter?