ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KALA2013
Newly Registered

Spouse visa

Post by KALA2013 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Greetings,

I am having few queries in terms of applying jointly ILR for my spouse and my newborn baby.. I have gone through many forums in this board Which are very useful and understood mine is a different scenario...Please could you clarify?

I am eligible for ILR by Feb 2013 ,

1) My wife joined me in UK on June 2010 with her own Tier 2 ICT (Not as my dependant).. She has been staying with me for 2.5 years now.. is she eligible for ILR under "ILR for spouse" category.. iF yes will i be able to make a joint application for her?

2) My baby was born in UK few months before when me and my wife were in Tier2 , When i get my ILR can i apply jointly for my baby irrespective of mothers Visa category?

3) Is there any option available to apply for Citizenship for my baby once i get my ILR..

Advices valued greatly..
Many thanks,

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:31 pm

1. For a joint application, all other persons need to be in dependent visa status at the time of application, and your wife is not.

2. What is the baby applying for?

3. Read the British citizenship section of this board, with particular attention to 'MN1', 'section 1(3)' and 'registration as a British citizen'.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:05 am

If you are planning to apply in feb13, you need to start getting your docs together, and also look for PEO appointments.

What is your visa history - visa types/ dates from/to
Your entry date to Uk
Absences

I hope you have done your Life in the Uk test, and have assessed your absence situation. Also, good time now to talk to your employer about your salary/continued employment related employer letter.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

KALA2013
Newly Registered

Post by KALA2013 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks Much for the response. As per the number of years and absence calculation, I am eligible for ILR (checked the rules). Started to collect all the docs and planning to take Life in UK test this week.

Myself - Tier 2 ICT - Mar 2008
My Wife - Tier 2 ICT - June 2010
Baby - Born on Oct 2012

As per this I am straight away eligible for ILR.

But the doubt is

1. Can my wife apply for a ILR along with me? Looks like the answer is NO as she was not my dependent. Will she get ILR if she applies seperately as she is my spouse?

2. My baby - As she was born on Oct 2012 and I m eligible for ILR can I apply for ILR/citizenship in Feb 2013 (without apply ICT dependent visa??)

KALA2013
Newly Registered

Post by KALA2013 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:56 am

Hi,
Gone through the MN1 section 1(3) regarding BC for my baby.. We have applied Indian passport for my baby now, but after reading the post my understanding is baby can still apply for BC once I get ILR.. Is this correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 am

Your wife may apply for settlement when she qualifies for it in her own right.

Your baby will be entitled to register for British Citizenship immediately after you are granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:07 pm

KALA2013 wrote:Hi,

My husband is in UK on ILR. We want to apply ILR dependent visa for me. I am currently working in India.

For the application there is a supporting document

"a letter from your employer on company headed paper – detailing your salary and the length of your employment, confirming that you have been given time off work, and stating whether this time off is paid or unpaid"

I want to resign and join my husband. In such a case I can't ask my company to give a letter "OFF WORK".

Can someone please let me know what sort of document from company should I be providing for the application?

Regards,
Kala
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:31 pm

That sounds more like supporting documents relating to your husband's employment. Your employment should be irrelevant, if you are applying for entry clearance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

KALA2013
Newly Registered

Post by KALA2013 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks Vinny. I though the same but looking at the following link it doesn't look like that:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lement.pdf

Please advice.

Regards,
Kala

KALA2013
Newly Registered

Applying BC - Spouse on ILR Dependent

Post by KALA2013 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:25 am

Hi,

I am on ILR since 2013 Feb and I am now eligible for British Citizenship. My wife and daughter were in India last year. To bring them here I have applied ILR dependent for my daughter and ILR spouse visa for my wife. And their visas are valid until 2016.

If I apply and get the British Citizenship now will my wife's and daughter's visa become invalid or they still valid?

Please help me out on this.

Regards,
Kala

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying BC - Spouse on ILR Dependent

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:59 am

ILR dependent and dependent of British Citizen is the same visa. They won't need to change to another and will continue as is, with the renewal after 2.5 years, until they can apply for ILR after 5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KALA2013
Newly Registered

Re: Applying BC - Spouse on ILR Dependent

Post by KALA2013 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.

KALA2013
Newly Registered

ILR Spouse extension - Which application to use?

Post by KALA2013 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi,

I have come to UK in 2008 on Tier 2 (ICT). And got ILR in Feb 2013 after completing five years.

My wife was in India and I have applied ILR Dependent for her in May 2014 and she got it until Dec 2016.

And during this period I have changed my citizenship from Indian to British. Now I am planning to apply extension for my wife.

Can you please let me know which application I have to submit for the extension?

Regards,
Kala

vinny

Re: Spouse visa

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:58 pm

M.

vinny

Re: Spouse visa

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:05 pm