ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Nationality of Irish Wife

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mred1

Evidence of Nationality of Irish Wife

Post by mred1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi,
Not sure this has been treated, but I will appreciate everyone's comments.
My younger friend (21) (Irish)(Nigerian decent) will be getting married to her partner in the UK,
he is Nigerian. She found out she's pregnant and cant have a baby out of wedlock, hence, the reason for
quick marriage (was supposed to be late 2015). he is on a student visa to the UK which expire in 1 month.
He will apply for the EEA permit after the registry nuptials.

My question is, will he need to submit the wife's passport when he is applying for the EEA permit, is this a must?
or can she just get the authenticated (Commisions of Oath in Ireland) the bio date page of her Irish passport?
Will the copied authenticated page affect the decision? or will you guys advice they submit her passport?

She travels back and forth between Ireland and UK alot, hence why she needs her passport.
Ireland has no National ID as you may know.

Thanks in advance.

dalebutt

Re: Evidence of Nationality of Irish Wife

Post by dalebutt » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:44 am

She needs to send her passport, she may request it back immediately, she doesn't need her passport to travel between the countries, a snap shot of the bio data page on her phone will suffice.

mred1

Post by mred1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:01 am

dalebutt wrote:She needs to send her passport, she may request it back immediately, she doesn't need her passport to travel between the countries, a snap shot of the bio data page on her phone will suffice.
The immigration in IReland needs her passport....you can't travel between ireland and UK without a passport...airlines won't even allow one to board let alone immigration.

If one hands it in and request for it back immediately, how long will it take to arrive back?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:49 am

I know the Gardai or INIS request passport, a copy on a phone will suffice admission, some airlines do not ask for anything at all, other than ID, passport return may take between a couple of days to 2 weeks.

mred1

Post by mred1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:05 pm

It's awkward presenting a phone as a proof of Id at immigration port. I personally wouldn't try it.
Can you point me to where on the website the original pp of the EEA citizen is required for her husband EEA permit application.
Thanks tho...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:03 pm

For a EEA Family Permit, a photocopy of the passport is enough.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

mred1

Post by mred1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Jambo wrote:For a EEA Family Permit, a photocopy of the passport is enough.
Thanks... It's hard for me to believe an authenticated passport copy (commission of oaths) from ireland won't be accepted.
Your stance makes more sense, thanks jambo.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Apologies Mred1, I thought the application was for an EEA2, which you can request back passport after submitting the application, that is not applicable to family permits,and yes authenticated copy is OK for FP applications.