ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Permanent Resident Divorced but remarried

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SherrieFry43
Newly Registered

UK Permanent Resident Divorced but remarried

Post by SherrieFry43 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:58 pm

I am a UK permanent resident with permanent leave to remain in the UK. I am divorced from my husband who is an Englishman (British Citizen) and about to remarry again in 2015 to another British citizen. I need to know if I need a Shengen Visa to travel to Tenerife for my honeymoon and what other paperwork I will need? I will be renewing my american passport before the time comes but is there anything else I will need before then?

pelen23

Re: UK Permanent Resident Divorced but remarried

Post by pelen23 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi there

I am not sure if you are in the right forum but american passport holders do not need a shengen visa to enter Spain regardless their status in the uk. The best place to check this info is on Spanish consulate or star alliance website.
Last edited by pelen23 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:29 pm

As an US citizen you're a non-visa national for entry into Europe aren't you? In which case you won't need a Schengen visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Leesah
Newly Registered

Post by Leesah » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi Sherrie,

I too am a US citizen with permanent residency status. My question to you is was your permanent residency marriage based, and was it affected by your divorce? I am separated, and would now like to divorce and re-marry, both also UK citizens.

Also, just FYI, I have not had any issues traveling either within or without the EU, most "holiday visas" can be arranged with your travel agent or at the immigration desk at the airport where you are visiting. (As another reply mentioned)

Thanks in advance for a reply,
Leesah