ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Enterprenuer -Invested Funds

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Tier 1 Enterprenuer -Invested Funds

Post by jafferdeen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Dear All

My brother want to apply for Tier 1 (Enterprenuer) visa from Pakistan.
He has already invested £200,000 in his cousin business.He has never been in the UK or nor registered as director???
We are confuse if we can claim points for already invested funds for entry clearance
if yes then what is the requirements ????

pleae help
J Khan

GLL
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 Enterprenuer -Invested Funds

Post by GLL » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:52 am

jafferdeen wrote:Dear All

My brother want to apply for Tier 1 (Enterprenuer) visa from Pakistan.
He has already invested £200,000 in his cousin business.He has never been in the UK or nor registered as director???
We are confuse if we can claim points for already invested funds for entry clearance
if yes then what is the requirements ????

pleae help

You can claim points for funds invested one year prior to the date of your application.
However from what you wrote I suspect there might be issues with "genuine entrepreneur" test, as your brother haven't even been in the UK or seen the business. Does your brother have suitable experience for running such type of business as well?
I suggest you to take a good UK lawyer to prepare your application.

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:05 am

I am not worry about Genuine Test but i was going through guideline and what i understand that if you are in the UK you can claim points for already invested funds within a year??
can you share a link which can confirm if someone invested from abroad they can also apply .
J Khan

GLL
BANNED

Post by GLL » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:05 pm

jafferdeen wrote:I am not worry about Genuine Test but i was going through guideline and what i understand that if you are in the UK you can claim points for already invested funds within a year??
can you share a link which can confirm if someone invested from abroad they can also apply .
As far as I know there is no specific provision in the rules regarding investment by someone who is abroad. The point of this visa is not passive investment, but investment where you are involved in active management of the business. That's why they would expect an entrepreneur to at least have met the business,the team before investing and see arrangement in place confirming that an entrepreneur would also run the business and become a Director. That's what I meant by genuine entrepreneur test.
Was your brother appointed as a director?
I see it would be difficult for an entrepreneur who has not even been in the UK to claim points such investment for the purpose of Entrepreneur visa, but if he is appointed as a director you could try to solve the fact that he has not been in the UK by sensible explanations and documentary evidence.