ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement - Category D, Cash Savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

85 East
United Kingdom

Financial requirement - Category D, Cash Savings

Post by 85 East » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:32 pm

We’re planning to return to the UK next year, and will be applying for my spouse’s visa under the cash savings route for the financial requirement, and have some questions.

I have consolidated savings into one account, held with HSBC in the UK.
1. Given the difficulty of receiving post where we currently live, is it acceptable to have account statements sent to my parents address in the UK? We will be using this address as our intended residence when we apply for the visa too.
2. By the date of application I will have held 62.5k+ in one account for over 6 months with no withdrawals. Is it necessary to demonstrate where this has come from, or show statements preceding the 6 month period demonstrating transfers in from overseas accounts etc?
3. The account is instant access, Immigration Guidance, Annex FM, section 7.4.3, point 8 states ‘the savings can be immediately withdrawn (with or without penalty)’. Do we need to enclose details of the bank account type together with the application? (e.g HSBC’s terms and conditions?).
Thanks!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Financial requirement - Category D, Cash Savings

Post by MPH80 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:28 pm

1. Should be fine

2. What you need is a declaration of the source of those funds from yourself. However, it may be wise to provide a confirming declaration if the savings were gifted to you.

3. It isn't strictly specified to include the T&CS - but it might be wise.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:33 pm

I don't see any problem with that,moreover you'll be staying there on arrival. With a short note to support your application, you can explain the reason.
2. What's most important is having the money in the account for six months, you need to show statements for each month if that's what you're asking.
3. As long as the account is in your name,all you've got to do is explain whatsoever you think might not be clear in your additional information to the ECO and you'll be fine.

85 East
United Kingdom

Post by 85 East » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:35 pm

MPH80 wrote: 2. What you need is a declaration of the source of those funds from yourself. However, it may be wise to provide a confirming declaration if the savings were gifted to you.
Thanks to both of you, the funds are my own, and are a combination of older savings accounts, and more recent savings from employment that I've transferred into the UK from an overseas account, so no gifts etc.