ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Insurance Number and Tax of NON EEA member of EEA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Insurance Number and Tax of NON EEA member of EEA

Post by scoutunderground » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:47 am

Hi there people.
i hope I posted this one in right place.
I have so many questions
Im NON EEA family member spouse of EEA national who lives in UK.
I came in uk before few months with EEA family permit which is 6 months valid.
I got job.
While working I applied for NINO.
Received it after 3 weeks.
I gave the NINO to my employer...
history:
-I sent my form for INSURANCE number 15/09/2014
-26/09/2014 I received my INSURANCE NUMBER from department for work and pensions (jobcentreplus) from Glasgow.
-After 2 days I received on 28/09/2014 letter from HM Revenue&Customs
title on right corner- NEW TAX REFERENCE!
Issued by: PAY AS YOU EARN
NEWCASTLE
On the left side my details.
In the middle of letter theres NATIONAL insurance number. which is WAY FAR MORE different than from my official insurance number received from Glasgow jobcentreplus before 2 days...(29/09/2014)

On th bottom of this HM REVENUE letter is written:
Your income tax records are now held under th reference shown below:
150/YA97563

thats all!

My QUESTIONS ARE:
1.Why the REFERENCE number in HM REVENUE letter is different from my original NINO paper receivd 2 days earlier before hm revenue tax reference....? NINO original has 9 mixed numbers n letter while NINO on hm revenu letter is 8 mixed numbers n letters.
2. Why did I received ths NEW TAX REFERENCE? What I do with it?
3. Since Im employed, my company pays tax and deeducate it from my salary?
4.Do I need to worry or keep any track of my tax? Im new in this UK. So i dont know which questions even to answer.
Since uk has different laws...
5. Do i need to register online to HM REVENUE n custom site?
6. Im working so far 5 weeks. So how this thing goes with tax? Do i pay any kind of tax here in uk? When do i pay? Where to go? How to check?
7. Do i need to work full year, since I see that here a law which concludes tax year 365 days...
I just started to work so when do they investigate me or put me in the list for taxes?

i hope somone here understands my positions and what Im trying to ask..

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Insurance Number and Tax of NON EEA member of EEA

Post by MPH80 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:19 pm

1.Why the REFERENCE number in HM REVENUE letter is different from my original NINO paper receivd 2 days earlier before hm revenue tax reference....? NINO original has 9 mixed numbers n letter while NINO on hm revenu letter is 8 mixed numbers n letters.
Without seeing them - it's impossible to say. National Insurance Numbers are - I believe - 2 letters, followed by 6 numbers, followed by a letter.
It depends what you mean by reference - everyone has a UTR - a unique taxpayer reference - which is distinct from their national insurance number. It links all your tax records together.
Yes - it's called PAYE - Pay As You Earn. Your tax and national insurance payments will be automatically deducted from your salary before it gets to your bank account.
4.Do I need to worry or keep any track of my tax? Im new in this UK. So i dont know which questions even to answer.
It's actually quite important to keep track of your tax. The MOST likely scenario is that you overpay. Everyone has what is called a tax code - it's a small series of letters and numbers which calculate the personal allowance you have in the tax system. That'll get adjusted every year. If you work normally - it'll just function correctly, however, joining in the middle of a year or otherwise can cause it to get a little ... screwed up ... and some people end up on the 'emergency tax code' which simply taxes them at 20%.

However, it's also possible that HMRC won't notice the overpayment and will simply carry on taking money. If you notice the overpayment you can claim it back. Hence the benefit of keeping track.

However, this is not the place to be discussing tax matters in detail - try money saving expert - it has a specific forum about taxes and they can also help you on budgeting and bank accounts in general.
Not unless they ask you to file a tax return - which is unlikely
6. Im working so far 5 weeks. So how this thing goes with tax? Do i pay any kind of tax here in uk? When do i pay? Where to go? How to check?
Your employer will be doing that for you
7. Do i need to work full year, since I see that here a law which concludes tax year 365 days...
Employment taxes are paid in real time. There are situations where you have to do a tax return - but it's unlikely you'd need to do that.
I just started to work so when do they investigate me or put me in the list for taxes?
You're already on the list :-)

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Post by scoutunderground » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:59 pm

MPH80 wrote:
Without seeing them - it's impossible to say. National Insurance Numbers are - I believe - 2 letters, followed by 6 numbers, followed by a letter.
It depends what you mean by reference - everyone has a UTR - a unique taxpayer reference - which is distinct from their national insurance number. It links all your tax records together.
Yes - it's called PAYE - Pay As You Earn. Your tax and national insurance payments will be automatically deducted from your salary before it gets to your bank account.
It's actually quite important to keep track of your tax. The MOST likely scenario is that you overpay. Everyone has what is called a tax code - it's a small series of letters and numbers which calculate the personal allowance you have in the tax system. That'll get adjusted every year. If you work normally - it'll just function correctly, however, joining in the middle of a year or otherwise can cause it to get a little ... screwed up ... and some people end up on the 'emergency tax code' which simply taxes them at 20%.

However, it's also possible that HMRC won't notice the overpayment and will simply carry on taking money. If you notice the overpayment you can claim it back. Hence the benefit of keeping track.

However, this is not the place to be discussing tax matters in detail - try money saving expert - it has a specific forum about taxes and they can also help you on budgeting and bank accounts in general.
Not unless they ask you to file a tax return - which is unlikely
Your employer will be doing that for you
Employment taxes are paid in real time. There are situations where you have to do a tax return - but it's unlikely you'd need to do that.
You're already on the list :-)

tHANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR FOR UR TIME!
Bless

nosaagho
Newly Registered

Post by nosaagho » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:48 pm

@scoutunderground good day i can see you applying from scotland.. if i make ask you some questions.. my wife eea applied for her NInumber in england, but latter moved to scotland.. if i non eea wants to apply for my Ni how should i go about it.because am in scotland,... your answers will be of help to me .. because am new here in scotland