ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jtboza
Newly Registered

Spousal visa

Post by Jtboza » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:49 pm

My wife is a British citizen and I'm an Australian currently in the UK on a 6 month holiday visa. My wife has been working full time for the past 6 months contracted to £19000 per year whilst I've been a stay at home Dad, looking after our 18 month old son (who just got his British passport). My 6 months is about to end and I'm about to head back to Australia to apply for my spousal visa.

Unfortunately we cannot afford an immigration lawyer to help me apply for the indefinite leave to remain (spousal visa?) so I'd really appreciate advice on which exact isa I'm applying for and which forms I need to to download and submit and what I need to provide, please.
(To push the friendship exact links would be so helpful)

So here's the info again.

I'm Australian, my wife Is British, our son has dual citizenship, I've spent the last 6 months in the uk on a holiday visa (I haven't overstayed), my wife has a full time job (held almost for 6 months) with a contract for £19k P/a, I'll be applying for a uk spousal visa? From Australia, my wife and son will be staying in the UK.

Please help me with what visa I need to apply for and what forms I need to fill.

Thank you so much

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal visa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:03 pm

You won't be applying for ILR. That comes after a 5 year probationary period. 2.5 years initially, followed by a further 2.5 year extension. You'll need to apply for a spouse settlement visa - VAF4a
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -australia

Have a read through and then come back with any questions you may have.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jtboza
Newly Registered

Post by Jtboza » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Thank you kindly Casa.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:23 pm

You're welcome
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jtboza
Newly Registered

Post by Jtboza » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Hey Casa, can I please ask you another 2 questions?

I'm currently in Australia waiting for my wife's 6 months of full time employment to pass which will be on the 4th Dec so that I can then apply for my spousal visa. I have every original payslip from then until now and her most recent pay slip was sent to me on the 28th of November and will arrive here in the next week or so.

The issue i have is that I will not have the next payslip covering the 4th Dec until around the 20th Dec (she gets them fortnightly and it takes a week to send them from the UK to Aus). My question is; Since we have every pay slip for the past 5.8 months and a letter verifying my wife's employment and her wage (18600 pounds p/a) will that be enough for them to grant me the visa or do i need the next pay slip which will include the 4th of December?

The next questions is do embassies close over the Christmas break? the visa processing office for Australians requesting a UK visa actually gets sent to Sydney then diverted off shore to be processed in Manila?

I don't know what to do because the difference in flights from late December to early January is about $1000 AU and I need to get back to my family ASAP.

I really hope all this makes sense and not too confusing for you and thank you in advance for any information you can give me.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:47 pm

You need the payslips covering a 6 month period where the last payslip - and accompanying bank statements - are less than 28 days old. So if you only have payslips covering 5.8 months - you need the last .2 ... and the bank statement associated with it showing the pay going into the bank account.

Yes - they do tend to close over the christmas period - for how long depends on the territory.

Finally - when are you planning on applying? If it's on the 20th of December, then I doubt you'll be hearing back on your visa this side of the new year. 89% currently decided in 10 working days. Given Christmas + delays in postal services etc - I'd expect it'd be early in the new year before you'd hear back - providing you're not in the remaining 11%.

Jtboza
Newly Registered

Post by Jtboza » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:08 pm

Thanks so much for the info but one last question please. Can i use copies of these payslips and bank statements or do they need to be the originals?
thanks again

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:19 pm

They prefer originals D(d)(ii).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Reactor
Newly Registered

Post by Reactor » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:55 pm

I have a dilemma with my bank statements and my payslips. My bank statements contain transactions for the 23rd to the 23rd, but my pay comes out on the 26th, which means the latest statement will only ever show my last payslip, rather than my current one.

Should I just submit my last 6 months of payslips and bank statements, even though the last payslip on the most recent statement is over a month old?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Reactor wrote:I have a dilemma with my bank statements and my payslips. My bank statements contain transactions for the 23rd to the 23rd, but my pay comes out on the 26th, which means the latest statement will only ever show my last payslip, rather than my current one.

Should I just submit my last 6 months of payslips and bank statements, even though the last payslip on the most recent statement is over a month old?
Can you order additional statements by requesting the bank.

I don't know who you bank with but my bank (Barclays) offers what is known as a Interim statement. This is a additional statement in which the bank will send you another statement that shows the period from the last statement to the period at the time of request. So If you requested a interim statement say at the end of the month on the 30th, the bank will send a statement covering the 23rd to the 30th thus covering your last pay slip.

Barclays offers this and if you bank with someone else, they may offer a similar service. You need to contact your bank.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Jtboza
Newly Registered

Post by Jtboza » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:23 am

Hi, I would just like to close this thread with a HUGE Thank you for all of your free and valuable guidance, advice and information.
As you know its near near on impossible trying to find all the required info the on the gov.uk and without your help and advice I'd still be sending back and forth missed or left out pieces of proof or information they'd need to make their decision.

I have since received my Spousal visa and am back in the UK living with my family.

Thank you so much for your help
Jarrad

Mrs K

Post by Mrs K » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:26 am

Congratz Jtboza.. good to hear that.. i am also new here.. i was so worried abt the appeal process.. ppl helped me alot in this forum and i have received the call letter today. Thanks all

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Really pleased to hear your good news Jtboza. Thanks for letting us know.
(Casa, not CR001)