ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR based on discretionary leave of 6 years.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sannadx
Newly Registered

ILR based on discretionary leave of 6 years.

Post by Sannadx » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:00 am

Hi Everyone,
My boyfriend was granted his first discretionary leave on 22/07/2008. He applied for an extension on before his leave expired in June 2011. Home office afterwards sent him an application to fill in under humanitarian protection to settle indefinitely in UK. As seem it was confusing and later they respond that it was not the right application for him and asked to fill a new FLR application. This process took a long time with many letters exchanging between home office and MP. He submitted the 2nd FLR in Sep 2012, soon was granted the extension in Dec, 2012 until 2015.

As he has already lived in UK more than six years since he was first granted discretionary leave, we want to confirm can he apply for ILR now. We seek advice from few solicitors, all seem to be confusing us. One said it depends on the application he made for extension. We are very frustrated and tired of this matter now. My visa is expiring next year and we want to get married.

Is he eligible for his ILR application now considering he has lived 6 years of residency in UK under discretionary leave? Urgent respond would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR based on discretionary leave of 6 years.

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:25 am

From 28 days before 22/07/2013 you could argue insofar as the 2 NHS application was in time and extended under 3C.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sannadx
Newly Registered

Post by Sannadx » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks Amber... He is taking LIUK test, will apply after.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:49 am

Don't need LIUK or B1 English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Abdulhadi
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulhadi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi,

I have been granted Discretionary leave to remain in july 2009 for 3 years and got extended in march 2013 for another 3 years (outside immigration rules).

do i need to pass ESOL B1 Exam, i have done life in the uk test.

can i do my own business?

am due to applying SET(O) in july 2015.

can any one please reply to above my queries

Many Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:45 pm

Under current policy, you dont , but one cannot guarantee that this policy will be in place until next year july.

It may well be.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Abdulhadi
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulhadi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:00 pm

many thanks obie

Sannadx
Newly Registered

Post by Sannadx » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Hi Amber,

He doesn't need to do LIUK? Do you think he will need a solicitor? We are fine to fill the application, but bit concerned with the cover letter?
Can we not write simply explaining his history and dates of visas obtained? Does it have to be explaining laws under what he is qualified?

Sannadx
Newly Registered

Post by Sannadx » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi Obie,

Could you please give me some advice in our case and your opinion? To comfirm his completion of eligible 6 years lived under DLR.