ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

favour

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by favour » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:48 am

[quote="favour"]Hello All,

Please I need advice from the good people here who has gone for appeal before or have experience on appeal, my appeal date is in october. we have about a week more to put supporting documents together. I have spent several hours on the forum but its difficult to follow peoples stories because so many topics is being discussed at the same time.
My full story is in the link below.
Application- tier 4, May 2013
Varied to flro- July 2013
refused without appeal-Nov 13
JR -Nov 13
Appeal right-July14
Appeal -July 14
Hearing date- October 14

[url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 68651.html [/url]

Thank you in advance[/quote]

Hello All,

Please does anybody has a template that they could share with me. Our lawyer advised that we get reference letter from my our siblings that are in the uk, most of which are british or have ILR as well as their children.
Please forward this to me through PM. Thanks for your help.

Regards

winners

Post by winners » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:32 pm

newgirl123 wrote:Hi everyone
this is my first time posting on this forum.
I have an appeal in January we applied based on children
having spent 7 years but it was refused.
They have spent 10 years here now.
my two sons that applied with me, one is now over 18
and my other daughter was over 18 when we applied but
we still haven't heard anything about her. We did Jr after they
refuse.
can members give me any advise on what the appeal will be like.
Anything that I need to prepare for?

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone.
We all will succeed!!
Hi Newgirl123

Could you check you inbox please
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:32 pm

http://ralucaknowsresearch.com/2014/10/ ... /#more-147

Some light humour tobtake you into the weekend.

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:08 pm

winners wrote:
refuse.

We all will succeed!!
Hi Newgirl123

Hi Winner
I can't open my inbox because I just registered it doesn't allow me to read any private messages.

winners

Post by winners » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:04 pm

newgirl123 wrote:
winners wrote:
refuse.

We all will succeed!!
Hi Newgirl123

Hi Winner
I can't open my inbox because I just registered it doesn't allow me to read any private messages.
Thanks Newgirl123

I wish you a successful Appeal

My Appeal hearing will be January as well
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

Joyofthelord
Newly Registered

Post by Joyofthelord » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Joyofthelord wrote:Hullo everyone am new here just wanted to share my timeline
Applied 14-07-2014
Acknowledgement received 17-07-2014
Biometrics letter:21-07-2014
Biometrics done:22-07-2014
Doc received :30-09-2014
Brp;30-09-2014
Applied to extend discretionary leave
God is good my extension of discretionary leave has been granted 3 more years then can apply for settlement .Wish u luck all those still waiting

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Can anyone tell me, if an appeal is allowed and you receive written confirmation of this, can the appellant begin to look for work straight away? Or is it forbidden until the visa is actually in hand?

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks winner
I wish u a successful appeal also
How is ur preparation going for the appeal?
We are working on our witness statements and getting letters from friends and family.

atHOdiscretion
Newly Registered

Post by atHOdiscretion » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:52 am

I just wanted to share the news ; Extension of Discretionary Leave to Remain
Previous Visa: Article 8 discretionary leave to remain
Granted: 10-08-2011
Visa expires: 10-08-2014
Applied: 30-07-2014
Acct debited: 05-08-2014
Acknowledgement : 01-08-2014
Bio letter: 12-08-2014
Bio done: 13-08-2014
Further documents requested: 25-09-2014
Documents sent: 01-10-2014
Granted: 04-10-2014 to 04-10-2017
Documents rec'd: 07-10-2014
BRP: 07-10-2014

Thanks for all the suggestions and help on this.Now only 1 hurdle. Next one will be settlement visa in 2017. :D

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Congratulations @ Hodiscretion

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:31 pm

atHOdiscretion wrote:I just wanted to share the news ; Extension of Discretionary Leave to Remain
Previous Visa: Article 8 discretionary leave to remain
Granted: 10-08-2011
Visa expires: 10-08-2014
Applied: 30-07-2014
Acct debited: 05-08-2014
Acknowledgement : 01-08-2014
Bio letter: 12-08-2014
Bio done: 13-08-2014
Further documents requested: 25-09-2014
Documents sent: 01-10-2014
Granted: 04-10-2014 to 04-10-2017
Documents rec'd: 07-10-2014
BRP: 07-10-2014

Thanks for all the suggestions and help on this.Now only 1 hurdle. Next one will be settlement visa in 2017. :D

Congratulations!
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Tomorrow it will be 10 weeks since we received our letter of confirmation. :cry: Waiting is so hard.
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Pray that yrs comes early because its now 8mths since I did my biometrics and am still waiting.goodluck.

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:32 pm

8 months after applying flr(fp)?? Have you not received a decision yet?

I know of atleast three people granted in less than 10 weeks
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

iHope

Post by iHope » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi everyone
Some of you may remember me asking few questions which application to send last year
So much has changed since then. I have been reading all the posts, well almost. Lots of sucess stories but temporary failures as well. I wanted to comment, take part and update my situation but I have psychological thing that when ever something important is going on, I keep it to myself and just keep praying in my heart. I applied on 5th October 2013 for FLR O along with my wife and three children as we had a valid visa till 10th October. Got refused obviously within couple of months with right of appeal. Court date was in August 2014. I completed my 10 years n February and sent reconsideation letter. Home office didn't want to know as usuall.
In court, the honourable Judge decided that I should be granted ILR and my family should be granted leave to remain.
Just received our bio meteric cards few days ago. I got ILR and my wife and children got 30 months leave to remain.
During 10 years, lots of tears, fears, agonies and hardship which you brave people are already aware of BUT NEVER GIVE UP

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:19 pm

Congratulations to you all who have been granted.Yes my dear its 8mths .Ho its just luck and sm continuing to wait for that day.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:17 am

iHope wrote:Hi everyone
Some of you may remember me asking few questions which application to send last year
So much has changed since then. I have been reading all the posts, well almost. Lots of sucess stories but temporary failures as well. I wanted to comment, take part and update my situation but I have psychological thing that when ever something important is going on, I keep it to myself and just keep praying in my heart. I applied on 5th October 2013 for FLR O along with my wife and three children as we had a valid visa till 10th October. Got refused obviously within couple of months with right of appeal. Court date was in August 2014. I completed my 10 years n February and sent reconsideation letter. Home office didn't want to know as usuall.
In court, the honourable Judge decided that I should be granted ILR and my family should be granted leave to remain.
Just received our bio meteric cards few days ago. I got ILR and my wife and children got 30 months leave to remain.
During 10 years, lots of tears, fears, agonies and hardship which you brave people are already aware of BUT NEVER GIVE UP
Congratulations to you iHope and your family.
Congratulations to all that has been granted
I pray for God favour for all going for Appeal or JR. Is not what you know or what your barrister will say but God favour all around you and His mercy answering on your behalf.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:03 am

Congrats iHope. Very happy for you! Best wishes and enjoy the stress free life! Greetings All
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Congrats iHope. This is a well deserved outcome. God bless you and your family.

october2013

Post by october2013 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:24 pm

congrats 2 u and ur family Ihope. My case is quite similar to yours so I was wondering if you can advise. My family and I applied for flr o last yr on d 7 yr rule. It was declined with right of appeal. We had a hearing and the decision was no. We then appealed and had the second hearing based on "an error of law". It's 3 months now since the second hearing and we haven't heard from the judge. In the meantime, my husband and I have clocked 10 yes and eligible to apply for ILR.
so my question is did you apply for ILR when you clocked 10 yrs or was that a decision the judge made (God's favour if it is)? We spoke 2 a lawyer who said we should wait till we hear from the court and know the courts decision before applying for the ILR.
House, your immense contributions are welcome too

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:54 am

@October2013,

I sent you a private message, can you check your inbox and respond please.

Thanks.
october2013 wrote:
congrats 2 u and ur family Ihope. My case is quite similar to yours so I was wondering if you can advise. My family and I applied for flr o last yr on d 7 yr rule. It was declined with right of appeal. We had a hearing and the decision was no. We then appealed and had the second hearing based on "an error of law". It's 3 months now since the second hearing and we haven't heard from the judge. In the meantime, my husband and I have clocked 10 yes and eligible to apply for ILR.
so my question is did you apply for ILR when you clocked 10 yrs or was that a decision the judge made (God's favour if it is)? We spoke 2 a lawyer who said we should wait till we hear from the court and know the courts decision before applying for the ILR.
House, your immense contributions are welcome too

satsug
Newly Registered

Post by satsug » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:01 am

Ems1927 wrote:Can anyone tell me, if an appeal is allowed and you receive written confirmation of this, can the appellant begin to look for work straight away? Or is it forbidden until the visa is actually in hand?

Hi @Ems1927,

I think Your existing status continues until you issued visa by home office..
Anyways hope for the best..
R u received your determination??

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:32 am

Hello everyone, congratulations to everyone who has been given and anyone who hasn't, continue the fight. We applied on 28/07/14 based on British wife and British child. Today l received a letter from the Home office to send more documents. 1. Documentary evidence that my child resides at the same address as me. 2. Evidence that l play an active role in my child's life. My question is will a letter from my wife stating how l play a role in our child's life be taken as Evidence?

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Ma logo wrote:Hello everyone, congratulations to everyone who has been given and anyone who hasn't, continue the fight. We applied on 28/07/14 based on British wife and British child. Today l received a letter from the Home office to send more documents. 1. Documentary evidence that my child resides at the same address as me. 2. Evidence that l play an active role in my child's life. My question is will a letter from my wife stating how l play a role in our child's life be taken as Evidence?

OOOh your timeline is like ours! I hope we get news soon :D

When did you get your confirmation letter?

But from this group I see asking for more evidence is good news, you should get it soon after sending the evidence.

Send photos? Doctors letter? Nursery letter etc etc

I know of someone asked for more evidence that there partner is living with them but he had no letters, wasn't on any bills or anything. Anyway they received the visa not long after. Good luck and keep us updated :D :D :D :D
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:30 pm

flozo64 wrote:
Ma logo wrote:Hello everyone, congratulations to everyone who has been given and anyone who hasn't, continue the fight. We applied on 28/07/14 based on British wife and British child. Today l received a letter from the Home office to send more documents. 1. Documentary evidence that my child resides at the same address as me. 2. Evidence that l play an active role in my child's life. My question is will a letter from my wife stating how l play a role in our child's life be taken as Evidence?

OOOh your timeline is like ours! I hope we get news soon :D

When did you get your confirmation letter?

But from this group I see asking for more evidence is good news, you should get it soon after sending the evidence.

Send photos? Doctors letter? Nursery letter etc etc

I know of someone asked for more evidence that there partner is living with them but he had no letters, wasn't on any bills or anything. Anyway they received the visa not long after. Good luck and keep us updated :D :D :D :D

Yes it is. Confirmation letter was dated 30/7/14. Photos is a good idea. God has already done it for us. Amen