ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gulll

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by gulll » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:52 pm

Come on home office, expedite your processing speed please. Can't wait now for July applicants start getting there ILR's may God willing :)

educators

Query

Post by educators » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Shahjee and other senior members ....Apologies in advance if this has been asked before...I have recently obtained ILR on the basis of 10 years..my wife came as my dependant in Aug 2010 while I was on PSW visa then she was switched to my Tier 1 Ent dependant which is valid until end of 2015....

If I go for her FLR M now then it means she needs to wait for 5 years to obtain her ILR. So therefore can I keep her on current Tier 1 Ent dependant visa and simply apply for ILR using SET O in Aug 2015 when she completes her 5 year period.

OR

As we want to travel back home in beginning of 2015 so Can I get FLR M visa for her now and when she completes her 5 year period in Aug 2015 can I apply her ILR using SET O form?

Please suggest the best route available. Many Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: Query

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:35 pm

educators wrote:Shahjee and other senior members ....Apologies in advance if this has been asked before...I have recently obtained ILR on the basis of 10 years..my wife came as my dependant in Aug 2010 while I was on PSW visa then she was switched to my Tier 1 Ent dependant which is valid until end of 2015....

If I go for her FLR M now then it means she needs to wait for 5 years to obtain her ILR. So therefore can I keep her on current Tier 1 Ent dependant visa and simply apply for ILR using SET O in Aug 2015 when she completes her 5 year period.

Since you have already got ILR on the basis of 10 years so your wife is no longer dependent of your previous Tier 1 Ent status. She needs to change her status as a dependent of settled person by using FLR (M) application therefore her previous stay as your Tier 1 Ent dependent will be null and void. Her residency clock will start once she gets her FLR (M) visa and will have to wait for 5 yrs to get her own ILR.
OR

As we want to travel back home in beginning of 2015 so Can I get FLR M visa for her now and when she completes her 5 year period in Aug 2015 can I apply her ILR using SET O form?
You should apply for your Mrs FLR (M)visa ASAP as technically she is now dependent of a settled person who is you and again as soon as she gets FLR M visa her 5 years residency clock will start from there. If you apply for ILR on the basis of 5 yrs Tier 1 Ent then your wife will also get ILR along with you providing she also completes her 5 years period with you. However, as you already got ILR on the basis of 10 yrs so she has no other option left except to apply for FLR M and wait for another 5 years.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:41 pm

gulll wrote:Come on home office, expedite your processing speed please. Can't wait now for July applicants start getting there ILR's may God willing :)
Patience is virtue.

shahjee1234

Re: Query

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
educators wrote:Shahjee and other senior members ....Apologies in advance if this has been asked before...I have recently obtained ILR on the basis of 10 years..my wife came as my dependant in Aug 2010 while I was on PSW visa then she was switched to my Tier 1 Ent dependant which is valid until end of 2015....

Since you have already got ILR on the basis of 10 years so your wife is no longer dependent of your previous Tier 1 Ent status. She needs to change her status as a dependent of settled person by using FLR (M) application therefore her previous stay as your Tier 1 Ent dependent will be null and void. Her residency clock will start once she gets her FLR (M) visa and will have to wait for 5 yrs to get her own ILR.
OR

You should apply for your Mrs FLR (M)visa ASAP as technically she is now dependent of a settled person who is you and again as soon as she gets FLR M visa her 5 years residency clock will start from there. If you apply for ILR on the basis of 5 yrs Tier 1 Ent then your wife will also get ILR along with you providing she also completes her 5 years period with you. However, as you already got ILR on the basis of 10 yrs so she has no other option left except to apply for FLR M and wait for another 5 years.
Hi educators,
I fully agree with Arsal385, absolutely spot on.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Shahjee, I am having a same situation but my wife visa is going to be expired in Aug 2015 but due to uncertainty in job is it OK to apply by post now rather than later when I receive my ILR. I applied for my SET LR on 10th Sept 2014 and obviously I will get the outcome of my application sometimes in late Jan/early Feb next year. You said your Mrs got ILR 4 days after your ILR approval.
Didnt they ask for the up to date payslips/ bankstatements for your wife case?
Also I am going to use UK NARIC certificate of degree and english language equivalency certificate.
Hi Arsal385,
It's absolutely fine if you want to apply for your wife FLR(M) now, procedure is the same, please write a covering letter along, that you want Home Office to hold her application till they decide your ILR application. Mind it that in my wife case it took them just 4 days to send her FLR(M) visa back to her, but in other members almost similar cases it took them more than that. But I would say if you look at the balance of convenience in your particular case it's safe to apply now and you also making sure that you don't pay the extra PEO fee later on.
Regards to you asked did the Home Office asked us about upto date payslips, the answer is no they didn't as my wife applied in beginning of April 2014 and her application was decided in June 2 months and 15 days. Another thing is before 6th April 2014 the rules were completely different, we didn't need to fulfil any income requirement, but I still provided an years worth of payslips and letter from my employer and bank statements to back it up. In your case obviously your case might take longer to decide and that might be a factor but I don't think once you apply for the FLR(M) mostly case will be decided on the evidence already provided.
My prayers and best wishes be with you mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:41 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Shahjee, I am having a same situation but my wife visa is going to be expired in Aug 2015 but due to uncertainty in job is it OK to apply by post now rather than later when I receive my ILR. I applied for my SET LR on 10th Sept 2014 and obviously I will get the outcome of my application sometimes in late Jan/early Feb next year. You said your Mrs got ILR 4 days after your ILR approval.
Didnt they ask for the up to date payslips/ bankstatements for your wife case?
Also I am going to use UK NARIC certificate of degree and english language equivalency certificate.
Hi Arsal385,
It's absolutely fine if you want to apply for your wife FLR(M) now, procedure is the same, please write a covering letter along, that you want Home Office to hold her application till they decide your ILR application. Mind it that in my wife case it took them just 4 days to send her FLR(M) visa back to her, but in other members almost similar cases it took them more than that. But I would say if you look at the balance of convenience in your particular case it's safe to apply now and you also making sure that you don't pay the extra PEO fee later on.
Regards to you asked did the Home Office asked us about upto date payslips, the answer is no they didn't as my wife applied in beginning of April 2014 and her application was decided in June 2 months and 15 days. Another thing is before 6th April 2014 the rules were completely different, we didn't need to fulfil any income requirement, but I still provided an years worth of payslips and letter from my employer and bank statements to back it up. In your case obviously your case might take longer to decide and that might be a factor but I don't think once you apply for the FLR(M) mostly case will be decided on the evidence already provided.
My prayers and best wishes be with you mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
JazakAllah Shahjee bhai that's very helpful and in detailed as usual. I will keep this option for worst case scenario. If in case any problem will happen to my job security. I will apply for my wife FLR (M) as soon as possible without waiting for the outcome of my SET LR application.

nad050614
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by nad050614 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:07 pm

Dear All

I am a Silent Reader of this Forum. Alhumdulilah, my ILR Application has been approved.

Below is the timeline.

Application Date: 05-06-2014
Acknowledgement 13-06-2014
Bio Invite 21-06-2014
Bio Enrolled 23-06-2014
App approved 01-10-2014
Docs Received 04-10-2014
BR Received 03-10-2014

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:11 pm

congrats @nad050614

a well timed Eid present !! :lol:

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:13 pm

Just a reminder for anyone looking to apply for SET(LR) that a new version of the form is now available.

It is always a good idea to check latest version on the date of posting application to be on the safe side.

12years

Post by 12years » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:25 am

fielddrive wrote:Just a reminder for anyone looking to apply for SET(LR) that a new version of the form is now available.

It is always a good idea to check latest version on the date of posting application to be on the safe side.
Comparing the new form with the old form, it seems to me that the only difference is the removal of the police registration question on page 12 (D7) and from the summary sheet list on page 27. Looks like for those who where required to register with the police, it is no longer a requirement to send their police registration document in.

Would have been nice if they corrected the little errors on the form e.g. postal order go to A19.

gulll

Post by gulll » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:57 am

Arsal385 wrote:
gulll wrote:Come on home office, expedite your processing speed please. Can't wait now for July applicants start getting there ILR's may God willing :)
Patience is virtue.
yes you are right brother, but am very much frustrated now with my pending application and wait :(

AKU
Newly Registered

Post by AKU » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:40 am

Dear Members
Can you kindly advice me with regards to completing the FLR M form please?
With regards to 7.3A
My sponsor (spouse) meets the requirements for category A, so I have completed the section that applies to him. I started working less than 6 months so I don't know whether to complete the section that applies to me or not. I will not meet the requirements under category B. So is it okay to leave that blank
Secondly does a UK degree meets the requirement for english language. I called HO & the person I spoke to told me to get a certificate from NARIC. They however informed me that they do not provide comparatives for a UK degree which makes sense.
Your input will be appreciated.

dream40

Post by dream40 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:28 am

Hi shajee and other senior members I got Flrm 30 month visa using same day service however I am not sure will my wife is eligible for ILR straight away as she is with me since 9 years but some people say previous time is null or zoro help and explain dream 40

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:04 am

dream40 wrote:Hi shajee and other senior members I got Flrm 30 month visa using same day service however I am not sure will my wife is eligible for ILR straight away as she is with me since 9 years but some people say previous time is null or zoro help and explain dream 40
As your Mrs got 30 months visa. This means she falls under new rules of 5 years waiting time. but the good news is your partner is already been here for the last 9 years so I would suggest you to wait for another year and once she completes her 10 years residency she can apply for her ILR using SET LR form.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:09 am

AKU wrote:Dear Members
Can you kindly advice me with regards to completing the FLR M form please?
With regards to 7.3A
My sponsor (spouse) meets the requirements for category A, so I have completed the section that applies to him. I started working less than 6 months so I don't know whether to complete the section that applies to me or not. I will not meet the requirements under category B. So is it okay to leave that blank
Secondly does a UK degree meets the requirement for english language. I called HO & the person I spoke to told me to get a certificate from NARIC. They however informed me that they do not provide comparatives for a UK degree which makes sense.
Your input will be appreciated.
Could you pls let me know the HO contact number for which you asked your partner's UK NARIC query. I need to contact HO and clarify about my Mrs English language requirement as well.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:16 am

gulll wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Patience is virtue.
yes you are right brother, but am very much frustrated now with my pending application and wait :(
I know its quite frustrating. I would suggest you to focus on other things in the meantime. Otherwise if you keep thinking about it, it will hassle you further.

shareandcare80
Newly Registered

Post by shareandcare80 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:41 am

Hello Everyone thanks for sharing your personal experiences during the process.
I applied for 10 years long residency on 1st of sep2014 and I received confirmation letter on 7thsep then on 22ndsep I received email confirming my payment and case Id but its over a month now and I still have not received my bio metrics.
Does it take that long to receive the biometircs letter?

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:02 am

Arsal385 wrote:
I know its quite frustrating. I would suggest you to focus on other things in the meantime. Otherwise if you keep thinking about it, it will hassle you further.
[/quote]

Hi gulll,
I fully agree with Arsal385, this is your time to stay focused and don't get frustrated. You should be frustrated if people around you have already received their ILR's and you didn't, but that is not the case, Home Office haven't even started July applicants so what is the frustration about. Make your self a nice cup of tea, with some nice biscuits and Arsal385 suggested channel your energies some where else, other wise this ILR wait is a self destroying kind of an effect on person, and is not at all easy, I could relate to you because when I got my ILR all around me got theirs already a week or so before me, and I had a straight forward case and still sitting waiting, and it could be really frustrating, as me how I spend those days. But in your case, you should pray that you case stick to the normal time line and you manage to get your ILR in the next 2-3 weeks time.
Our best wishes and prayers with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:23 am

shareandcare80 wrote:Hello Everyone thanks for sharing your personal experiences during the process.
I applied for 10 years long residency on 1st of sep2014 and I received confirmation letter on 7thsep then on 22ndsep I received email confirming my payment and case Id but its over a month now and I still have not received my bio metrics.
It took over 5 weeks for me to get my biometrics letter and more for some other members... i would suggest wait for till the end of next week because even if you request them to send it again, it could take up to 15 working days.

cgomes36439
Newly Registered

British Naturalization

Post by cgomes36439 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi, i have a residence card for 3.5 years, i'm married to a Finnish girl. The passport which i have my Visa has expired, then i got it changed to the new passport, so the question is: Can i apply to a British Naturalization after 6 years with the residence card or do i need to have a ILR to apply?
Thank you so much!!

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: British Naturalization

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:33 pm

cgomes36439 wrote:Hi, i have a residence card for 3.5 years, i'm married to a Finnish girl. The passport which i have my Visa has expired, then i got it changed to the new passport, so the question is: Can i apply to a British Naturalization after 6 years with the residence card or do i need to have a ILR to apply?
Thank you so much!!
I think you are on wrong forum, this forum is for long residency ILR and not for European route or naturalisation. You better look for your relevant forum on this website.

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:49 pm

shareandcare80 wrote:Hello Everyone thanks for sharing your personal experiences during the process.

I received my acknowledgement letter after 17 days from the date of printing, how efficient of HO/Royal Mail/TNT!

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:13 pm

moonwalk30 wrote:

I received my acknowledgement letter after 17 days from the date of printing, how efficient of HO/Royal Mail/TNT!
We have had the same situation. It is worsen than our Pakistani dak khana

K4

Post by K4 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:36 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
moonwalk30 wrote:

We have had the same situation. It is worsen than our Pakistani dak khana
I can second with you guys it's either royal mail or HO internal mail system working like snails ha ha our dak khana has improved in the last couple years so I heard I think its been privatized