ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance for PBS Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shubhendra
Mood:
United Kingdom

Maintenance for PBS Dependent

Post by shubhendra » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:49 am

Hello,

My Current Status: Tier 2 (General) A rated sponsor 1
Switching status: Tier 2 (General) A rated sponsor 2

My Wife's Status: PBS Dependant (With sponsor 1)
Switching Status: PBS Dependant (with sponsor 2)

From the policy guidance I understand that I don't require to show any maintenance funds because my sponsor is A rated and I am applying from within UK and switching in same category.

Confusion: My wife is my dependent under sponsor 1 and the PBS (Dependant) Policy Guidance on page 9 point 55 (specially second bullet point because first bullet cannot be satisfied at this moment) says the Tier 2 A rated sponsor (sponsor 2 in my case) can give a undertaking that it can maintain and accommodate the family member for a month. I cannot request my Sponsor 2 to give this undertaking as it will be a big obligation

Question: Does this bullet point apply to in-country PBS Dependent applicant or out of UK applicant.

I am worried because my wife is already working and cannot risk to go to our home country and wait for 90 days then apply with sufficient maintenance

Need urgent advice please. The Policy Guidance looks confusing (attached below).
Ref:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

Appreciate your help in advance.

t2ict

Re: Maintenance for PBS Dependent

Post by t2ict » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:46 pm

As you're already in the UK with T2 category visa, you're NOT required to provide any maintenance proofs and you'll be awarded the required points for maintenance automatically, irrespective of your sponsor company ticks the maintenance section in the CoS.
Also for your dependent, you're NOT required to provide if they're applying along with you at the same time. If dependent applying at a later time, then maintenance requirement will come into picture.

jithu81
Newly Registered

Post by jithu81 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:58 am

hi
I have a different query in this regard.
I am on a Tier 2 ICT visa (Post April 2011) for the last 3 years and extended to 2 more years. I had my wife and son as dependant now.
My wife was working and got a new job and she was sponsored for Tier 2 General visa. She got her Visa stamped last month in India. My son and myself continue in the old visa of mine.
Now we want to shift as dependants to her visa.
Since we will be applying from here
1. What needs to be given as address proof?? (As my tenancy agreement is expired as we are staying in the same address for 3 years)
2. Is there any documentation should i ask from her company ?
3. What is the time duration to process the visa?

shubhendra
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shubhendra » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, my wife is applying with me same time.
Is there any proof or mentioned about this in the policy guidance that I can back this up with?
It will help me in my application.

Many Thanks

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:21 pm

shubhendra wrote:Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, my wife is applying with me same time.
Is there any proof or mentioned about this in the policy guidance that I can back this up with?
It will help me in my application.

Many Thanks
Refer page # 32, section 154 (bullet point # 1): https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

shubhendra
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shubhendra » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:06 am

Appreciate your help, but you gave me T2 policy guidance (which I am aware), whereas I am more concerned about PBS Dependant (my wife) in-country same category switching maintenance (if exempted or not).

Thanks

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:59 am

shubhendra wrote:Appreciate your help, but you gave me T2 policy guidance (which I am aware), whereas I am more concerned about PBS Dependant (my wife) in-country same category switching maintenance (if exempted or not).

Thanks
Refer page # 10, item 58 for tier 2 change of employement, in-country applications: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

shubhendra
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shubhendra » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:13 am

Dear t2ict,

Thank you for your help!! I am now relieved.. Before posting my query here I called UKVI in this matter but they suggested me to have it mentioned on the COS (like point # 55 bullet point 2). The representative must have missed point 58.

Since nothing is above the policy guidance (updated), I can apply for my visas with this support.

Thanks
Shubhendra
:)