ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa application from Turkey

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mattcin
Newly Registered

Spouse visa application from Turkey

Post by Mattcin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello everyone,

Please note that this has been my personal experience and specific to the location I submitted my application. I'm still counting my days so fingers crossed :roll:
I applied from Izmir, Turkey through Teleperformance ,please note that the agencies working with Ukvi painstakingly difficult to deal with, and drunk with power, at least that has been my personal experience.
They did ask for SU07 sponsor form even though I knew it wasn't necessary , also made me fill in appendix 4 form for English language requirement. They wanted to separate original documents from copies and keep in that order, so don't bother to put them in any specific order except that, and do not use any plastic folder , they will make you take them away. You can choose to not to let them separate your documents and submit as you prepared them but they will write that this was done at your request, which I did , because I spent ages building my case file. She argued every point even suggested my decree absolute ( for my first marriage) was not original because it didn't have a wet ink on it, I tried to kindly explain that this was the original as I received from the Supreme Court and in the end she took it as original but put a note that it was my request to present it as original .
I have submitted my documents and my biometrics on the same day 21st Aug 2014. I was told the documents were going to be sent to Istanbul decision making center, which projects timeline of 30-35 working days, but I am prepared that it might take 60.
There has been conflicting updates on Teleperformance website when I tried to track my application and It's not possible to phone them so wrote to Ukvi international faq section for an update for my visa status and I received an email this morning, it reads :

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.
We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWFXXXXXXXX DOB: XXXXXXX)
and found that there are no current updates.

In regards of your query, we will have to escalate this case to the
relevant department for further assistance. Please provide following
details for escalation:
Full name of applicant:
Application number (GWFxxxxxxxxx):
Visa application centre reference number:
Date of application:
Date of birth of applicant:
Place of application ( City and Country ):
Type of Visa applied:
Nationality:
Passport Number:
Reason:

What do you think this email means? The word escalation makes me worry a little :( Although I had giving enough information for them to make an enquiry they have asked above info so if you need to contact Ukvi for an application outside the Uk make sure you include above details so you don't waste time.
Good luck to everyone waiting for a decision and thank you .

SoHopeful

Re: Spouse visa application from Turkey

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:50 am

Hopefully it just means that online tracking is not available so they will have to contact the office dealing with your application for a full update.

Mattcin
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa application from Turkey

Post by Mattcin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Thank you for your reply, I really hope so. I have giving the info they have asked for and I have received a very generic answer today telling me to wait for further correspondence as they have informed the relevant department and that it can take up to 24 wks, although that's not what the Ukvi website says so at this point hope is all I have :|
I hope other people will write their timeline and experiences as I don't find much info regarding applications from Turkey, my journey started about a year ago with Home office and I am tired and feeling lost sometimes so it's nice to have you guys to talk to,
Thanks again :)