ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 4 applicants - House checked by Immigration officers

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malik261
Newly Registered

EEA 4 applicants - House checked by Immigration officers

Post by malik261 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Guys

I have been reading this forum for quite sometime ( more precisely since I applied for my EEA 4 on the 16th of June 2014)
By reading many of your experiences I became aware that this application would take a few months..

A bit of background

* I am a Non EEA family member
* My Wife is a EEA National who already has a UK Permanent Residence Permit for the last 6 years
* My 5 years EEA family permit came to an end therefore I applied for my PR -EEA4 on the 16th of June
* I received my HO letter on the 30th June confirming application was received
* Along with the application as needed the necessary documents were sent to show that both me and wife have been exercising Treaty rights for the past 5 years ( bank statements, employer letters, P60s, Tenancy agreements & utility bills )

So I was waiting .. AND some UNEXPECTED visitors knocked on my door yesterday morning at 6:30 am :roll:

Yep... you are thinking right.. I had 3 Immigration Enforcement Officers knocking my door in a way like there was an emergency..
Really hard.. really loud.

My Wife open the door and these 3 officers just barged their way in and showed an big photo of me asking her if she knew who this person was!!! :shock:

I woke up with the noise and came out to see who it was..
As soon as I was out I was taken to a different room and she was taken to another division of the house.

The questions we were asked were hilarious not to mention non-ending..
Our bedroom was checked thoroughly ( wardrobes, chest drawers, clothes, shoes.. ) they asked to see documents ( any documents for me and my wife).
The bathroom was checked so were our mobiles phones ( texts, calls, photos..)

All this lasted for around 30 to 40 minutes..
We obviously cooperated with the officers and all the situation, but I must say that firstly it was totally unexpected and not only that, they were intimidating / trying to intimidate us.

I did ask them if this was part of the procedure to which one of the officers replied that at least 9 out of 10 EEA applications are checked this way..

I couldn't believe this - as I have been reading many forums and never came across to anything like this.
So they left and I am still waiting for my application...

I have no clue why my application was picked for a " face to face check"

Oh Yeh.. not to forget mentioning.. They came in this not very appealing white Van with big black letters " IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS" on their uniforms.. :?: :!: :!: :!:

This is just a heads up for you guys out there, don't be shocked if you have BIA knocking your door early in the morning.

I would appreciate any opinions or please share if you have had or heard similar situations.

Thanks

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: EEA 4 applicants - House checked by Immigration officer

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Sorry to hear about your case, I think best way forward is Complaints procedure.

Set out your complaint clearly and briefly, including dates and any reference numbers where possible, then email or send it to:

Email: complaints@homeoffice.gsai.gov.uk

Address:
Complaints Allocation Hub
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:12 pm

That was no immigration enforcements , it was more or less immigrants intimidation. Pls make a formal complaint about that .
NON EU national with RC

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:23 am

What a rubbish work is this????
HO immigration team dumping tax payers money on this useless way.
Home office must have to think about this if it's true what you wrote.

deebaba
Newly Registered

Post by deebaba » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:02 pm

toni34 wrote:That was no immigration enforcements , it was more or less immigrants intimidation. Pls make a formal complaint about that .

Hi Toni34, na Dayo be this. I need your advice. I am in the same situation you were 4 years ago. My partner is Lithuanian and we just had twins recently. Planning to make an application with the EEA2 form. We have not been living together for 2 years yet so I cant prove a durable relationship. We've just been together 1 year 5 months. Also we started living together when the babies arrived which is the 13th August so at the moment I only have Tv license as my utility bill. What are my chances

Toni I go like word with you o, where I fit holla you apart from the forum? Cheers mate

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:26 pm

deebaba wrote:
toni34 wrote:That was no immigration enforcements , it was more or less immigrants intimidation. Pls make a formal complaint about that .

Hi Toni34, na Dayo be this. I need your advice. I am in the same situation you were 4 years ago. My partner is Lithuanian and we just had twins recently. Planning to make an application with the EEA2 form. We have not been living together for 2 years yet so I cant prove a durable relationship. We've just been together 1 year 5 months. Also we started living together when the babies arrived which is the 13th August so at the moment I only have Tv license as my utility bill. What are my chances

Toni I go like word with you o, where I fit holla you apart from the forum? Cheers mate
Bro try and get all your current bills together for the next two months , then add your all the birth certificates and both of your passports , and if she is exercising treaty rights , then you no go get any problem because those two years proof of living together is just one of the ways to show commitments in a durable relationship and kids together and living together are more solid proofs than the mere two years , so you won't have a problem at all .send me your number on my box here I go Hala you.
NON EU national with RC

malik261
Newly Registered

Post by malik261 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:09 pm

Hi Guys

Thank you for your replies.
I am still awaiting for an outcome.

Since the officers have visited my house ( 2 weeks ago) I have not heard anything back from the home office.
Would anyone know how long does it take to get a response from the HO once they have carried out a house check?

Many Thanks

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:57 am

Wow I don't think they acted legally. You need a warrant to do such an invasive search of someone's home and their mobile phones. That's disgusting.

malik261
Newly Registered

Post by malik261 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:05 pm

please help....

How long HO take to reply after visiting applicant home??

malik261
Newly Registered

Post by malik261 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Plz help, anyone know the exact time limit.
is been 5 months I apply eea4 and immigration officers visited me 2 mounts ago.
I've not heard anything yet from home office.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:52 pm

Application takes 6 months to be decided.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

malik261
Newly Registered

Post by malik261 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:09 am

Finally I received my PR yesterday.. sooooo Happy :lol:

My PR dated 10th Oct after 2 week HO visited my home.

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 pm

hurry !!!,!,

congrats.....malik. wonder why it took so long to receive it after it was stamped.

hope i get mine soon