ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married in Pakistan - Do we need to register our marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Seena

Married in Pakistan - Do we need to register our marriage

Post by Seena » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Hi All,

I am a British national by birth and married to my Pakistani husband in Pakistan two & half years ago. My husband was on a student visa in the UK at that time and he was granted the two years spouse dependent visa before the July 2012 rule and we presented the Pakistani marriage certificate which was accepted at the time.

Now next month we need to apply for his ILR application and we heard that we need to register our marriage here in the UK as well. Is that true ? If yes what is the procedure ?

Thanks for your help..
Seena

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Married in Pakistan - Do we need to register our marriag

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:20 am

Registration not required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.