ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP-HSMP-- mwazir,bani, try-one, please help! Fresh confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeke

WP-HSMP-- mwazir,bani, try-one, please help! Fresh confusion

Post by zeke » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:32 am

Dear Friends,

Regarding my earlier post entitled, "On Work Permit While Awaiting Out-Of-Country HSMP Approval?" we agreed that I could enter the UK under a work permit AFTER having submitted HSMP application from my home country. We agreed this partially based on our understanding that I would apply for Further Leave to Remain after I get the HSMP approval in the UK, yes?

Today I was looking at the HSMP Guidance Notes -- Section 14.1 seems to indicate that if the applicant is in-country, the FLR application is submitted at the same time as the HSMP application (not after HSMP approval). Am I understanding this correctly? How would this impact the scenario I propose in my earlier post?

I cannot copy the text from the Guidance Notes into this post. I will place the link in my next post so you can read section 14.1.

Any thoughts??

Thank you!
Be Well!

zeke

Post by zeke » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:36 am

Link to HSMP Guidance Notes -- Please see section 14.1

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... _mar04.pdf

Thank you.
Be Well!

bani

Post by bani » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:08 am

Hi zeke, this is an old pdf from March. I think in April or May (when processing times started to extend longer and longer), they changed the rules. You don't have to submit your passport for FLR until after you receive your HSMP approval letter. So I don't think you would have any problem.

zeke

Post by zeke » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:34 am

So -- what you are saying is that HO is so overwhelmed with processing applications that they are not updating their website based information
(they have not responded to any of my emails), thereby adding to confusion and misunderstanding about the program?

And-- the pdf I linked to was from the HO website today, on their "forms" page, and it indicates that these guidance notes are "new" (alongside the new HSMP application form that really is new as of the beginning of November, but I've seen scant mention of it on these boards).

Bani, what you say in your message makes sense. Thank you.
Be Well!

bani

Post by bani » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:48 am

They really should update their Guidance Notes!

But this info is on their website:
"It is no longer necessary to submit passports with an HSMP application. Passports should be submitted with form FLR(IED) after you have been notified of your HSMP decision in writing."

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... /hsmp.html?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:25 am

Hi,
It must be an old document, the guidance notes that I saw explain the in country applicants don't need to submit the FLR until after getting the approval. Some documentation used to say that you needed to send the passport, but not any more.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:38 am

zeke,
Have you already applied for HSMP? Applications on the old form will not be accepted from 1 Dec 2004

zeke

Post by zeke » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:36 pm

Thank you all for your comments and clarifications... :)
Be Well!