ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone with a COA get in and out UK ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JulianaV

Can someone with a COA get in and out UK ?

Post by JulianaV » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:31 pm

My husband probably will receive a job offer to work as temp in Frankfurt. Actually he holds a COA.

He intends to go to Frankfurt and flyback 2 in 2 weeks. Our only concern is about the border. Can he be admitted in UK with a COA ? Someone have such experience and wish to share with me ? ty !

SouthWest1

Re: Can someone with a COA get in and out UK ?

Post by SouthWest1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:36 pm

COA is not a travel document!
how would he travel to Germany without a passport? did he request his passport back from the Home Office?

JulianaV

Post by JulianaV » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:48 pm

SouthWest1 wrote:COA is not a travel document!
how would he travel to Germany without a passport? did he request his passport back from the Home Office?
I believe I miss expressed myself. I'm talking about my passport + coa

My intention is to understand what's happens when my husband decide to go back to UK with the COA + Passport. I will continue to live here with our son, but my husband need to work in Germany and he intends to flyback twice per month. I'd like to know how he can get into UK without headaches.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:23 pm

JulianaV wrote:

My intention is to understand what's happens when my husband decide to go back to UK with the COA + Passport. I will continue to live here with our son, but my husband need to work in Germany and he intends to flyback twice per month. I'd like to know how he can get into UK without headaches.
I think you need to expand a bit more as your question is confusing.
did he has a FP on his passport? what sort of visa is it on his passport? is it still valid or did it expire? also, the airline is more likely to refuse him boarding if he does not have a valid entry visa to UK.
Again, COA is an acknowledgment of his application and not a travel document.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:01 pm

SouthWest1 wrote:
JulianaV wrote:

I think you need to expand a bit more as your question is confusing.
did he has a FP on his passport? what sort of visa is it on his passport? is it still valid or did it expire? also, the airline is more likely to refuse him boarding if he does not have a valid entry visa to UK.
Again, COA is an acknowledgment of his application and not a travel document.

Also: what kind of work permit does he have for Germany?

JulianaV

Post by JulianaV » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi, guys !

Also: what kind of work permit does he have for Germany?[/quote]

Well..He don't 'have FP in the passport. We live in UK already. we arrived here 7 months ago. We cannot request a EEA FP inside the country.

He don't need a work permit to work in Germany because it's considered a business travel (he will stay there for 2 months)...he will receive his wage in UK and pay taxes in UK as well.

Dude, I know that COA is not a travel document ! I just need to know what my husband need to do to come to UK every weekend to stay closer of his family (me and my son) on every weekend. Let's get a scenario:

- He goes to Germany and work a entire week
- He buy air tickets to go back to UK every friday.
- When he arrive in UK, the officer will ask: What is the reason of your stay in UK ?
- He will answer: My family lives here, I live here and actually I'm involved with a project that's requires me to go to Germany all the time. I'm a regular worker in this country, I've a NIN, I can show you my consumer bills, letters from my local council to proof you that I live in UK and I've a COA telling that my residence card is under consideration.

So, I believe that the most strong evidence is the COA. He will show the Brazilian passport with the documents I mentioned plus the COA.

Clear ?