ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel abroad with kids dependent visa & parents having ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tubu
Newly Registered

Travel abroad with kids dependent visa & parents having ILR

Post by Tubu » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Dear Members,

Sub: Is it possible to travel abroad with children having PBS dependent visa (valid till oct 2015) and parents having ILR.

Myself and my wife will apply for ILR/settlement visa in end of Oct 2014 as a 1 day premium service (previously on Tier-2 (ICT) visa) and hopping to get the ILR, I am going to apply for British citizenship registration for 2 of my child (both born in UK before our ILR) immediately after that. Both of my child have got PBS dependent visa valid till Oct 2015. I am not applying for children ILR instead going for BC registration and then British passport.
Please advice can I travel abroad and come back to UK with full family between the time I applied for the BC registration till I get the British passport for my children. Will my children be allowed to enter UK when me & my wife holds ILR and both my children still holds PBS dependent visa valid till Oct 2015 (& applied for British citizenship registration).

Please advice and many thanks in advance.

catch22_av
Newly Registered

Re: Travel abroad with kids dependent visa & parents having

Post by catch22_av » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:48 am

Hello Esteemed Forum Members,

I am also in the same boat as OP. Could you please answer OP's question?

With regards,
C-22.

agrachit
Newly Registered

Post by agrachit » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:05 am

I have indirect information that someone in the same situation was warned at UK border when returning that it is not allowed to travel with PBS dependent visa when Main Applicant has changed immigration status.

I have the same question. Can an expert please clarify? Is there is a gov number to clarify this?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:20 am

If you were granted ILR as a PBS migrant, then it should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.