ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring ILR by British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ykum
Newly Registered

Sponsoring ILR by British citizen

Post by ykum » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:08 pm

I am currently on ILR and have return to home for family reasons. My wife and son would soon be getting british citizenship.

My question is if I stay outside for more than 2 years, I will loose my ILR. My wife being a british she sponsor me after 3 years if I need to come back

What kind of visa I will be getting given I had ILR and how long do I have to wait before applying for naturalisation

Thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Sponsoring ILR by British citizen

Post by milan69 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:19 am

If married to British citizen you have to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 years and hold ILR.
From the moment you apply for naturalization you are free to travel without restrictions.
I am sometimes wrong.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:45 am

If you lose your ILR status, you are back to square one. your wife can sponsor you for a spouse visa which leads to ILR after 5 years. There are also financial requirements to meet for the visa.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:28 am

Also be aware that there are certain changes being proposed (not approved yet as far as I know) that they will stop giving ILR after 2018.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 61418.html

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:58 am

zeusmagnanimous wrote:Also be aware that there are certain changes being proposed (not approved yet as far as I know) that they will stop giving ILR after 2018.

This is not applicable to spouse of British Citizen visas. You are quoting for Tier 1 applicants.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
zeusmagnanimous wrote:Also be aware that there are certain changes being proposed (not approved yet as far as I know) that they will stop giving ILR after 2018.

This is not applicable to spouse of British Citizen visas. You are quoting for Tier 1 applicants.
Sorry I made a mistake. OP please ignore my comments above.

ykum
Newly Registered

Post by ykum » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Thank you all for the response. This is extremely useful. Hopefully I can keep my ILR active