ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Danish Citizenship Question

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scl83
Newly Registered

Danish Citizenship Question

Post by scl83 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:20 pm

I will write this in English instead of Danish!

Basically, my partner is from Australia and she has been living in Denmark for 11 years and wants to apply to become a Danish Citizenship.

She passes the living here continuously for 9 years, but the second part does worry me slightly - it states:

"You must also prove that you are able to support yourself, meaning you do not, and must not have, received any public benefits within the past year. You must also have been self-supportive for 4 years and 6 months out of the last 5 years before your application. State education grants and loans, anticipatory pensions or old-age pensions will not prevent you from obtaining Danish nationality."

She has been working the entire time, but my partner will soon go on maternity leave, but due to some bad circumstances at work she will most likely be fired before this happens (In a travelling job, but she can no longer travel) - basically her maternity will be paid for by the government

Does this count as public benefits? Also if she is on government paid maternity leave for 6 to 12 months does this effect the self supportive?

So at the end of the day does a foreigner having a child in Denmark have any effect on a Citizenship?

Kind regards

skypicksteeboy
Newly Registered

Re: Danish Citizenship Question

Post by skypicksteeboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:54 pm

hi. i have a question about Norway/Denmark immigration law. I am indian and working in italy about 8 years. Recently i get the EU long term residence permit. With this long term EU residence permit can i go work in Norway or Denmark?
Advance thanks.
hello,

skypicksteeboy
Newly Registered

Post by skypicksteeboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:57 pm

hi. i have a question about Norway/Denmark immigration law. I am indian and working in italy about 8 years. Recently i get the EU long term residence permit. With this long term EU residence permit can i go work in Norway or Denmark?
Advance thanks.
hello,

fak
Newly Registered

Post by fak » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi scl83,

Did you get the right answer of your question????because I have the same question

fak
Newly Registered

Post by fak » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi scl83,

Did you get the right answer of your question????because I have the same question

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:38 pm

fak wrote:Hi scl83,

The original poster, scl83, has not logged into the forum for more than a year. It is unlikely that you will get a response to your repetitive post/question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.