ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arslan123

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by arslan123 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Have faith wrote:@nm.123 they said the same to me a couple of months ago, they say that when they escalate ur case. Shouldn't be long after this email.
Expedite means when they are moving your case forward due to wife being prégnant or saath in family
Escalating the case means what they are doing because of waitinf for so long .

Shaggy000

Post by Shaggy000 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Ifcurse i will send u all my dicuments list ..i want a quik ans tb test is expired but my relative said take this expired one ..is this ok ???? Plz tell me what they want at airport

Shaggy000

Post by Shaggy000 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:21 pm

9 moths pay slips 9 months bank satetment employer letter ..land registry .wedding photo 20 ..wedding card..cards like birthday ..letters ...facebook chat ..phone bills record from england ...driving licence ..english test coty and guilds ..tb report ..

tiredwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by tiredwaiting » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Can someone give me the address in Islamabad to which i can forward some extra documents?

Also what is the address for HMRC to write to when requesting an employment history?

Thanks

Nm.123

Post by Nm.123 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:47 pm

@phaara: I've been waiting sooooo long been 2 and half years :( tbh my first refusal was all my fault, I was refused on the basis of my husbands English language certificate not being genuine and I was stupid enough to listen to others and go along with appeal just wasted my timeeee!!! I think you should go for fresh application and lodge an appeal same time

@arslan123: I don't know why they expedited my case starting to get mix feelings about it now, possibly because it's been long time since my 1st application???

@havefaith: when did u receive this email and did they ask u for anymore details in between???

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:25 am

Shaggy000 wrote:9 moths pay slips 9 months bank satetment employer letter ..land registry .wedding photo 20 ..wedding card..cards like birthday ..letters ...facebook chat ..phone bills record from england ...driving licence ..english test coty and guilds ..tb report ..
Thanx..mine r almost same.i ve been waitng for spooo long hopng for positive response this tym...INSHALLAH :)
do tell us if u needed a tb test report again and how much time they gave u to travel to uk? Is it 28 days or 3 mnths????

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 am

Nm.123 sorry I read escalation, arslan ur right I thought It said escalation I read it wrong sorry.

About TB I'm sure someone asked, I asked my solicitor they said if ur TB test has expired then defiantly get another one done before ur partner comes to England as they require this in England, my husband is getting his done after Eid In'Shaa'Allah as his expired in June.

They have also gave my husband 28 days to travel, not sure if this is true but he was told at Gerry centre that any case accepted now they have to go to UK within 28 days.

Nm.123

Post by Nm.123 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:53 am

But they escalated my case on first on Wednesday and on Thursday I got email they expediting it?? hope we all get some good news at some point inshallah and Eid Mubarak everyone :)

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:31 am

Have faith wrote:Nm.123 sorry I read escalation, arslan ur right I thought It said escalation I read it wrong sorry.

About TB I'm sure someone asked, I asked my solicitor they said if ur TB test has expired then defiantly get another one done before ur partner comes to England as they require this in England, my husband is getting his done after Eid In'Shaa'Allah as his expired in June.

They have also gave my husband 28 days to travel, not sure if this is true but he was told at Gerry centre that any case accepted now they have to go to UK within 28 days.
@shaggy..if your tb test has expired then for the cost of it I would do another one, they do ask for it in the UK.

@Have faith..If the visa has been issued for a duration of 33 months then you will need to spend 30 months (less any holiday time off) of it in the uk to be eligible for an extension.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:28 am

@tallojani thanks for that, so from my understanding my husband has to live in UK for 30 months to be eligible for further stay in uk, and if he did go away on holiday it would be a total of 3 months is this including the 28 days he has to travel to UK or excluding?? Thanks

Miss Sunshine
Newly Registered

Post by Miss Sunshine » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi Guys, I got the below reply. Can someone help me out and tell me what happens now? I'm a little confused! :?

Thank you for contacting the UK Visa and Immigration international enquiry
service.

Your case has been escalated to the relevant department and we are awaiting
more information back from them. We will come back to you immediately on
your email once we will have more information for you.

Thank you very much in advance for your patient.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form and complete
as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
Sonali
UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Have faith wrote:@tallojani thanks for that, so from my understanding my husband has to live in UK for 30 months to be eligible for further stay in uk, and if he did go away on holiday it would be a total of 3 months is this including the 28 days he has to travel to UK or excluding?? Thanks
initial visa is granted for 33 months of which the first 3 months are for travelling to the UK.
once arrive din UK the clock starts ticking and after completing 30 months in the UK the applicant can apply for extension. As far as I know during those 30 months applicant is allowed to be absent from the UK for holiday purposes but I am not sure of the exact days allowed.

fullahs

Post by fullahs » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:58 pm

@Miss Sunshine

Do not worry it just means that you requested an update on your application and they have forwarded your information to UKVI to get an update. They will get back to you shortly

Have Faith- thank you for your duas

Just to let you all know- I applied on 10th February and they have made their decision but just awaiting call to collect papers.

InshAllah will let you all know regardless of the outcome

1st Application: 2nd Febuary
October (something): Refused as latest wage slip outside 28 days requirement
Documents re- submitted in Mirpur on 07/11/14
2 Visa Processed Emailed received today- 27/01/14
Waiting for RFC call...

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi , does anybody know if it is possible to go to the British High Commission in Islamabad with or without an appointment. ?
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

pind_da_munda_786

Post by pind_da_munda_786 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:06 pm

anyone who applied in august 2014 hear back yet?

these guys r so slow in processing visas. lazy or what

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:45 pm

@tallojani thanks for that, from my understanding which I need to confirm with a solicitor is that the visa is offered for 33 months and the spouse has to enter UK within 28 days, and can have holidays but can only have them for the 3 months at different times but I will Confirm with solicitor. But thanks a lot appreciate it.

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:33 am

Hi good morning everyone. I am new to this forum just joined today. My name is Salman from islamabad. I applied for my spouse visa on 31st July 2014 but haven't heard anything from them. I sent an email after 6 weeks of my visa application and just got a standard reply that there are no updates on my application. Has anyone heard anything who may have applied between July and now?
thanks
Syed Salman Gilani
31/07/2014: Biometrics & Application - Islamabad
14/10/2014: Pre assessment and online verification done
10/11/2014: Not yet been assessed by an ECO
26/11/2014: In Progress
05/12/2014: Further enquiries/checks
10/12/2014: Call from Gerry's
11/12/2014: VISA GRANTED :)

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:36 am

pind_da_munda_786 wrote:anyone who applied in august 2014 hear back yet?

these guys r so slow in processing visas. lazy or what
I applied on july 31st not heard anything yet
Syed Salman Gilani

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:37 am

I sent an email this morning and got a reply with 10 mins. This is what they have to say.

Dear Syed Salman Gilani,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International EnquiryService. You may be aware that from July 2013 a large number of settlement visaapplications were placed on hold during a legal challenge against the UKfamily migrations rules. Since this court judgement was handed down on11 July 2014, the UK Visasand Immigration team in Islamabad has started to process these applicationsin date order. We now have an article on our website that we can refer to (https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... ment-visas). 

Our Customer Service Standard (CSS) for processing settlement applications,as of 01 August 2014, is to conclude all settlement applications within 60working days. Unfortunately while we clear the older cases affected by thelegal challenge customers may wait longer than usual for a decision. Toensure a fair system for applicants, all visa applications are assessedwith an attempt to process them as quickly as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay.
Syed Salman Gilani

Miss Sunshine
Newly Registered

Post by Miss Sunshine » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:47 am

Thanks @Fullahs. I will try to be patient! :mrgreen:

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:13 am

Have faith wrote:@tallojani thanks for that, from my understanding which I need to confirm with a solicitor is that the visa is offered for 33 months and the spouse has to enter UK within 28 days, and can have holidays but can only have them for the 3 months at different times but I will Confirm with solicitor. But thanks a lot appreciate it.
You are welcome, do speak to a solicitor but also read the information yourself which is available on UKVI website.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:54 am

Have faith wrote:@tallojani thanks for that, so from my understanding my husband has to live in UK for 30 months to be eligible for further stay in uk, and if he did go away on holiday it would be a total of 3 months is this including the 28 days he has to travel to UK or excluding?? Thanks
You can travel at any point during the validity of your visa (although you might have to have really good reasons and explain those to the officer at the airport if you wait two years to travel). The 33 months are given to give you ample time (three months) to organise your move.

The problem with travelling later than 3 months after issuance of the visa is that you will not have spent enough time in the UK to apply for ILR after only one additional spouse visa (2.5 years + 2.5 years). You would have to apply for a third visa and meet all requirements, pay the fee a third time, etc.

During your time on spouse visa in the UK there is no specific maximum number of days allowed outside the UK. Absences should "not be excessive" or for reasons of work, illness of a close relative, etc.

In general, if you have four or five weeks annual leave per year and you spend those outside the UK there is nothing to worry about. If you take 8 months unpaid leave and stay out of the UK you will have some explaining to do.

kk786
Newly Registered

Post by kk786 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Am new on this forum. My mp is helping with my husband visa. They have a recived a replay saying "standard security checks are outstanding" what does this mean??

mooty

Post by mooty » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:29 pm

What is your time line kk786? if you don't me asking.

kk786
Newly Registered

Post by kk786 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Applied in march 2014