ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI question really desperate :(

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

busya13

CSI question really desperate :(

Post by busya13 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:14 pm

i just called one of the insurance companies to get a quote for the CSI for my spouse Eu national (student) for my EEA 2 application, me and our daughter and it came up at almost 700 pounds per months!!!! they said because he is not a uk resident and has not been registered with gp here for the last 6 months he has to go for the Global cover, not just the uk one... Please can anyone share their experience with this? is there any way around this? we did live here 3,5 years ago and possibly he is still registered with gp here. please help

busya13

Re: CSI question really desperate :(

Post by busya13 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:20 pm

by the way we all have Czech EHIC cards, i have a kind of residence permit for Czech republic for 5 years, so they gave me EHIC card as spouse of EU national. would that help at all? can we apply with EHIC cards instead of private insurance? thank in advance...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:39 pm

In cases of student, only the EEA national needs to hold CSI. Not the family. Non-UK EHIC can serve as CSI instead of private insurance.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

busya13

Post by busya13 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Thanksfor the reply, Jambo. Czech Republic has issued me, citizen of Kazakhstan with EHIC card, my daughter has it as well. Wouldnt it make the application process much more complicated though? What documents need to be sent to show we are covered by EHIC? We have nothing but our EHIC cards to prove that at the moment. Anyway, i thought that the regulations require all family members to be covered by CSI...would appreciate further advise

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:22 pm

It's great that you have a EHIC but this is not required for the Residence Card.

EHIC doesn't make the application more complicated. You however would need to attach a letter stating your stay in the UK is temporary while your wife is studying. Stating that has no affect on your future application but this is required in order for the HO to accept the EHIC.

busya13

Post by busya13 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Thank you again, Jambo. Wouldnt it reduce my chances for getting RC though? Also i keep reading that CSI is required for all family members... Maybe if i go the CSI route it will be easier? I found out that my husband, it is him the EU citizen, is still registered with gp here, so maybe in the end they would give him the UK CSI cover, not the international. I am not sure if it not cheating though...as we havent been in the UK for the last 3,5 years...I still have my RC that expires in November...Possibly I am registered here with the gp since the old times,while we still lived here. The Uk CSI policy is apparently cheaper. So i could get it as well maybe...i dont know. But my daughter has never been registered with gp in this country...dont know how that would work out with her. Looks like she cant have the uk CSI cover...uffff, this is distressing...sorry for the rant

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:58 am

CSI is required for all family in case the EEA national exercises treaty rights as self sufficient. In a case of student, only the EEA national needs CSI. If you want to provide additional documents that are not required you can do so but as I say this is not required.