ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

few urgent questions please help...

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

busya13

few urgent questions please help...

Post by busya13 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:32 pm

hi guys!

i would be very grateful if anyone could help. i am about to apply for EE2 and have a cluster of questions to which i am not able to find the clear answers to. so...

1. husband EEA national is starting his PHd in the UK for 3 years. We have a little daughter with EU passport as well. do I necessarily need to send his bank statement and for how long period? or is just the statement from him is enough? how much money (minimum amount?) needs to be on the account?

2. Does only EEA national student need comprehensive insurance or me, his spouse and his daughter as well?

3. My current EEA2 is going to expire on the 9th of November. Obviously, i am going to apply after that. When I spoke to the lady from the HO some time ago she told me that I can request my passport back after 28 days. And also that I am ok to look for a job during the consideration process? Anyone knows how that works in practice? Do they not keep passports anymore for the whole duration of the application process as they used to couple of years ago? anyone tried to look for a job without having the actual residence card while waiting? I did work before while waiting for the application to come back, however I did find the job before my previous visa expired...now it would be different.

4. Also my parents wanted to buy a property on my name in the UK (for us to live in). Can i buy a flat here if i don't have the valid residence card? I imagine I would definitely need to have my passport back by then...So if i request the passport back would that work?