ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 and parents marriage certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anul

MN1 and parents marriage certificate

Post by anul » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:59 pm

Hello Members,

I’ve recently got ILR and I would like to register 2 of my UK born children by using MN1 form. I manage to book the appointment with Nationality checking service at my local council however confuse about their requirements as stated below,

Documents for Minor Applications
The child’s full birth certificate
The child’s passport showing entry to the UK and any subsequent passports
Parents Marriage Certificate

In my case I do have marriage certificate which is in foreign language and I don’t have time to get it translated, please advise if there is any issue.
I am told that for the child born in UK after 2006 the marriage certificate is not mandatory, however not sure if at NCS they will accept the applications. Furthermore one of my referee filled the details in lower case, please suggest is there any problem.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: MN1 and parents marriage certificate

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Marriage certificate is not necessary . I myself apply for my kids with passport and brp photocopy of my hubby only and got certificate in March 2014 without any prob . About NCS I have no idea
ss

anul

Post by anul » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:22 am

Many thanks for your helpful reply.

I am afraid at Nationality Checking Service they insist to have marriage certificate as well. Could you please refer a link or document which state that it is not required if the child born after 2006.

Regards

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:02 pm

Read MN1 guidance notes
ss

anul

Post by anul » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:06 pm

I am afraid not clear in the guidance notes, please tell me which section should I read.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:06 pm

Page 34
ss

anul

Post by anul » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Really sorry to keep asking... the following text is from the guidance and my position in brackets,

FOR CHILDREN LIVING IN THE UK (Applicable to me)
•Child’s full birth certificate AND (I have it)
•Child’s passport of entry to the United Kingdom, and any subsequent passports (Don't have as children born here)
AND
•Parents’ marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate (Not in hand, but both of my children born after July 2006)
Please note – only include children who are not already British
•If one of the parents does not agree to registration a letter explaining their
reasons.
•If the application is being made by a guardian, evidence of their right to do so,
such as a deed, will or court order.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:52 am

I know what u mean but according to my understanding kids da born here with parents who are settled before or after settlement are British so that's why I didn't attach any marriage certificate . For ur piece of mind call NCS and talk to them .
ss

anul

Post by anul » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:28 pm

I already contacted them, they really surprised me by answering as follow,

@ Take your marriage certificate when you attend the NCS appointment
Me: is it a mandatory requirement even child born after July 2006?
@Not sure but you should take if you have one.
Me: I do have one but is foreign language, is that OK?
@Not sure, however if not a translation could be requested at latter stage, don't worry application cant be refused instead you can supply the translation when requested. Or why you don't get translated before attending the appointment.
Me: I am afraid I don't have time to get it translated and secondly if it is not mandatory why should I worry?
@If I am you, I will reschedule the appointment as you know it is not very clear.
Me: So who could give me a definite answer?
@HMMMM sorry I cant.......

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:12 am

No one can give u definite ans as every case worker is different but according to my experience it's not compulsory for uk born kids also it's true if they want anything they will contact u don't suggestion is send the documents and also ask from translated certificate from ur home country so if they ask for it u can provide them . I myself did the case with photocopies of full passport and brp and all wents well
ss