ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder singh under student route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

logical_1

Surinder singh under student route

Post by logical_1 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:49 am

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if it is possible to apply for an EEA family permit and EEA2 in the following case:
1.BC and non eu citizen have been living in Italy for about last 6 and half months.
2.BC exercised treaty rights as a student enrolled in a language school where he was studying Italian part time for about 3 hours a week.
3.Both BC and non EU citizen had health insurance.
4.NON EU citizen holds Italian residence card issued under EU directive.
5.Documents to prove residence in Italy include: Rental contract for a room, enrollment letter from the language institute, police registration etc.

I understand that under C-456/12 the EU citizen can exercise treaty rights in any category but not quite sure whether the application for a Family permit would succeed at the moment since the UK hasn't ammended the regulations as of yet.
So would it be wise to wait until the ammendments have been made or to apply for a family permit regardless.
Any thoughts/suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Regards.
Did u sell your soul for a mere stack?

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: Surinder singh under student route

Post by rosebead » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:38 pm

No one has tried SS yet as a student, even though technically you are eligible for a right of residence in the UK because of Case C-456/12. You are likely to be rejected though, although you can fight this in court if you've got the stomach for it. You will more than likely eventually win but the appeal process could take 1.5-2 years in the worst case scenario. It's disgusting that you'd be legally in the right and yet have to suffer the consequences of the Home Office's illegal actions.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:50 pm

I agree with you in entirety save for the time scale for an appeal.

I believe an appeal may not take as much as 2 year.

I will say about 8-10 months for places like London where there is a huge back logs.

Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow are been listed within 3 months of the filing of the notice.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:21 am

Obie perhaps rosebead was meaning to say in the event the appeal should not succeed at the first tier, then applying for permission and waiting waiting time at the UTT, 1.5 year would be a reasonable prospect in that instance.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:54 am

Yes i accept things are bad, but i am not sure, even taking into account the extreme scenario you mentioned, that a person may have to wait that long.

I usually associate that time frame with a CJEU reference.

But things might have deteriorated to that level by the time a decision is taken on OP's case, that is if she were to apply, and a negative decision is then appealed
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

logical_1

Post by logical_1 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:26 am

Thanks for your reply.
A friend of mine had his FP approved under student category recently even though it was refused initially.So i guess it's possible to succeed under C-456/12.
I was wondering what documents would be required if someone wanted to apply under self-sufficient category?
Also:
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t ... er_eu-law/

I believe Netherlands is also applying the law correctly and has extended the regulations to cover inactive persons under SS.
If these two countries are applying the EU law correctly then I'm sure UK must have to or will have to eventually.
Did u sell your soul for a mere stack?